Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Maria Sena is coming to NY in June. Was super close to emailing her and calling the shop, but decided it would be best to save every penny for my appt with Rose Hardy in July since my tattoos always seem to grow in size and price the day of. I'm real bummed ill miss getting something from Ms. Sena, so some one on here better get something from her while she's in NY!!!!

I almost emailed her too--she's around right before my next appointment at Saved, but I gotta save cash too, cash and space. :( So I concur, someone around here better take advantage!

I was hoping to book with Chris Garver but unfortunately due to his rate I decided to decline. But coincidentally I just got lucky and booked an appointment with Russ Abbott who is doing a short guest spot near me in Mass this summer. He's doing a clipper ship for me, I love his work.

I was hoping to book with Chris Garver but unfortunately due to his rate I decided to decline. But coincidentally I just got lucky and booked an appointment with Russ Abbott who is doing a short guest spot near me in Mass this summer. He's doing a clipper ship for me, I love his work.

Thats sounds awesome, post some pics man!

I was going to call it quits and postpone tattoos until after summer, but today James McKenna posted up on instagram that he is visiting Stockholm on the 8:th - 10:th of june. So now I am getting an androgynous african shaman with some kind of predator cowl, head only and perhaps a hand, on the inside/front of my thigh. So amazingly stoked that this is happening, one of my absolute favorite tattooers who usually works on the other side of the earth.

I am excited to talk about my upcoming piece. Im going to be gettin the outline of my turtle back hopefully by mid june. Im getting it done by Howie at Traditional Tattoo in Pismo Beach. We are going to do a full Japanese piece, Flowers wind water all the elements. But instead of a tiger, koi, dragon, We are going to put Falcor from the never ending story, and maybe a foo dog that is undecided. but for sure Falcor. Its going to be color and black and grey. Falcor will be white and light blues and all the flowers will be colored and the backgrounding will be black and grey. It will also be a cover up, covering up 5 nautical stars I have down my spine that are so plain I just wanna get rid of them. Once it gets started I will def post some pics of it!

Im so excited I cant wait to get started!!

Next week I will be getting a Rock of Ages on my arm done by Joe Ellis. My wife and I are headed over to Scotland on vacation and I will be stopping in at Lab Monkey Tattoo in Stirling next Tuesday.

I think I posted about this in this thread a while ago but I'm leaving in 2 hours so I'm pretty excited. Might not be able to use internet and make posts until I get back but I will get pics up as quick as I can!

We needed a new thread to get back to talking about what matters. I would say this is pretty dang close to "Latest Tattoo Lowdown" so mods, feel free to adjust accordingly. Bubble-berries need not apply.

What is your next planned tattoo? When? And what?

I'll go first (even though most of you all know):

Working on my Fenris-Wolf by Chris O'Donnell. Next appointment is at the end of September.

I already have some traditional tattoos,

but my next plan is to get 4 "sailor jerry" pieces.

these 4 VERY traditional pieces.

sailorjerry4.jpg

I just had the worst heal of my life (which I think probably happened for various reasons not to do with the tattooer)--like today is more than two weeks since I got tattooed and it's the first day that the damn thing looks good again--and have therefore been whining to the mister a LOT lately, you know, the old "why do we do this to ourselves???" stuff. I thought that this can't be worth it. And yet today, looking at how damn cool the tattoo is, and it finally not making me miserable anymore, I started getting the itch again! Already! Messed up. Good thing I have a session on my back coming up in 3 weeks.

PS @TrixieFaux - totally bittersweet! I am psyched to finish my back and see what the whole thing will look like, but bummed about the experience itself ending, as it's been pretty great. So I feel you! Enjoy it!