Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Holding your nose and diving into the deep end of the pool, eh? Kudos!

I'm fortunate enough to still live at home with the parents and have a good paying job. Figured I'd get a majority of the work done before I move out because that's when reality kicks in and I'm not so sure I'd be able to get it done then. I figure you only live once and I might as well get it done while I can!

I told myself no more tattoos for the rest of the year. So far, the tattoo gods are laughing at me slash torturing me because there have been so many amazing guest artists coming through (Hundahl, BHR, Boltz, Byrne, CAPILLI, etc.), plus I missed the Stell benefit, plus I'll be missing some Friday the 13th action... sigh. It most certainly doesn't help that I frequent this messageboard and still follow tons of tattooers and tattoo enthusiasts on the IG.

Right now, the plan is to get tattooed on 1/1/14. I hope one of my shops will be open. I'm thinking of going in later in the day, because I don't want to catch an artist too hungover from New Year's Day festivities.

You're not alone in having to hold off tattoos. After my next one in July ill probably have to put off tattoos for about a year. I'm hoping to pay off the credit card (ick) and then hoping to adopt a dog (yay!) and start saving for my dream car... A jeep wrangler (woo!)

Thankful for this forum, so I can live out my tattoo dreams through every one else :)

You're not alone in having to hold off tattoos. After my next one in July ill probably have to put off tattoos for about a year. I'm hoping to pay off the credit card (ick) and then hoping to adopt a dog (yay!) and start saving for my dream car... A jeep wrangler (woo!)

Thankful for this forum, so I can live out my tattoo dreams through every one else :)

We share a similar dream car (ahem Jeep). Get a hard top since your in JC!

I'm in the process of booking my first tattoo, will be by Victor Portugal. Really looking forward to it. It's going to cover my lower leg from ankle to knee. I'm just waiting on the final confirmation and exact sessions dates (his manager told me it should take 4/5 sessions). The only downside is that he's booking now for September 2015. So it's going to be 2,5 long years. Sucks, but hey, if you want quality work...

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting something smaller in the meantime. Heard some good things about Yliana Paoline (Yliana Paolini) . And she lives in driving distance :)

Edited by Omar
spelling mistakes

I'm in the process of booking my first tattoo, will be by Victor Portugal. Really looking forward to it. It's going to cover my lower leg from ankle to knee. I'm just waiting on the final confirmation and exact sessions dates (his manager told me it should take 4/5 sessions). The only downside is that he's booking now for September 2015. So it's going to be 2,5 long years. Sucks, but hey, if you want quality work...

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting something smaller in the meantime. Heard some good things about Yliana Paoline (Yliana Paolini) . And she lives in driving distance :)

Yay to both!!

I just booked an appointment with Matt Arriola in August.

The next 2 months or so are looking pretty cool right now...

July 9th & 10th I'm getting tattooed by Freddy Corbin again, August 2nd I'm having a session on my backpiece with Chad Woodley, August 10th I'm getting tattooed by Matt Arriola, and August 22nd I'm having another session on my back with Chad.

It's going to be so expensive, but so cool.

Getting my first tattoo since 1995!! first week in July. A gorgeous peacock tail from shoulder to just below elbow. I am so exited and nervous. I spend a LOT of time just perving on tattoos trying to be discreet, mostly not so discreet.

next month im flying out from germany to san francisco to get a rental car and drive down to san diego on my own.

the first day consists of driving to spider murphys and get sth. from stuart cripwell.

after that i just want to stop by and check out other shops like blacksmith and temple - any other recommendations on my route down south?

next month im flying out from germany to san francisco to get a rental car and drive down to san diego on my own.

the first day consists of driving to spider murphys and get sth. from stuart cripwell.

after that i just want to stop by and check out other shops like blacksmith and temple - any other recommendations on my route down south?

Damn, and I thought I would be travelling far (Belgium - Krakau). Sounds like a hell of an experience.

Stoked for my next session in 2 days! Booked this one like 8 weeks out.

Im adding on to my beer themed sleeve. I dropped off some reference material for hops and Barley and said I am open to mixing in some traditional tattoo subject matter.

You can check out what I got going on so far in my Gallery.

Artist is Dave Kruseman at Olde Line Tattoo in Hagerstown MD.

Edited by sketchcornwell
Couldnt get pic to imbed

check out @Iwar's blog also we have a good stickied thread about traveling.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/2506-traveling-tattoos-link-threads-blogs.html

There are some good shops in the LA area worth checking out. Bob Roberts Spotlight tattoo, Darkhorse Tattoo, Gold Rush Tattoo, a lot more, but I know time is limited. Who are you getting tattooed by in San Diego? @kimkong

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait for my little road trip on Monday. I am going to Seattle to get tattooed by Matt Arriola but appt is not till late in the day so going to visit some other shops and hang out in Seattle, probably come back Tuesday evening. After that I probably will slow down until my appt with Matt Howse in August.

soooo i wasn't going to get tattooed until September when i fly out to SF but i saw Adam Shrewsbury was going to be tattooing at Old Soul next week.. couldn't pass it up and made an appointment.

Lucky you! He's one of my favorites.

I'm starting to plan out a new tattoo! With only one tattoo (right ribcage) the asymmetry is starting to bug me (I'm super anal retentive), so I'm planning something out for the other side so I feel more "balanced". Once again it will probably be something super girly and brightly colored, I'm thinking possibly flowers (orchids, irises, lilies, my favorites). I love the planning process!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I've been doing the compulsive email checking thing waiting to hear if I'm able to get tattooed by somebody who is guesting at a local shop. Don't want to say too much lest I curse myself (I am superstitious about these things), but if this works out I'll hopefully be finishing off my right arm sooner than I was expecting to and to say I'm excited about it is an understatement.

Port City in Long Beach.

Dark Horse in LA.

Torch in Anaheim.

Sid's in Santa Ana.

Flying Panther in SD.

Master Tattoo in SD.

Too many good shops to name. This is just off the top.

thanks! i love those blogs - maybe if i find the time i will try to start one, too.

There are some good shops in the LA area worth checking out. Bob Roberts Spotlight tattoo, Darkhorse Tattoo, Gold Rush Tattoo, a lot more, but I know time is limited. Who are you getting tattooed by in San Diego? @kimkong

im not getting tattooed in sd. i will just visit some friends.... i spent a semester abroad there a few years ago and since then it is my favourite city in the world.

but was thinking about visiting flying panther & seven seas

Port City in Long Beach.

Dark Horse in LA.

Torch in Anaheim.

Sid's in Santa Ana.

Flying Panther in SD.

Master Tattoo in SD.

Too many good shops to name. This is just off the top.

perfect -thank you. i need to filter all of these recommendations; too many shops i could visit + the risk of getting tattooed spontaneous is increasing...and thats not an option because im flying from sd to ny and wanted to get sth at greenpoint tattoo :o