Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

headed to Power Tattoo tomorrow, I'm not getting tattooed but my friend is getting his forehead tattooed by Ben Grillo... should be a good time :D

Jorge? I mean, Ben's done damn near every other part of his face. :)

Stopped by Tattoo Paradise last night to chat with Nikki about a lady head idea. I explained it, and she was basically like, "I would totally crush that." I love it when the artist is just as excited about an idea as you are! Now I just have to decide when to get it (and where to put it). I'm moving apartments next month, so I'd like to get that over with first, then go in to get it.

Holding off on my next one. I had originally planned to get it a couple weeks ago, but I've already missed out on so much training this summer. Moving my date closer to the middle of autumn. The piece is already drawn up (a darker Alice), so it's pretty hard not to run on in and get it done.

Nikki is definitely on my list of people to get a tattoo from. Her lady heads ARE killer.

You should! :) I'm excited to get some work from her.

Holding off on my next one. I had originally planned to get it a couple weeks ago, but I've already missed out on so much training this summer. Moving my date closer to the middle of autumn. The piece is already drawn up (a darker Alice), so it's pretty hard not to run on in and get it done.

"a darker Alice" as in Alice in Wonderland? I would love to see that - sounds awesome!

I have an appointment with Mina Aoki at Fun City, NYC on the 10th for a lady head. This will actually be my first full-color piece and first American traditional tattoo. I've been admiring her work on a colleague and decided I want her art as part of my collection.

Then, on August 1 Chris Garver is doing a pin-up for me, posed and colored like one of Gil Elvgren's girls, but dressed as a punk rock goddess with flaming red Mohawk, rock t, trad tattoos, combat boots & torn fishnets. I'm seriously amped for this one.

Nice I was actually thinking of getting Chris to do a pin up on me but still trying to make up my mind... So far I think i'm going to do a skull and cobra for the next one . Maybe in the future i'll get him to do a pin up...

I have an appointment with Mina Aoki at Fun City, NYC on the 10th for a lady head. This will actually be my first full-color piece and first American traditional tattoo. I've been admiring her work on a colleague and decided I want her art as part of my collection.

Then, on August 1 Chris Garver is doing a pin-up for me, posed and colored like one of Gil Elvgren's girls, but dressed as a punk rock goddess with flaming red Mohawk, rock t, trad tattoos, combat boots & torn fishnets. I'm seriously amped for this one.

Leaving for Columbus, Ohio a week from today!

Going to be at the Cleveland Tattoo Expo on Friday & Sunday

Friday I'm going to be tattooed by @Debra Yarian......Saturday I am riding down to Youngstown to hang out and be tattooed by Debbie Lenz at her shop.....and then Sunday I'll be back at the convention to be tattooed by Dawn Marie Cooke!

I'd like to take a ride up to Jr Tubbs shop too if time permits......

I am also going to ride down Monday to visit with Dana Brunson!

Should be another awesome tattoo road trip!

Final sitting on my left arm sleeve with Mo Coppoletta (TFB) in August, and booked in for another two days in Tokyo for work on my front by Tomo (Yellow Blaze). That's November... going to be a flying visit.

When these are done it's the last of the big work for me, I'm going to fill in what's left in one-shot tattoos that I ration out :)

Not been posting much because I've been busy with work, moving house and getting married (18 days away).

Still lurking though...!

I just posted this in my initiation thread, but I'm getting tattooed by Grez at King's Avenue in September. That'll be my first time at that shop and by him, and I can't wait. I've loved his stuff for a while, but finally took the plunge.

Between that and buying a house, my tattoo budget is pretty minimal right now. I'm looking to get in with one of a few people I have in mind at the Richmond Convention in November and then Brian Bruno at Absolute Art in early 2014.

I just posted this in my initiation thread, but I'm getting tattooed by Grez at King's Avenue in September. That'll be my first time at that shop and by him, and I can't wait. I've loved his stuff for a while, but finally took the plunge.

Between that and buying a house, my tattoo budget is pretty minimal right now. I'm looking to get in with one of a few people I have in mind at the Richmond Convention in November and then Brian Bruno at Absolute Art in early 2014.

I just started my back with Grez yesterday! Do you have any idea what you're getting yet?

not sure if anyone has seen my garver dragon and tiger tattoo. It was done on the left side chest torso area...

Now I'm working on my right side. I have black n grey eagle head on my chest. My idea is to do a cobra and skull below the eagle head to cover the torso area on my right side.

Not sure it will look good in that area .. Since all of my tattoos on that side is black n grey was thinking of doing the cobra in black n red... Still haven't made up my mind what to do in that area..

My only other idea was to put praying hands... Would love to hear some ideas!

Update: As of today, I also have an appointment with Ashley Love at New York Adorned for a mermaid & anchor design in late August.

I had my consult with Rose Hardy. We are going to go bigger and make it a nice sized leg piece. She's going to be back in the winter and eventually moving to NYC. I'm kind of excited to do a big piece and have a nice work in progress. It'll suck having to wait but make for a killer tattoo. And it works out great because I was planning on holding off after this summer and maybe getting some small one shot tattoos, but working on a big piece over time is going to be a cool new experience.

And Grez is awesome like every one said. Every time I go to Kings Ave he always remembers me and wants to see how my tattoos have settled in and ask how my wedding planning is going haha. He is so committed to his clients, great dude.