Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

After being on vacation last week, I'm back to the daily grind at the office today.... but I'm going to spend most of my time this week day dreaming about my appointment with Chad Koeplinger this weekend. It is going to be a hand+ sized calf piece but I'm still not sure what I'm getting but leaning towards something with a skull and roses or maybe a fudo with flames or maybe a rose of no mans land or a wolf head or....... It is a tough decision because he does everything so well!

Very lucky to be heading to New York (from Melbourne) for the first time in around 8 weeks. Have the following plans or bookings:

Robert Ryan - chest piece

Mark Cross - couple of palm-sized beauties

Bailey Hunter Robinson - bison head

Smith Street - assorted flash from the wall

I'm planning on condensing the appointments at the start of the trip as I dont want to impact too much on my wife and daughters trip.

Would love to hear fellow posters experiences of condensed appointments.

@funkykingston I posted a travel blog of my trip to NYC in the blog posts last year. I'm not much of a story teller, but it might be worth the read.

As far as upcoming tattoos go, I talked with Hector Fong yesterday about some work. He is bringing in the Legends book to the shop on Wednesday, and maybe even some of his own drawings. Stoked to get some more work in, since it's been a few months since my last tattoo. Will most likely be getting the actual tattoo in a few weeks, seeing as I am going to be in Denver/Vegas for a seven days starting next Monday, and I don't want to deal with having a healing tattoo while vacationing.

The one and only Tim hendricks! Next month gonna travel to Cali but still haven't thought what I will get!! He does everything so well.............

he's a fun dude to hang with, if you like 2pac at all ask him to tell you the story :)

As far as upcoming tattoos go, I talked with Hector Fong yesterday about some work. He is bringing in the Legends book to the shop on Wednesday, and maybe even some of his own drawings. Stoked to get some more work in, since it's been a few months since my last tattoo. Will most likely be getting the actual tattoo in a few weeks, seeing as I am going to be in Denver/Vegas for a seven days starting next Monday, and I don't want to deal with having a healing tattoo while vacationing.

Steve Byrne used that book as reference for the Eagle/Skull/Dagger tattoo I got from him a few months ago. I only briefly saw a couple pages (filled with cool designs) but I thought it was amazing how Steve took a vintage flash design and updated it into the awesome piece I have now. I want to get that book for my coffee table.

Also the stuff Hector Fong posts on Instagram looks awesome!

The one and only Tim hendricks! Next month gonna travel to Cali but still haven't decided

what I will get!! He does everything so well.............

I would absolutely love to have Tim do a tattoo for me, what are you leaning towards style wise?

After too much thinking and scheduling and canceling a consultation appointment about a parrot/anchor design, I'm having Papa Joe Dawson draw up two designs for me. One is my design, and the other will be completely his (no restrictions except for the color of the parrot). One of those designs will be on me in a couple of weeks.

I really had a tough time deciding on an artist for this one. I completely over thought it and part of me will be very relieved once the tattooing starts.

honestly not sure yet!! i was going to do a kinda rock of ages i saw a painting he did on his website but he told me he already did that on a friend of his.. I'll probably do something semi traditional like a pin up. Man i don't know.... he is not an easy person to get work from so it makes it that much harder to decide!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

maybe even a cobra..

honestly not sure yet!! i was going to do a kinda rock of ages i saw a painting he did on his website but he told me he already did that on a friend of his.. I'll probably do something semi traditional like a pin up. Man i don't know.... he is not an easy person to get work from so it makes it that much harder to decide!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

maybe even a cobra..

I'm having similar trouble deciding what imagery to ask for in my next tattoo... I think I'm just going to throw 3-4 basic/traditional ideas (skulls/roses/wolf/leopard/snake) out there and let the artist decide. And if he says he likes all the ideas equally and I need to choose then I'll make a panicked last second decision and still be happy.

Steve Byrne used that book as reference for the Eagle/Skull/Dagger tattoo I got from him a few months ago. I only briefly saw a couple pages (filled with cool designs) but I thought it was amazing how Steve took a vintage flash design and updated it into the awesome piece I have now. I want to get that book for my coffee table.

Also the stuff Hector Fong posts on Instagram looks awesome!

Do you happen to have a photo of your Steve Byrne tattoo? I'd love to see it; he does some of my favorite tattoos.

I've heard great things about the book, and yes, Hector does amazing tattoos. I'm thinking maybe a rose of no man's land, or a leopard/panther/tiger head. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll be stunned by it.

Do you happen to have a photo of your Steve Byrne tattoo? I'd love to see it; he does some of my favorite tattoos.

I've heard great things about the book, and yes, Hector does amazing tattoos. I'm thinking maybe a rose of no man's land, or a leopard/panther/tiger head. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll be stunned by it.

here it is: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/15-latest-tattoo-lowdown-page375.html#post65976

if you get a chance to look through the legends book you might see an eagle in a very similar pose.

Reading about everyone's plans and ideas for upcoming tattoos makes it hard to wait for the next one!

Just got a new one (outline of a lady head with headdress on my side/ribs) a few days ago...so my next bit or work will be to finish that with shading and color. After that, in September sometime, I'm planning to start a chest piece. Thinking about a war eagle....traditional style, holding arrows or maybe a spear with a banner and just a few words below, perhaps some American flag/banners too. Honestly, I'll let the tattooer design everything...at the end of the day I just want a big, bad ass, full spread bird.