Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

TOP idea for a thread.

I've got a couple of tattoos planned to kick things off, one just for fun and one as a sort of little motivator, for lack of a better word.

I've been sketching out ideas for a long-ish piece on my arm that would start up near my shoulder, depicting a classic tall ship on the surface of the ocean. BUT, the ship is in two pieces, with a couple of kraken tentacles in the process of tearing it apart. Clouds and small birds in the background, etc.

The water is shaded black and blue - but mostly only near the top, near the 'surface' of the water - and the image moves down into the depths of the ocean, down my arm, with the long kraken tentacles reaching up from the bottom.

Haven't decided if the kraken's torso/head will be visible... I like the idea of having the tentacles disappear behind a banner, which is covering where the body would be. but I'm not sure yet what the banner would say...

The other piece is just something I'll have near my wrist, where I can always see it. It'll be some sort of 'be better' message (but something a little more playful). I battle with anxiety, depression and indecision, so I think it'd be a nice reminder if it's something I can see all the time.

We needed a new thread to get back to talking about what matters. I would say this is pretty dang close to "Latest Tattoo Lowdown" so mods, feel free to adjust accordingly. Bubble-berries need not apply.

What is your next planned tattoo? When? And what?

I'll go first (even though most of you all know):

Working on my Fenris-Wolf by Chris O'Donnell. Next appointment is at the end of September.

I have an appointment with Samuel Shaw @ Kulture Tattoo on Kauai on sept 25th,I'm excited,he said he's going to do it freehand,which sounds great,I'm going to get Polynesian/Samoan work.

The Tattoo Work of Samuel Morgan Shaw | Kreator and Kurator at Kulture Tattoo, Kauai, Hawaii

Kulture Tattoo

I have an appointment with Samuel Shaw @ Kulture Tattoo on Kauai on sept 25th,I'm excited,he said he's going to do it freehand,which sounds great,I'm going to get Polynesian/Samoan work.

The Tattoo Work of Samuel Morgan Shaw | Kreator and Kurator at Kulture Tattoo, Kauai, Hawaii

Kulture Tattoo

His work looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing the results.

The one and only Tim hendricks! Next month gonna travel to Cali but still haven't decided

what I will get!! He does everything so well.............

JEALOUS!!!!!!!! ;) I got a small piece done by Tim a few years back, having no idea who he was. I have followed his work ever since and have a similiar trip high on my wish list. It doesn't matter what you get. It's gonna be killer no matter what. Congrats! Look forward to seeing it!

Oh and yes. He is such an awesome dude too.

JEALOUS!!!!!!!! ;) I got a small piece done by Tim a few years back, having no idea who he was. I have followed his work ever since and have a similiar trip high on my wish list. It doesn't matter what you get. It's gonna be killer no matter what. Congrats! Look forward to seeing it!

Oh and yes. He is such an awesome dude too.

The problem is he's so good at everything it's hard to pick. If he was just good at say japanese then it would be a lot easier! Leaning towards a cobra with roses. Still thinking ... ugh!! haha

The problem is he's so good at everything it's hard to pick. If he was just good at say japanese then it would be a lot easier! Leaning towards a cobra with roses. Still thinking ... ugh!! haha

Well, I know what you mean. I'm sure I will have the same problem when the time comes. I myself have been dreaming about a pin-up in colour and perhaps a little cholo dude in black and grey as a filler somewhere. Or perhaps just giving him a vague idea and saying "go for it".

The cobra/roses idea is a good one as he certainly has an affinity for both of those images. Are you thinking black and grey?

Well, I know what you mean. I'm sure I will have the same problem when the time comes. I myself have been dreaming about a pin-up in colour and perhaps a little cholo dude in black and grey as a filler somewhere. Or perhaps just giving him a vague idea and saying "go for it".

The cobra/roses idea is a good one as he certainly has an affinity for both of those images. Are you thinking black and grey?

Yeah was thinking about doing a cholo girl pin up ! Also did think about letting him doing anything ..

I was thinking of doing a black n red cobra with red roses.

Im getting a panther head from fergus Simms in a couple of weeks and just managed to get a spot with rich hardy while he's down in Melbourne , getting a cowgirl head from him, can't wait

Lucky you. I just got an eagle and snake from Fergus. I think he's the nicest person I've ever met. Make sure you ask to see his tattoos as well- he has an incredible collection from Smith Street.

Next for me will be a rose of no man's land from Ben Rorke @ Westside. Just waiting on hearing back from him re his travel dates.

Had a bit of a hiatus but i'm now (hopefully) booked in with Frank Carter for some time in August/September.

Edit: I'm also fighting a strong urge to email Samuele Briganti about an appointment for the london convention. Must.... think.... of.... bank..... balance....

Double edit: Just found out he's fully booked. Guess the bank balance can breathe a sigh of relief... for now

My buddy managed to book with Samueie Briganti sorry you couldn't get a slot! @ItsNewport

my up coming list is as follows

July 23rd Jordan Baxter, Hope & Glory, Suffolk, snake and dagger on forearm

August 9th Mike Wilson, Inksmith & Rogers, FL, Gorilla and dagger on neck

September 18th Chad Koeplinger, Frith street, London, more on my back

September 20th Adam Hays, Black Garden, London, skull and chrysanthemum on my neck/head

Maybe something at London convention if i have the money and probably more from Jordan after my tattoo from Mike