Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

you guys. I may or may not have found out today that i will probably (knock on wood!) have the most exciting appointment ever for the mtl tattoo convention next month and i am so stoked it's not even funny. I am too superstitious to say it out loud just yet but it is going to rule.

omg you're getting tattooed by neutral milk hotel.

I was scheduled to have a 2 day appointment with Kore Flatmo next weekend. Due to work I had to reschedule until October. I was a little disappointed.

Then, a couple weeks ago I emailed Chris O'Donnell about working on my back. I really didn't expect to get a response right away. Not only did he respond quickly, he said he liked the idea and asked if I wanted to start in a couple months. Needless to say, I'm a little excited.

I have a consult next weekend for my back. I will be able to commiserate with those of you who were stupid enough to get your asses tattooed in the not too distant future.

who will be tattooing your back? mine doesn't go onto my ass but the rest of the back was painful enough for me. i wish it were done already so i never have to worry about it again haha.

I have a consult next weekend for my back. I will be able to commiserate with those of you who were stupid enough to get your asses tattooed in the not too distant future.

Hahaha. I mean congratulations. I was recently telling a friend how the butt tattoo pain is just indescribable, then as I was moving, a mover walked up and asked me what hurt the worst. Friend said I made a very weird face as I tried to come up with something that wasn't my ass.

@suburbanxcore Yeah, that bandage was a force to be reckoned with! My back is a panther/snake battle with some roses.

who will be tattooing your back? mine doesn't go onto my ass but the rest of the back was painful enough for me. i wish it were done already so i never have to worry about it again haha.

It's going to be a tiger vs snake battle done by Dave Cummings at PSC Tattoo. I am super psyched.

@semele My only consolation here is that I'm getting tattooed locally this time so at least I can do short sessions...though maybe I want to do longer ones just to get it done and over with? Am I going to have another one of those moments where I am getting tattooed thinking that I picked something incredibly stupid to be into?

It's going to be a tiger vs snake battle done by Dave Cummings at PSC Tattoo. I am super psyched.

@semele My only consolation here is that I'm getting tattooed locally this time so at least I can do short sessions...though maybe I want to do longer ones just to get it done and over with? Am I going to have another one of those moments where I am getting tattooed thinking that I picked something incredibly stupid to be into?

Yesss, but if you are anything like me, that is EVERY tattoo. I'm traveling so I was offered full-day sessions, but I only took half-days, and four hours is about as much as I have in me these days. I envy your local-ness, can't want to see it!

this is exactly how i felt when i was having my back outlined. i have a big panther/snake fighting and it took a little over 3 hours to outline i believe. i was over it immediately. the worst was towards the end when he had me sit straight up and hunch over so he could tattoo the very bottom (typically where women get "tramp stamps"). it was truly awful.

2nd session we started shading it and it wasn't too bad for the first hour or so but it wears on you quick. once the 2nd hour was up i had to call it quits for the day. once i'm back from SF next month i'm going to set something up for the 3rd session and try to sit as long as possible but we'll see.

Yesss, but if you are anything like me, that is EVERY tattoo. I'm traveling so I was offered full-day sessions, but I only took half-days, and four hours is about as much as I have in me these days. I envy your local-ness, can't want to see it!

The last tattoo I got was super fun and easy but it only took something like 45 minutes so that doesn't count. The tattoo session before that was finishing up my sleeve and it was a long and brutal session and there were totally parts where I was laying there smelling the blood drying on my shoulder thinking that no rational, sane person should be getting tattooed. Thomas had also made some joke earlier that day about tattooers being like witch doctors being paid to literally bleed out the demons, and it was one of those revelatory moments about how despite everything that tattooing is these days that there's still a good bit of that primal sort of magic in it.