Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

2 more straight days in December on my back and after reading a few posts above, this shit isn't going to be pretty. (But fucking worth it!) Horinao said it'd be about 20 hours to complete the main motif and I'm wondering if I should just try and push through and get 3 days to complete it...

2 full days? 8 hour full days? 16 hours? 57,600 minutes?

What's another day. DO IT!!! Ha ha!

That's a lot to sit through. Much respect, and we'll all pray for you here.

2 full days? 8 hour full days? 16 hours? 57,600 minutes?

What's another day. DO IT!!! Ha ha!

That's a lot to sit through. Much respect, and we'll all pray for you here.

I had never broken it down like that... well bugger me! In saying that a full day seems to be around 6 hours worth of tattooing not including breaks, which is still a loooooong time lol. Hence why I'm thinking 3 days would be a lot closer to the finish line. And I'll probably need all the prayers I can get, so cheers!!

Might need some advice - @Reyeslv you've done three days straight before haven't you? Any tips?

- - - Updated - - -

the worst was towards the end when he had me sit straight up and hunch over so he could tattoo the very bottom (typically where women get "tramp stamps"). it was truly awful.

That was the area we started at so I had a fair idea what was to come, well, at least I thought I did lol.

I had never broken it down like that... well bugger me! In saying that a full day seems to be around 6 hours worth of tattooing not including breaks, which is still a loooooong time lol. Hence why I'm thinking 3 days would be a lot closer to the finish line. And I'll probably need all the prayers I can get, so cheers!!

Might need some advice - @Reyeslv you've done three days straight before haven't you? Any tips?

- - - Updated - - -

That was the area we started at so I had a fair idea what was to come, well, at least I thought I did lol.

I have done two days in a row twice before. First day is easy, second day is hell.

I have done two days in a row twice before. First day is easy, second day is hell.

Don't get me wrong I've done it twice before for my sleeve, and the outline for my back was 10 hours over 2 days consecutively, but thankfully it was just the outline and not colour lol. Couldn't agree more, second day is hell hence why I'm hesitant to go 3... but it could be worth it to finish

- - - Updated - - -

Ps best signature ever

I don't do painkillers. I will take Advil before a long appointment. When I was in London back in March I made the mistake of taking ibuprofen with codine and that really messed me up. I find if you get a good nights sleep and eat right and don't drink too many beers you'll be good to go and beers taste better afterwards!!!! What also helped was the numbing spray. That makes the long multi-sessions much more manageable.

Don't get me wrong I've done it twice before for my sleeve, and the outline for my back was 10 hours over 2 days consecutively, but thankfully it was just the outline and not colour lol. Couldn't agree more, second day is hell hence why I'm hesitant to go 3... but it could be worth it to finish

- - - Updated - - -

Ps best signature ever

I don't do painkillers. I will take Advil before a long appointment. When I was in London back in March I made the mistake of taking ibuprofen with codine and that really messed me up. I find if you get a good nights sleep and eat right and don't drink too many beers you'll be good to go and beers taste better afterwards!!!! What also helped was the numbing spray. That makes the long multi-sessions much more manageable.

I like to use a lot of Dr. Numb and then just got my hands on some 10% lidocane spray. So that will be rad.... Also, last time I got work on my back, I took some Valium and drank a beer before starting each day. And that really helped out.

Afterthought: Any Canadian LSTers willing to send me some 50%or higher lidocane stuff? I buy, you ship to me?

It's going to be a tiger vs snake battle done by Dave Cummings at PSC Tattoo. I am super psyched.

@semele My only consolation here is that I'm getting tattooed locally this time so at least I can do short sessions...though maybe I want to do longer ones just to get it done and over with? Am I going to have another one of those moments where I am getting tattooed thinking that I picked something incredibly stupid to be into?

When are you starting this? I really like Dave's tattoos. He does guest spots in Vancouver on occasion, but I have not been able to get tattooed by him yet. I am hoping to the next time he is in town.

Leaving tomorrow morning for another 4000 mile driving trip for more tattoos :)

First is Tofi on the 20th, then Victor Portugal on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd to carry on with my back peice and then on to Silvano Fiato on the 26th.

Victor is doing my arse cheeks this time around so driving 3000 more miles on it doesn't sound like fun lol

Afterthought: Any Canadian LSTers willing to send me some 50%or higher lidocane stuff? I buy, you ship to me?

I'm totally willing to do this (and live close to the border/come over often for easy shipping), but I'm not sure where I get my hands on this? Regular pharmacy? Medical supply? From tattooers?

My next planned tattoo is a Japanese Dragon on my thigh. Marius Meyer gonna do it. So stoked about this. As for now, I think I´m gonna dedicate my whole right leg for Japanese stuff.

After that, my first pri. is to finish a cover I started.

I mean no offense, and I understand the desire to abbreviate, but if you could please take the time to spell out "Japanese," that would be awesome.

I'm totally willing to do this (and live close to the border/come over often for easy shipping), but I'm not sure where I get my hands on this? Regular pharmacy? Medical supply? From tattooers?

I would seriously reconsider using this stuff. I talked to a tattoo artist that’s doing my backpiece about this and the ink doesn't take that well. It also disrupts the healing process. He told me he can tell when someone uses this stuff even if they don't tell him. Just man up and take the pain. It’s part of the journey towards something truly awesome.

I would seriously reconsider using this stuff. I talked to a tattoo artist that’s doing my backpiece about this and the ink doesn't take that well. It also disrupts the healing process. He told me he can tell when someone uses this stuff even if they don't tell him. Just man up and take the pain. It’s part of the journey towards something truly awesome.

good advice, always consult your artist first.

This is your super awesome back piece right?

More progress on Tiger vs. Snake back for Chris...

When are you starting this? I really like Dave's tattoos. He does guest spots in Vancouver on occasion, but I have not been able to get tattooed by him yet. I am hoping to the next time he is in town.

I'll let you know tomorrow, I should have some dates then. I'm super excited for this. Dave's tattoos are really great, he seems like a super nice dude from my limited interactions with him so far, and PSC is a really cool shop. I hope I get some Tony stories...when I got tattooed by him there wasn't much talking, but I bet that guy has seen and heard it all.

I am getting fairly excited as I have contacted Sam Ricketts, Sam is planning on heading over to Australia but nothing is set in stone as yet. The plan is to get a shark to go with my Stevie Edge shark/monster with some water and maybe a lighthouse, something along those lines.

Will be stoked if this one happens.