Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

I have found an Owl that I would love to get as soon as possible. Not sure if I want him on my upper arm or on my calf. Leaning towrds the calf as he is short and very round. Lots of color!!! He is a modern spin on the classic 60's and 70's style owl.

So here is the question. I am in the process of healing my foot tatto right now and it has been a bit of a struggle. Some thick scabbing and sharp pains. It's not infected just taking its sweet time. How long should I wait before I get another piece on my lower legs?

I'll let you know tomorrow, I should have some dates then. I'm super excited for this. Dave's tattoos are really great, he seems like a super nice dude from my limited interactions with him so far, and PSC is a really cool shop. I hope I get some Tony stories...when I got tattooed by him there wasn't much talking, but I bet that guy has seen and heard it all.

Dave's a rad dude. He did a super cool Oni on the back of my right thigh when he was in Vancouver for the convention this past April. He's such an incredible tattooer and he's always a good hang.

Dave's a rad dude. He did a super cool Oni on the back of my right thigh when he was in Vancouver for the convention this past April. He's such an incredible tattooer and he's always a good hang.

I had my consult today and we are going to start in July of next year, or earlier if he has any cancellations. I'm super stoked, the tattoo is going to be amazing, and I just get such a good vibe from him and that shop.

Oh man, I want a tattoo!

I have an appointment booked for Oct 5th to add to my right arm, and will go to consult about it soon. Decided to go back to Kim Saigh. While there are hundreds of artists whose stuff I'm into, I figured who better to continue this arm than the person who already started it. I am really fond of her, and her work, and her shop. When I got the roses from her on my upper arm I didn't know I'd want to turn it into a sleeve, but I have full confidence she can figure it out.

Oh man, I want a tattoo!

I have an appointment booked for Oct 5th to add to my right arm, and will go to consult about it soon. Decided to go back to Kim Saigh. While there are hundreds of artists whose stuff I'm into, I figured who better to continue this arm than the person who already started it. I am really fond of her, and her work, and her shop. When I got the roses from her on my upper arm I didn't know I'd want to turn it into a sleeve, but I have full confidence she can figure it out.

Any idea of what you'll continue the arm with or are you going to leave it more or less to her?

Any idea of what you'll continue the arm with or are you going to leave it more or less to her?

I'm getting a raven... the raven may have something hanging from its beak (like a key or a bell), and then I'm not sure what else... this is where I'm hoping she can chime in w/more ideas. Or I could just get the raven for now and add more stuff separately. I'd be happy with more flowers, maybe a branch, maybe a moth.

ps. I've wanted a raven for a while and yours did not make me want one any less!!

I'm getting a raven... the raven may have something hanging from its beak (like a key or a bell), and then I'm not sure what else... this is where I'm hoping she can chime in w/more ideas. Or I could just get the raven for now and add more stuff separately. I'd be happy with more flowers, maybe a branch, maybe a moth.

ps. I've wanted a raven for a while and yours did not make me want one any less!!

That sounds rad, and I'm excited to see it!

I'm getting 3 new tattoos on the 24th of this month. I'm getting the outline of two turtles one in red and one in green (mine and my daughters birthstone colors) and then a ribbon with blue on the outside and light green on the inside :D, then on the 24th i'll schedule my appointment for my memorial tattoo for my dad.

With apologies to Sir Elton John...

Sa-tur-day

Sa-tur-day

Sa-tur-day

TATTOO DAY!!

12:30 this Saturday I get my boxer girl done. She's a Flapper looking gal wearing a cross and has a gray ribbon tattoo on her bicep. Been over and over the design with the Artist and I'm very eager to see his final rendition. She will either reside on my right forearm or left upper arm, depending on how she flows.

Well, I was going to get my star but saw a random chick walking along with one and it looked rather crappy with all the straight lines on a foot. Glad I don't just rush off and get tattoos done before being 100% sure. BUT I have found a piece for each foot with is sort or traditional look but not. I originally thought about one on my right forearm but it will work way better on my foot with the other one I've fallen in love with on my other foot. I've just emailed the artist who makes awesome jewellery in Melbourne, Australia to ask permission. She's said yes to others in the past so it shouldn't be a problem but I like to respect the artist none the less. Pretty sure she just expects pictures in return and to mention her if anyone asks. I'm a bit excited actually because I already own a few of her pieces and have a couple in the post I ordered last week.

The jewelry artist got back to me regarding my feet. She gave permission and also emailed copies of the pics. This it what I will be getting:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0196/9326/products/librarian1_1024x1024.jpeg?2439 on right foot and

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0196/9326/products/be_mine_girl1_1024x1024.jpeg?2439 on left foot.

Thinking the "BE MINE" in the heart may have to be written next to the picture. I'll stick to same text though. Will see after I pop in and see tattoo dude tomorrow. I fugure they should fit pretty well considering the sugar skulls I usually see

Well, the next one I've got in the pipeline is just a sort of traditional banner affair, which'll sit above the rest of the stuff on my right arm, and hopefully round off the whole musical/band/lyrics theme.

On the banner will appear the words "Hail Poetry".

If anyone else on here is getting a tattoo with a Gilbert & Sullivan reference in the near future, I'll (a) be impressed, and (b) buy you a drink. :D

I'm really excited for September, as I'll finally be moving onto the side of my neck (I already have the back and behind my ears) with the help of Derek Noble at Lucky Devil. Getting tattooed by Noble was definitely a huge added bonus to moving to Seattle.

He'll be putting a cloaked caricature of my wife's face on the side of my neck, creeping onto the front. I'm really stoked.

I just booked a spot with El Monga for when he's back in Philly at Rumi Tattoo next month. He's doing a sort of benefit type thing for the family of Cosmo, the shop's owner who unfortunately just passed away last week. That shop's been a huge part of my life as a tattooed person--it's right in the same neighborhood where I live, where I got my first tattoo, and where I got tattooed by El Monga the first time--so this one will definitely have some sentimental value. I suggested that he do a Penrose triangle with his own personal flare to it, but we'll see what his feelings are on that.