Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

I'm visiting home in North Carolina for the first time in a couple of years next week. I have an appointment with Danny Reed at Hot Stuff Tattoo on the 19th. It's for a hot stuff devil/aloha monkey mash-up

I love the stuff they do there. I think if I ever make it back I want to get tattooed by John Henry, that dude's stuff just cracks me up.

3 week tattoo-bonanza to come:

London: Mole eating planet, side of underarm, El Carlo. Lady head sleeping under starlit sky, inside of thigh, Jacyln Réhe. Eel eating it's own tail, around another tattoo on front of thigh, Deno.

Trieste, Italy: Heart/factory-thing, front of other thigh, Rudy Fritsch.

Back in Stockholm: Tibetean UFO in smoke, back of knee, Iain Mullen.

After that: chill time for a month or three.

edit: (checked bank balance) ... or six

This Friday, actually, by a guy named Ryan McDonald. He's done a couple of tattoos and we both adore color and heavy shading. I love Sak Yant, but being a woman, I don't have the option to get true Sak Yank and he has the same love of Asian culture. So rather than doing a cheap copy, he is doing a colored take on my side sort of above my hip, inspired by the Thai style. I think it will look pretty darn cool.

Heading back to Berlin the first week of Oct. to (hopefully) finish off my rib-piece with Uncle Allan. Super stoked to see this thing come together!

I was planning on taking a little hiatus for a few months, but my loving wife got me a b-day present in the form of an appointment with Herb Auerbach which is coming up in a couple of weeks. Haven't made my mind up design-wise; I'm thinking moth or lady head.

My appointment that was scheduled to happen last night (to start work on my thigh) was postponed only a handful of hours before the appointment due to an emergency. <insert sobs, whimpering, and other pitiful sounds here> I quelled the disappointment with tacos and margaritas.

Trying this again; getting tattooed by Robert Ryan tomorrow!

yaay! This appointment has moved more than the Freelings (bonus points to anyone who gets that reference) and I'm really geeked to get it started.

How did your appointment go? I just lucked into a cancellation spot with Robert Ryan at the Bay Area Convention next month! Am giddy like a schoolgirl and had to run to LST to tell tattoo friends. :p Stooked!

How did your appointment go? I just lucked into a cancellation spot with Robert Ryan at the Bay Area Convention next month! Am giddy like a schoolgirl and had to run to LST to tell tattoo friends. :p Stooked!

it was great. It's always great. Bink is a joy to get tattooed by. You'll get an honest, clean tattoo from a swell dude.