Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

you planning on shading and coloring those in? you could definitely fit a rose in there

Yes this Friday. That is when will I plan on asking Nick Colella to add a rose for me. There are a total of 5 he has to shade/color on Friday already so I don't know if we will get to the rose or not. Thanks for the help, I am excited for Friday.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Yes this Friday. That is when will I plan on asking Nick Colella to add a rose for me. There are a total of 5 he has to shade/color on Friday already so I don't know if we will get to the rose or not. Thanks for the help, I am excited for Friday.

shit, i must have missed the part where you said that Nick Colella was the one tattooing them! very cool. definitely get the rose if you're able to!

Well, El Monga's coming back to Philly next month, and despite the fact that I got tattooed by him last month, and again back in May, I booked a spot with him. What am I going to do, NOT get tattooed by him?

Not sure exactly what I'm going to get, but I threw a bunch of ideas at him in an email. We'll see what sticks.

What is the consensus on men getting roses? I have a small open spot and haven't come up with what to fill it with and was thinking a rose, here is the spot. Not really a fan of daggers nor skulls. Any other ideas would be great, thanks

Roses rule. End of story. Do it.

I'm diggin' on the "Thrush Brush" bird. Cool !

Well, El Monga's coming back to Philly next month, and despite the fact that I got tattooed by him last month, and again back in May, I booked a spot with him. What am I going to do, NOT get tattooed by him?

Not sure exactly what I'm going to get, but I threw a bunch of ideas at him in an email. We'll see what sticks.

I love the logic where you're like...well, I don't really need a tattoo, but it would be irresponsible for me to not get one given this opportunity. I'm jealous, I'd love to get tattooed by El Monga. One day, I hope.

I love the logic where you're like...well, I don't really need a tattoo, but it would be irresponsible for me to not get one given this opportunity. I'm jealous, I'd love to get tattooed by El Monga. One day, I hope.

That's pretty much it. My desire to take advantage of the opportunity far outweighs any worries about "moving too fast" or whatever. As far as I'm concerned, he owns my whole lower left leg.

I hope you get a chance to get a Monga tattoo, too. I can't recommend it enough. Come to Philadelphia.

Writing this also reminded me that my one year tattoo anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks. It's been very little time but a very long time, if you know what I mean.

That's pretty much it. My desire to take advantage of the opportunity far outweighs any worries about "moving too fast" or whatever. As far as I'm concerned, he owns my whole lower left leg.

I hope you get a chance to get a Monga tattoo, too. I can't recommend it enough. Come to Philadelphia.

Writing this also reminded me that my one year tattoo anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks. It's been very little time but a very long time, if you know what I mean.

It's kinda freaky how much your post reflects my thoughts/experiences...ever since he put a monster of a tattoo on my left calf in August, all I can think about is more Monga! He is the man; so much good Ju-Ju in his work and person.

Dig that last statement too...

I don't have anything booked until I start my back next summer so it's tempting. Not having any tattoos coming up before that is starting to bother me.

I don't have anything booked until I start my back next summer so it's tempting. Not having any tattoos coming up before that is starting to bother me.

agreed. thinking about that appointment scheduled in 2-3 months can be a great psychological boost during those crappy days at work. the appointments booked a year or more in advance almost don't feel real yet.

I had said to myself that I wouldn't do any more tattoos at least until the scottish convention, perhaps not even until my planned trip to New York in the spring..

BUT then I got a text yesterday from a swedish tattooer that I respect a lot, asking if I wanted to get a discount tattoo from him so he could work overtime on friday instead of waiting around for a concert.

Aaaaand that's how good I keep my promises to myself! So Friday evening now spells "tattoo of Joakims left foot".

We're going to do a rendition of one of my own drawings that he likes a lot, he even wanted to get it tattooed on himself. I am slightly scared, I hear it's a horrible spot.

I'm so excited for everyone going to the convention this weekend. Take lots of pics!

Balls to the employment news @real meta .

@beez /waves hand: "you are perfectly healthy. You will not get sick.""

On a side note. I emailed Adam Guy Hays about starting a back piece. Even though he's on vacation in Japan (getting tattooed by Horiyoshi 3, the dirty bugger), he has taken the time to message back :). He seems down, and apparently might even be doing guest spots in the pacific northwest next year, which would be rad to cut down on the traveling I would need to do.

My wife also got an appointment with Whitney Fromm for some sunflowers and almond blossoms on her shoulder (in June 2014). This will be the misses' first/most detailed/involved tattoo. She has just a few simple, small pieces.

She was rather amused at how excited for her I was.