Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

@Graeme, I'm getting a kickass Japanese-style dragon 7/10 sleeve w/ sakura, I think. Going past the elbow -- new territory for me re: tattoo visibility, which admittedly makes me a little nervous for some reason...

If it helps you any, I was all kinds of nervous about going past the elbow. It seemed like I was making a really big leap coverage-wise, even though I couldn't have covered my tattoos with a t-shirt even before that. It's going to come out amazing though. Seth is a really incredible tattooer, I've seen some of his large-scale Japanese-style stuff in person, and like all good tattoos, seeing photos of them does them no justice, and he's smart, funny, articulate, and a really fun guy to get tattooed by.

No appointments made, but planning for the 2nd week in March, when we have 10 days off for Spring Break. Not sure if our guy will be back home guesting at the shop or if we'll have to make the drive to Missouri to see him.

No point to my post really...just to be a whine baby pee pants b/c I'm antsy to get more work done and nobody else would understand!

I had to cancel my back session for today with Grez--maybe one of you NY locals got to nab the cancelation?--so I get to wait until the end of the month. Looking forward to it since we started the coverup portion last time, and that old tattoo was kind of creepy BEFORE it had half a face!

Other than that I'll be at the printmaking conference in San Francisco for a few days in March and will probably get something small. Unless I am so crippled by indecision that I wind up getting nothing!

I had to cancel my back session for today with Grez--maybe one of you NY locals got to nab the cancelation?--so I get to wait until the end of the month.

When I saw that on IG, I really debated hopping on a bus up and crashing on @huggernaut's couch. Turns out his manager at work took that spot! Bummed you had to cancel, but at least you'll get in at the end of the month!

When I saw that on IG, I really debated hopping on a bus up and crashing on @huggernaut's couch. Turns out his manager at work took that spot! Bummed you had to cancel, but at least you'll get in at the end of the month!

Ha, small world. I was actually getting a little burned out from getting tattooed (and traveling to get tattooed) all the goddamn time, so getting an extra month to recharge is almost more of a relief than it is a bummer.

After 2 tattoos done within a month or so of each other, I think I am gonna take a break, but I def have ideas of the next one that I have had in my head for a while now

So I have no idea when but probably withing the next 6 months I'd say

I'd like to get a horse, specifically a black, guess breed doesn't matter-I'd want either a full body of it standing up or galloping or maybe just a portrait shot of the head or a side shot. I also am considering Arabic calligraphy of in the shape of a horse but leaning more towards an actual horse. This would go on my left arm and would be pretty large or medium size depending on the position of the horse and if it's just the head or a full body.

I don't own any horses but I do love them and I feel like they are really intense animals and you can connect with them differently than even a dog/cat. I do ride them when I can and I have before. They symbolize, to me, power, beauty and gentleness. I also they believe they signify a journey or moving forward, especially a galloping horse.

Thinking of going for a walk-in this weekend to get a peacock on my thigh (like the totm on here). From what I can find the original flash is by L. Stoney but I can't find a nice big version of it, would it be a faux pas to take along a picture of someone else's tattoo?

Not for me, but my wife booked with Martin Lacasse at Olde City Tattoo in Philadelphia for a geisha 3/4 sleeve at the end of the month. He did her other arm a few years ago and she's been itchin to get this one done for a while.

It's the same weekend I get done by Ron Henry Wells, so that'll be fun.

I'm having my fu-dog finished up on 1/8, figuring on 3-4 hours. Then onto the NYC Tattoo Convention in early March to get some existing work expanded a bit.

Rob

LOL... stopped by the shop tonite to say hi. There was a guy in the chair, looked like the 2nd session on his 1st tattoo. He may have been at the 1-2 hour mark and he was not doing well. Looked like it may have been a pain issue.

Rob

Working on my front piece every other week for the next month and a half (hooray for day off tattoos), then headed to the West Texas Tattoo Convention to get my right hand tattooed by Steve Byrne. Also, depending on budget and peoples' availability, I may try and get a Japanese flavored dagger through my neck, or some kind of small Japanese mask filler in one of those awkward spots you sometimes get around the elbows.