Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Seth mutha truckin' Wood -- booked! In 11 short days we start my right arm. Super stoked.

He's there right now. Just texted me. Seemed pretty stoked. The stencil fit first try even though all of their pre-planning was done via email.

Me: I can’t wait to see the dragon’s face!

DJDF: It's sick. Just like I imagined/wanted.

I am just as excited about him getting a new tattoo as myself. I'm so selfless. :D

I'm looking for a black & grey ocean animal theme on my shoulder/upper arm. An octopus, eel, jellyfish or squid but with some unique patterns, symbols and additional elements. Maybe a dagger, skull, necklace, etc.. Something original and different.

I went to NY Adorned and Saved Tattoo. Both shops said to contact my artist of choice direct via email. Waiting for an email response from Anderson Luna and Yoni Zilber.

While @huggernaut and I were at the Devita show, I booked a slew of appointments with Grez to start my left arm. It won't be for quite a while, so for now I'm trying to not think about it. Hahaha. I do still have a few things between now and then, though.

That's awesome man. How far is Grez booked out? I really want a crawling panther from him on my ribs.

@Dbeatdano, to be honest, I'm not sure. I think some time in the early fall. I booked a little beyond that (starting in Jan 2015) because I was in NY and could pop into the shop. I wanted to talk with him and then get a bunch of dates on the calendar (and save up some money!), so I shot for a little later. Give John at KA a call or shoot them an email. They're really easy to work with.

@scubaron I can't wait to see what you get. Both of them do amazing tattoos, you can't go wrong with either of them.

I have plenty of bare skin so maybe I'll get a tattoo from both. Yoni responded to my email pretty fast. Have a consult mtg with him next Monday. Still haven't heard from Anderson. I was surprised to find out Anderson has only been tattooing since 2007. To my amateur eyes, his work looks amazing. Can't imagine how good his future stuff will be as he gains more tattoo experience.

I have some ideas in my head, but not sure if they will convert to a good tattoo.

I have plenty of bare skin so maybe I'll get a tattoo from both. Yoni responded to my email pretty fast. Have a consult mtg with him next Monday. Still haven't heard from Anderson. I was surprised to find out Anderson has only been tattooing since 2007. To my amateur eyes, his work looks amazing. Can't imagine how good his future stuff will be as he gains more tattoo experience.

I have some ideas in my head, but not sure if they will convert to a good tattoo.

Sometimes the best way to make a decision is by not making one at all!

My right forearm is still open and I want Yoni to tattoo it to finish my arm off. I don't know when that will be because I'll need to figure if I'll be financially able to get a fairly large tattoo while saving for/working on my back or whether it's something that I'll have to do after my back is finished, I'll need to work out travel plans, etc., but his tattoos are so beautiful and powerful and delicate and I want one. I don't know what my opinion counts for here, but he's one of my favourite tattooers.

Between me getting basically a sleeve and a half there and my wife getting her back done there, we've spent a lot of time at Saved and so I've seen a lot of Anderson Luna's tattoos and he's amazing. He doesn't put a lot of his work up on the internet, but he does knock-you-on-your-ass tattoos. The pictures of his tattoos don't really do them justice. He has that combination of beauty and toughness perfectly dialed in. His script is, in my opinion, some of the best out there.

So yeah, you should totally get tattooed by both.

@Dbeatdano, Yeah, I've got a few. But they'll likely change at least a little, especially after talking with him when he does my leg in July. I'm still undecided about if I'm going to the elbow or the forearm. Part of me just wants to leave it at the elbow and leave the elbow down for someone else, and part of me wants to keep going. Another thing that will probably be hammered out come July.

Urgh, was supposed to go in for my next session tomorrow but have come down with the horrid stomach bug that's doing the rounds. The children had it at the weekend and I was dead chuffed to have missed it - no such luck after all. Will probably be OKish tomorrow now (but still infectious, I presume). Have had to cancel and am now grumpy as well as ill. Oh, and the children are bouncing round the house like a pair of nutters. Great.

Oh well, roll on next month.

Wrapping up my right arm with chris odonnell next week then have an appointment with eddy deutsche during his visit at smith street in february. The piece from eddy will be a hand sized fudo head on my lower leg. Still undecided on how much weirdness I want incorporated into the piece...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Wrapping up my right arm with chris odonnell next week then have an appointment with eddy deutsche during his visit at smith street in february. The piece from eddy will be a hand sized fudo head on my lower leg. Still undecided on how much weirdness I want incorporated into the piece...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Maximum motherfucking weirdness dude!

Hey guys, I finally made an appt with Aaron Coleman at Immaculate Tattoo in Mesa, AZ

I am really excited, it's set for March 19. I met him last night and he was really cool and it's a cool place they have

I will be getting, maybe a half sleeve, of a black horse with flames

My next tattoo though, feb 1, will be 2 cardinals, a blue jay with some roses--symbolic of my family and me being an adoptee

The horse, yes. Who are you getting to do the cardinals and blue jay?

The place I got my first 2 tattoos

Old Town Ink in Scottsdale-the artist is Matthew Stella

I really like it there, I'd get tattooed by any of the artists there, already got done by 2 and now 3

Oh happy day - just got the news. I'm getting tattooed by Markus Lenhard from Berlin! Bio-organic insect wing on my chest :cool:

This is what I love the most. When you've made up your mind about placement, design and artist and you send the first mail to ask if he's interested. I tend to really put an effort in how i first approach an artist. I often rewrite my initial mail 3 to 4 times with some days in between. And when the artist lets you know he thinks you've got a cool idea and wants to tattoo you, it's party time :)

Sometimes the best way to make a decision is by not making one at all!

My right forearm is still open and I want Yoni to tattoo it to finish my arm off. I don't know when that will be because I'll need to figure if I'll be financially able to get a fairly large tattoo while saving for/working on my back or whether it's something that I'll have to do after my back is finished, I'll need to work out travel plans, etc., but his tattoos are so beautiful and powerful and delicate and I want one. I don't know what my opinion counts for here, but he's one of my favourite tattooers.

Between me getting basically a sleeve and a half there and my wife getting her back done there, we've spent a lot of time at Saved and so I've seen a lot of Anderson Luna's tattoos and he's amazing. He doesn't put a lot of his work up on the internet, but he does knock-you-on-your-ass tattoos. The pictures of his tattoos don't really do them justice. He has that combination of beauty and toughness perfectly dialed in. His script is, in my opinion, some of the best out there.

So yeah, you should totally get tattooed by both.

Consult with Yoni Zilber yesterday. He will be doing an octopus on my right shoulder.

Anderson Luna never responded. Found another artist, Cheo Park at East Side Ink. He will be doing a whale shark on my left shoulder.

I like Anderson's work and I might persue him again in the future. Just was not in the mood to chase him down for what I am currently looking to have done. Judging from his instagram page, it looks like lady heads are his preference, which is not what I am looking for right now.

I'm finally getting my mom and dad tattoos with Julio Avila this Thursday. Dad will be a traditional anchor and Mom will be a traditional rose, both with old school nursing caps and banners, since they are both nurses. I've wanting to get these tattoos for 2 years now, but only recently had some design ideas I knew I'd love, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Consult with Yoni Zilber yesterday. He will be doing an octopus on my right shoulder.

That sounds pretty bad ass man. I'm not familiar with Yoni Zilber's work so I'm looking forward to seeing a pic when it's done.