Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Aaaaaaaaaand I booked an appointment with Civ for the West Texas Tattoo Convention in a month. Steve Byrne hand and Civ elbow filler on the same arm. Probably going to see about a dagger on my shoulders from someone as well, depending on budget and who has time. Stoked.

Aaaaaaaaaand I booked an appointment with Civ for the West Texas Tattoo Convention in a month. Steve Byrne hand and Civ elbow filler on the same arm. Probably going to see about a dagger on my shoulders from someone as well, depending on budget and who has time. Stoked.

Elbow is going to suck but no matter how much it hurts you'll still have to STAND STILL

(Sorry not sorry)

Aaaaaaaaaand I booked an appointment with Civ for the West Texas Tattoo Convention in a month. Steve Byrne hand and Civ elbow filler on the same arm. Probably going to see about a dagger on my shoulders from someone as well' date=' depending on budget and who has time. Stoked.[/quote']

Fucking rad appointments man! Can't wait to see what you get! Simply rad man!

It's months away but I'll be spending a couple of days with Henrik Grysbjerg Instagram during his visit to Off the Map Northwest in August. I don't have what I'd like set in stone yet but I'd like to start working on my squid pants. I'm super stoked that things are coming together with him.

I contacted Jeff Zuck about a funky Poseidon on my other leg during my visit to Michigan in March. I'm going to start an off the wall greek god theme on that leg. I also thought Prometheus, one hand holding fire and the other petting an eagle on his shoulder would be fun. Jeff opted for Poseidon, probably a wise move. Nothing is set in stone yet so hopefully everything falls into place.

I am also dangerously close to finishing my Dragon 3/4 sleeve with Matt Cowell Instagram which has been slightly less than a year in the making. Only a couple of sessions to go. Matt is such an awesome guy and it's been a blast getting to know him.

My wife booked an appointment with @whitneyfromm - whitneyfromm's Instagram photos | Statigr.am out of Bonney Lake, WA for June. Whitney is super nice and my wife is stoked.

The only person I've contacted that doesn't look like it will be panning out is Adam Hays. He's changed up his scheduling process recently and has been getting quite selective with what new pieces he will be starting. No worries though.

Derek Noble, Jesse Roberts and a bunch of other rad artists just opened their own shop in Seattle Instagram. I'm going to pop my head in there soon just for fun and to see what Jesse's schedule is like. Love his work!Instagram

Wheeeee!

Having only recently become a tattooed individual, I realized that I've started to look at myself and a collection of tattoo-able shapes. And damn if too many of them aren't still empty! I've got my sights set on Spider Murphy's for my next. I haven't made an appointment, yet, but I really want to get in to see Heather Bailey. Her witches and demons and assorted fiends are top notch.

I'm thinking of a variation of the classic 'devil holding naked lady' image. I've been wanting to get a tattoo of a hand as well; I might combine the two. Maybe the hand holding a lit match with smoke coming off the tip and swirling up to encircle the devil and lady above. I dunno yet. I'm sure that the artist herself will have a far more educated opinion.

I'm looking forward to this one a ton. And after that, I'm gonna need to get something by Stewart Cripwell. As seems to be the usual case among all ya'll, this forum is forcing me to need more tattoos. Bah! :p

@Graeme

his (Yoni's) tattoos are so beautiful and powerful and delicate

YES! Wish I had the funds for my back (reserved for Yoni) now, alas I do not!

Upcoming for me: on Horitomo's list for my CA trip in April/May. We'll see if I get in, I really, really, really want a Monmon cat. Don't know where I'll put it if I do get in, maybe on my thigh.

@Graeme

YES! Wish I had the funds for my back (reserved for Yoni) now, alas I do not!

Upcoming for me: on Horitomo's list for my CA trip in April/May. We'll see if I get in, I really, really, really want a Monmon cat. Don't know where I'll put it if I do get in, maybe on my thigh.

I am new to tattoo's and the choice of artists in NYC is overwhelming. Seems like the well known popular artists each have their preferred styles, subjects and turn down work if it doesn't interest them ?

Seeing Yoni's work, it looked like his style fit what I am looking for and I believe he has a well established reputation for quality tattoos. Easy to reach and quick to consult. Booked for April.

I did not find much information about Cheo Park and his background, but his tattoos look great to my amateur eyes. Maybe he is new to NYC, flying under the radar, among the many quality artists in NYC not getting a lot of attention or I am easily impressed since I am new. He was easy to reach and consult. Booked in 2 weeks.

I'll be sure to post my tattoos from both.

Can we expect to see finished pictures of your giant rose/gorilla piece from Chad Koeplinger next month?

For sure! I'm secretly hoping (well not so secretly anymore) that this could be my chance in the tattoo of the month contest. I'm getting psyched to get it done, though it will be odd to see it in colour after living with the outline for these past months.

For sure! I'm secretly hoping (well not so secretly anymore) that this could be my chance in the tattoo of the month contest. I'm getting psyched to get it done, though it will be odd to see it in colour after living with the outline for these past months.

When are you getting it done? If you want to meet afterward for a drink give me a shout because I'm in the neighborhood. That tattoo is tattoo of the month quality for sure.

Is it Sunday yet? I can't wait to get tattooed by Ron Henry Wells at the Philly convention. Another friend is getting done by him Friday, and then I have a friend getting tattooed by Eva Jean on Sunday. Oh, and my wife is getting her left arm (three quarter sleeve) outlined by Martin Lacasse on Friday. This is going to be a great weekend.

A giant rib piece by koeplinger automaticallly gets my vote. I think it could also win right now as a unfinished piece.

If all goes as planned......I will be flying out to Oakland toward the end of March for 3 days to be tattooed by Dave Gibson!

It's a milestone tattoo for me and he is the man I have chosen to do it because of all the advice he has given me over the years I have been getting tattooed....as well as the advice he has been giving me now that I am tattooing and painting!

I could care less what he tattoos on me....it's all about him being the tattooer....not the tattoo!

That's what's up in my world.....

If all goes as planned......I will be flying out to Oakland toward the end of March for 3 days to be tattooed by Dave Gibson!

It's a milestone tattoo for me and he is the man I have chosen to do it because of all the advice he has given me over the years I have been getting tattooed....as well as the advice he has been giving me now that I am tattooing and painting!

I could care less what he tattoos on me....it's all about him being the tattooer....not the tattoo!

That's what's up in my world.....

Where is Dave tattooing now? Last I saw it was somewhere in Dublin or somewhere more central. I've heard some pretty awesome stuff about the guy. Congrats!

Where is Dave tattooing now? Last I saw it was somewhere in Dublin or somewhere more central. I've heard some pretty awesome stuff about the guy. Congrats!

I am not sure where he will be tattooing me...we loosely discussed it but I am willing to go to whatever shop he would like me to...to get it done!

Last I heard he was tattooing at Geo's shop up in Stockton, CA........in fact I think someone on the forum saw him tattooing there and posted up about it!

I've got thursday next week booked to start on my backpiece, to get rid of that white 'spot' between my two sleeves ;-)

But.... I'm having a hard time deciding on what (kuniyoshi) warrior design to go with, I know you can't really go wrong with a Kuniyoshi design, but thats what making it hard to decide, they are all sooo good ;-)

foto-colage-small_zpsdae979a9.jpg

I'm kinda leaning towards one of the top pictures, but maybe I should just go with a big ass full back tiger and be done with it :cool:

I don't knowwwwwwww..

Finishing up some a piece with Theo Mindell at Spider Murphy's tomorrow...I'll post up in the lowdown later.

Just laid my money on the barrel-head at Tattoo City for an all-day El Monga bonanza when he comes to guest in Feb/March. We're going to finish out my shin/lower leg, but haven't finalized the design yet.

Can't wait!

Finishing up some a piece with Theo Mindell at Spider Murphy's tomorrow...I'll post up in the lowdown later.

Just laid my money on the barrel-head at Tattoo City for an all-day El Monga bonanza when he comes to guest in Feb/March. We're going to finish out my shin/lower leg, but haven't finalized the design yet.

Can't wait!

Ridiculously jealous.

I've got thursday next week booked to start on my backpiece, to get rid of that white 'spot' between my two sleeves ;-)

But.... I'm having a hard time deciding on what (kuniyoshi) warrior design to go with, I know you can't really go wrong with a Kuniyoshi design, but thats what making it hard to decide, they are all sooo good ;-)

foto-colage-small_zpsdae979a9.jpg

I'm kinda leaning towards one of the top pictures, but maybe I should just go with a big ass full back tiger and be done with it :cool:

I don't knowwwwwwww..

I think the top right and bottom left would both look awesome as a back piece.