Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Just booked to do a b&g piece from Chris Chisolm at Halo Tattoo in Syracuse, NY on April 6th.

He came recommended by Joe Shit so I checked him out and liked what I saw. I'm getting the statue of Hercules fighting Cerberus at Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria, with whatever he wanted to use for the background.

Done. Getting one of his geometric flowers. No idea where I want to put it, but I'll figure that out when I get there...

I really hope I have some extra dough next time he visits his friends at Tattoo Demon; really like those flowers he does but he's been incorporating those types of designs with more traditional imagery and I really need to get on that train

The first bit of my new sleeve is booked in for the 5th of April. A big baphomet on my inner forearm. I have another tattoo further up my arm that I got about a month after I turned 18 and I've been planning on getting it fixed since about a week after I got it. Really happy to finally be getting started now.

can't wait to see the final product.

I really want this quote that a friend told me. Just havent found the original source of the quote yet.

"As sure as sunshine follows rain, hope and joy comes out of pain. For every rainstorm there is sun"

zbatch, it might be best to cut that quote down to "sunshine follows rain" or even something like a rainy umbrella with the words "hope and joy." Large quotes don't really fit on bodies well. Also, since you're in the Bay Area, you must either go to Freddy Corbin or Katie Sellergren if you choose to go with script. It's one of the Ten Tattoo Commandments.

zbatch, it might be best to cut that quote down to "sunshine follows rain" or even something like a rainy umbrella with the words "hope and joy." Large quotes don't really fit on bodies well. Also, since you're in the Bay Area, you must either go to Freddy Corbin or Katie Sellergren if you choose to go with script. It's one of the Ten Tattoo Commandments.

Thanks for the tip Myles. I still haven't popped my tattoo cherry, so all help is really appreciated. I think I want to go with the full quote. I know its kind of long, but I wouldn't want to cut it down at all. Those ideas were pretty cool though. Hopefully I can find a way to fit it on my arm, along with an elephant, roses and lots of greywash.

I will for sure check out Freddy Corbin / Katie Sellergren. Like I said, I have ZERO tattoo experience, so that helps a lot. Any other good artists in the area, let me know! haha

I have been really slowing down on getting tattooed recently, but I am very stoked to be getting an adaptation of this cute little nautical star/butterfly design by Robert Johnson flash (from the 1950s, found in the always amazing Flash from the Past) so that I may always keep moving in the right direction. Appointment in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the tip Myles. I still haven't popped my tattoo cherry, so all help is really appreciated. I think I want to go with the full quote. I know its kind of long, but I wouldn't want to cut it down at all. Those ideas were pretty cool though. Hopefully I can find a way to fit it on my arm, along with an elephant, roses and lots of greywash.

I will for sure check out Freddy Corbin / Katie Sellergren. Like I said, I have ZERO tattoo experience, so that helps a lot. Any other good artists in the area, let me know! haha

Do not go to any one else but these two!!! I have a few script tattoos I want to get and I'm patiently waiting until Katie might guest in NYC again (I really hope she does!).

I think I want to go with the full quote. I know its kind of long, but I wouldn't want to cut it down at all.

But I think that quote may not be exact (depending on its exact origins).

e.g. a poem at The Poetry has this phrasing (as a small extract):

[...]

You know there is a saying

That sunshine follows rain,

And sure enough you'll realize

That joy will follow pain.

[...]