Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

But I think that quote may not be exact (depending on its exact origins).

e.g. a poem at The Poetry has this phrasing (as a small extract):

Ohh wow, that's interesting, thanks. I wonder if my quote is exact and origniated on its own, or inspired by that. Definitely needs more research before getting it on me. I tried googling different phrases of it but get nothing lol. Yours is the closest I have seen. Hmm. The search continues. Thanks, closest I've gotten so far!

Just scheduled an appointment with Eli Quinters while he's in Oakland. STOKED!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, since you're in the Bay Area, you must either go to Freddy Corbin or Katie Sellergren if you choose to go with script. It's one of the Ten Tattoo Commandments.

Juan Puente does some really good script too.

I like Sonju's script from Tattoo 13 too. I'm sure he learned from the best.

Juan Puente does some really good script too.

You beat me to it. Very true, and I'm happy to have some of it.

@zbatch34, check this out. I'm with Jebb Riley on this one. Script has its place (I have loved ones' names, for example), but I think this graphic solution is so much cooler. Just something to think about.

Looks great so far. Will be nice to see it progress.

Thanks @scubaron and all!

I got my ass kicked last night. Gah. I'm dealing with a tailbone/pelivs problem and was more miserable than ever. I didn't really think about how much all your bones and joints rattle together with that machine vibrating away. O_o I sat for 5 hours but there were a couple non-trivial breaks. But once I peel this drippy goopy saran-wrapped mess off my back, I'll have two beautiful Moorish Idols!

- - - Updated - - -

No effing way you're a grandma. Tattoo looks great! Can't wait to see what's next.

Tx! :-D I'm a relatively young grandma and plan to be kicking butt and rolling with my granddaughters for many years to come. Can't wait until the summer when the oldest (3 y/o) figures out Grandma has Nemo on her back!

Ok, gearing up to leave my house for my session with Kim today! Session 4 or 5 on right arm, I have lost count. I don't know. Maybe the last one... we shall see. I'm sure to post some stuff on Instagram. Hope you're all having a great Saturday.

ETA: and by gearing up I mean sitting on the couch with the computer in my lap thinking, "hm, guess I should get up now and head toward the car..." Feeling LAZY. Maybe I can sleep on the table.

Ok' date=' gearing up to leave my house for my session with Kim today! Session 4 or 5 on right arm, I have lost count. I don't know. Maybe the last one... we shall see. I'm sure to post some stuff on Instagram. Hope you're all having a great Saturday. ETA: and by gearing up I mean sitting on the couch with the computer in my lap thinking, "hm, guess I should get up now and head toward the car..." Feeling LAZY. Maybe I can sleep on the table.[/quote']

Can't wait to see pics! Have a great sitting!

Thanks @scubaron and all!

I got my ass kicked last night. Gah. I'm dealing with a tailbone/pelivs problem and was more miserable than ever. I didn't really think about how much all your bones and joints rattle together with that machine vibrating away. O_o I sat for 5 hours but there were a couple non-trivial breaks. But once I peel this drippy goopy saran-wrapped mess off my back, I'll have two beautiful Moorish Idols!

Your tattoo is coming out great so far. The pain will be worth it.

The outline on my octopus is done. In the itchy, burning, peeling, phase of healing. Second session for the pattern and shading in 3 weeks.

So far I am planning one with my friend of an elephant on my right shoulder blade/back

Was thinking of the name and/or a portrait of my dog back in CT, Zoe

Also, I was thinking of adding to my right arm, maybe playing off the cobra/ankh? not sure

Next one is coming June 5th, Goku on my stomach. One of my oldest tattoo want-to-haves.

Tomorrow I'm going to the local shop to discuss a pirate themed half sleeve... dunno when that will be done, tough.

And in early 2015, my Biomech/Organica sleeve will be done. The guy doing it has an insane waiting list, nearly two years for projects this size.

Wow, 2yrs waiting list is a long time.

A lot can happen in 2 yrs. Do artists with that long a wait list take big deposits ? In addition to the quality of the tattoo, I imagine there is some kind of special originality in the design for people to wait so long.

A lot can happen in 2 yrs. Do artists with that long a wait list take big deposits ? In addition to the quality of the tattoo, I imagine there is some kind of special originality in the design for people to wait so long.

I know this wasn't directed at me but just wanted to share my thoughts on long wait times...

In June 2013 I made appointments for a big project starting in February 2015. Not quite 2 years (maybe ~1.5 years?). I waited all day in line and put down a normal sized deposit. Didn't even get to discuss my idea with the artist and won't be consulting with him about the design until a month or 2 before my first appointment. I know it all seems crazy to wait that long but I know I will get an unbelievably awesome tattoo. And yes a ton can change during the long wait time, finances, life goals, health, or simply design ideas for the tattoo. I want to get tattooed by him and my choices are basically patiently wait or not get tattooed by him at all.

What style is your artist ? Any concerns she/he will not have issues with your design or subject ?

I can see waiting for a particular artist if there is something very unique about their style and designs.

He mostly does Japanese. I havr no concerns because I trust his professional judgement on what will and wont work in a design. I have so much faith in his ability that I would let him outline my entire back without him showing me the design first.

He mostly does Japanese. I havr no concerns because I trust his professional judgement on what will and wont work in a design. I have so much faith in his ability that I would let him outline my entire back without him showing me the design first.

...and this is how you end up with a penis backpiece.

Nah its the normal deposit of 100 CHF which seems to be the standard in Switzerland, regardless of the size of the project. The guy I'm going to has a lot of fans so to speak, and almost exclusively does large pieces. I have my reasons to go to him and wait until early 2015. I fully trust him and I know what he is capable of. He will draw and design a biomech/organica 3/4 sleeve for me. Sort of like a mixture of works from Guy Aitchison and Markus Lenhard. Completely his own style, which I adore, as he perfectly understands to capture beauty in the morbid. Also its gonna be awesome because I leave him complete freedom, and you know how things turn out if a tattoo artist can let his creativity run free.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk