Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

It's not exactly upcoming in the near future, but I just finalized a date with Briana Sargent at Buju Tattoo for some work next year (not her doing, I had to find a time I could get out to San Diego). Now I just have to sit tight for another 12 months! My work with Amy Black starts in a month, and I am also really excited about that. I put this stuff off wayyyyyyyy too long, so I need to make up for lost time!

Wandered around my new neighborhood today, saw a tattoo shop, went in and got quite a surprise, walls are covered (must be 50+ sheets) in 1960's Eddie Peace flash. Chatted to his grandson Daniel for a while, he said there are tons more, we are gonna pour through them for some gap fillers once I get some time free, he also had some Polito acetates and some 80's flash (incl. some wizards!!!) from his parents. Was pretty psyched to find it so unexpectedly.

Wandered around my new neighborhood today, saw a tattoo shop, went in and got quite a surprise, walls are covered (must be 50+ sheets) in 1960's Eddie Peace flash. Chatted to his grandson Daniel for a while, he said there are tons more, we are gonna pour through them for some gap fillers once I get some time free, he also had some Polito acetates and some 80's flash (incl. some wizards!!!) from his parents. Was pretty psyched to find it so unexpectedly.

Same thing happened to me today. Was wandering around SF and found Iggy Vans's new shop. Talked with him for a while then got tacos on his recommendation to some Yucatan taqueria. Might go back to get tattooed.

Awesome! I feel like that fits well with your shark (right?) tattoo. Good stuff.

Thanks.

Yeah, so far, all my tattoos are scuba related. Octopus, shark, manta ray. All animals I have interacted with in the wild while scuba diving. I also got a scuba skull. Haven't seen a skull while diving, just thought the tattoo would look cool and still have meaning to me.

Thanks.

Yeah, so far, all my tattoos are scuba related. Octopus, shark, manta ray. All animals I have interacted with in the wild while scuba diving. I also got a scuba skull. Haven't seen a skull while diving, just thought it would look cool and still have meaning to me.

Skulls while diving is not cool. I've seen partial skulls on Japanese wrecks sunk during WWII, along with various other bones. It's very sobering. Your skull is way more cool.

When we were designing my sea scene back piece, I wanted to give a nod to all the wreck diving I have done, and actually thought, "Hey, I've seen skulls diving and lots of tattoos have skulls! I should include one!" Then the thought just got really fucked up in my head when I tried to picture a bone with bits of soft coral growing on it laying under all the critters. Nope.

Ok, sorry to buzz kill this thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program ...

So, I'm gearing up for another session next Friday and trying to get my head in the game. Psychologically, this every 2-3 week sit-as-long-as-you-can business is wearing on me. I'm healing a couple jellyfish now, and I'm not sure at ALL what we'll be working on! Possibly start filling in the water. He showed me a huge needle he's going to use that has like a thousand points on it for shading @_@ ::newbie eyes spinning:: Double the size, double the "pleasure"?

Ok, sorry to buzz kill this thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program ...

So, I'm gearing up for another session next Friday and trying to get my head in the game. Psychologically, this every 2-3 week sit-as-long-as-you-can business is wearing on me. I'm healing a couple jellyfish now, and I'm not sure at ALL what we'll be working on! Possibly start filling in the water. He showed me a huge needle he's going to use that has like a thousand points on it for shading @_@ ::newbie eyes spinning:: Double the size, double the "pleasure"?

I admire your commitment. I've had 3 sessions this month, but they were on totally different parts of my body. Still not easy to deal with. Someplace is always hurting, burning or itching. Coming up in May, one more session on my octopus and one new medium sized 2 session tattoo on my thigh. After that, nothing for a while. My body and wallet need a break.

Are you at the midway point in your backpiece ? Pics you posted last month looked to be making good progress.

I admire your commitment. I've had 3 sessions this month, but they were on totally different parts of my body. Still not easy to deal with. Someplace is always hurting, burning or itching.

THIS!

Coming up in May, one more session on my octopus and one new medium sized 2 session tattoo on my thigh. After that, nothing for a while. My body and wallet need a break.

I'm loving your in-progress pics, and the balance between the octopus on one arm and the whale shark on the other. I love that, actually.

Are you at the midway point in your backpiece ? Pics you posted last month looked to be making good progress.

I don't know! LOL. I'm coming up on half coverage, but most of the really detailed stuff is done. I think. He says it will go more quickly as he fills in blue, but more than half of the coral is still only outline. There's still a crab missing near my butt. (No editorials on that one, my friends.) And he tells me there will be a session(s?) to pack in more color, and then he has to do all the shadows and highlights. So, I don't even ask. But I'm guessing it's probably half way. Please.

Going to drop by the shop next Monday to consult and set an appointment. I am stoked. This is my "end of spring semester" tattoo. That's a good reason I figure. Good thing I am already enrolled for summer and fall courses.:cool:

Which shop? Who with?

So you decided to ignore all the recommendations we gave you in the other thread?

Lol noooo! This isn't for the Japanese style piece I was asking about. This is for a ladyhead. I have work by him and think this kind of piece would be right in his wheelhouse.

The Japanese half sleeve is a reward for finishing school at the end of next year, and I am going to adhere to the recommendations you guys made.

Lol noooo! This isn't for the Japanese style piece I was asking about. This is for a ladyhead. I have work by him and think this kind of piece would be right in his wheelhouse.

The Japanese half sleeve is a reward for finishing school at the end of next year, and I am going to adhere to the recommendations you guys made.

Ok good. We all expect you to get an awesome Japanese half sleeve and share pictures with us!