Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

My next appointment is with Emily Rose again on the 12th May for a horse head on my outer thigh and I've just come down with a terrible cold and high temperature which I'm hoping I can kick well before then. Her waiting list is horrendous and I'd hate to have to re-schedule as I've been waiting for 6 months already. Fingers crossed.

My next appointment is with Emily Rose again on the 12th May for a horse head on my outer thigh and I've just come down with a terrible cold and high temperature which I'm hoping I can kick well before then. Her waiting list is horrendous and I'd hate to have to re-schedule as I've been waiting for 6 months already. Fingers crossed.

Drink lots of water, drink ginger tea, and have some sort of soup! I like tom kha gai, a simple Thai coconut chicken soup, but there is good old chicken soup or veggie broth, whatever your healing potion* is.

(*I originally said 'poison' but figured that was very wrong for this particular post)

If you can grab some sambucol or other elderberry syrup from the store it will help move things along more quickly. Zinc and vitamin C can be helpful as well.

Good luck! Baby yourself and you will be well enough for the tattoo.

Session 6 on my back piece tonight. Brownies for the shop are in the oven now. Yum!

I had a massage last night to try and loosen up some of the tense knots in my neck and upper back and reduce headaches from tension all down my spine. I'm still pretty knotted up. I wonder if tattooing over those knots last time in the shoulder blade area is what made it harder to bear. Anyone notice if tattooing over knotted muscle is worse or if pre-session massages are worthwhile?

We needed a new thread to get back to talking about what matters. I would say this is pretty dang close to "Latest Tattoo Lowdown" so mods, feel free to adjust accordingly. Bubble-berries need not apply.

What is your next planned tattoo? When? And what?

I'll go first (even though most of you all know):

Working on my Fenris-Wolf by Chris O'Donnell. Next appointment is at the end of September.

Thinking about starting my left arm next week with an ocean theme. I have 'our universe', which is how my kids refer my spaced theme (which is indeed - our universe) right arm. So, fittingly, I was thinking an ocean them - seeings how I would go from the top of the world to the bottom of the ocean for my family.

- - - Updated - - -

My birthday is Monday. What do you think I've been asking for? Tattoo Fund, baby! ;)

My birthday is Monday also. I told my husband I want to start on my arm and he can fund it - as a birthday gift ya know. Lol. Cheers.

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some feed back. I would like to create a tattoo related Directory. Shops, parlors, styles, locations. etc.

Is there a need for a top quality Tattoo Directory? I see other directory websites out there, however, they are incomplete or abandoned.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Just need to know if I should pursue this project or not.

Thanks guys.

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some feed back. I would like to create a tattoo related Directory. Shops, parlors, styles, locations. etc.

Is there a need for a top quality Tattoo Directory? I see other directory websites out there, however, they are incomplete or abandoned.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Just need to know if I should pursue this project or not.

Thanks guys.

This isn't the thread to pose that question: it's for people to post about their upcoming tattoos.

You could start your own thread on it if you haven't already.

So I went into the shop to make an appointment for my morel tattoo and the guy I wanted to do it wasn't there. I got to talking to the other artist in the shop, I did not know he had someone else there, and we got to talking about it and he was really excited about the idea. His neighbor had just given him a small batches of morels the night before and he had fried them up and apparently were just talking about them before I came in.

So after talking with this guy for a while about what I was wanting to do (2 morels stylized to american traditional, some grass and sky or something for a background, and some sort of border) I just made an appointment with him because he was so into it. Just as I was walking out the guy he had been working on was walking back in from a smoke break. He was getting some sort of motorcycle thing on the inside of his bicep. It was still being outlined but as I was walking away and back to the car I started thinning that what I just saw wasn't very good.

I went to get some lunch and as I was sitting there I realized I hadn't even looked at this guy's book. He was just so excited by the idea and I was glad to see that that I just went with it. So now I'm freaking out a little bit but he did give me his card with his IG on ti so I started looking at it on my phone and was relieved to see some good work.

Now I'm and old drunk who, while now sober, is still really good at lying to himself and making himself feel that he has done something great when he has really just fucked some shit up. I have a lot of respect for y'all on here so I was hoping you might look at this guy's IG and tell me if I really am seeing some decent work or if I'm just lying to myself to make myself feel better about fucking up.

His IG is jeremegalloway and I have an appointment with him to do this on the 16th. I am pretty excited for the appointment so I hope it all goes well. I've seen some really good and some really bad (more bad than good) morel tattoos so while I'm excited I also don't want something that looks like a giant pecker on my leg. ;-D

Thanks,

So I went into the shop to make an appointment for my morel tattoo and the guy I wanted to do it wasn't there. I got to talking to the other artist in the shop, I did not know he had someone else there, and we got to talking about it and he was really excited about the idea. His neighbor had just given him a small batches of morels the night before and he had fried them up and apparently were just talking about them before I came in.

So after talking with this guy for a while about what I was wanting to do (2 morels stylized to american traditional, some grass and sky or something for a background, and some sort of border) I just made an appointment with him because he was so into it. Just as I was walking out the guy he had been working on was walking back in from a smoke break. He was getting some sort of motorcycle thing on the inside of his bicep. It was still being outlined but as I was walking away and back to the car I started thinning that what I just saw wasn't very good.

I went to get some lunch and as I was sitting there I realized I hadn't even looked at this guy's book. He was just so excited by the idea and I was glad to see that that I just went with it. So now I'm freaking out a little bit but he did give me his card with his IG on ti so I started looking at it on my phone and was relieved to see some good work.

Now I'm and old drunk who, while now sober, is still really good at lying to himself and making himself feel that he has done something great when he has really just fucked some shit up. I have a lot of respect for y'all on here so I was hoping you might look at this guy's IG and tell me if I really am seeing some decent work or if I'm just lying to myself to make myself feel better about fucking up.

His IG is jeremegalloway and I have an appointment with him to do this on the 16th. I am pretty excited for the appointment so I hope it all goes well. I've seen some really good and some really bad (more bad than good) morel tattoos so while I'm excited I also don't want something that looks like a giant pecker on my leg. ;-D

Thanks,

I think his work looks really solid man! I think you made the right call, you were excited by this guys enthusiasm and you went with it- judging by his IG your gonna come out of it with a great tattoo.

Congrats on getting sober, I know from family experience its a hell of a thing...and good luck with the tattoo! Make sure you put some pictures up when its done.

All the best

Hey guys, I'm going to be in London June/July. Other than FST, can anyone recommend any other tattoo shops I should check out? Preferably traditional styles. Also, they don't necessarily have to be in London, surrounding areas work too. Thanks!!

I would check out Into You (one of the oldest and best respected shops in the city) The Family Business (Very good shop with a huge choice of artists to suit all tastes) then just outside of London there is New Skool Tattoo (worth going to just to see Ian flowers portfolio, some of the very best Japanese inspired work in the country)

Summertime in London is amazing...have a great trip!