Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Trying to get a rose from Noah J. Moore but haven't gotten a response for about a day, wondering how much longer I should wait before sending another email.

Not sure where you are getting tattooed, but you might want to call the shop, either Old Souls or wherever he's tattooing. Give it a few more days. I just got a text back from a tattooer today after texting him late last week. Also heard of tattooers emailing back a year later. Most will get back to you within a week or two, though. On the other hand, calling the shop is easy.

Not sure where you are getting tattooed, but you might want to call the shop, either Old Souls or wherever he's tattooing. Give it a few more days. I just got a text back from a tattooer today after texting him late last week. Also heard of tattooers emailing back a year later. Most will get back to you within a week or two, though. On the other hand, calling the shop is easy.
I could try that. He's going to the opening of the Torchbearer so that's when I was planning to get it done.

Trying to get a rose from Noah J. Moore but haven't gotten a response for about a day, wondering how much longer I should wait before sending another email.

I had to cancel with him! He'll get back to you; he's super nice. Hope you can grab a spot!

I had to cancel with him! He'll get back to you; he's super nice. Hope you can grab a spot!
Aw, that sucks. The reason I'm worried is because he was answering before, until I said hadn't decided what kind of flower I want. Later I emailed him telling him I decided on a rose and no response. Probably just a coincidence though.

So I heard back from Moore. I told him what kind of rose I want and showed him examples of his own work to explain what I mean. Like, I told him I'm interested in a flatter style with long leaves. Do you think I'm being too picky? I know they work better with some artistic freedom, but taking direction is part of the job, and I don't know how much is too much. On my first tattoo I didn't tell him to change anything, although now I kind of wish the other back leg was visible, but it's not a big deal.

So I heard back from Moore. I told him what kind of rose I want and showed him examples of his own work to explain what I mean. Like, I told him I'm interested in a flatter style with long leaves. Do you think I'm being too picky? I know they work better with some artistic freedom, but taking direction is part of the job, and I don't know how much is too much. On my first tattoo I didn't tell him to change anything, although now I kind of wish the other back leg was visible, but it's not a big deal.

Noah has a variety of different things he does with his roses, so I think a little direction like you suggested is not too much control. As for your kitsune, it would have probably made very little sense to have the other hind leg visible with the way the fox is moving. It looks great!

Yeah! He's been talking about this tattoo for years, and finally decided to do it! I'm so happy for him. I'm a little bummed that I have to wait another year for my Horitomo monmon cat, but it will be good for me to wait ;)

I wound up taking a four month break, when life and a career change and airlines (mostly airlines) got in the way, but I am fiiiiiiiiiinally back in with Grez this Saturday!!! I think my back will be done, or within spitting distance of it anyway. I was getting pretty burned out towards the end of winter, but this break has been long enough that I've forgotten tattoos hurt and I'm excited again.

I wound up taking a four month break, when life and a career change and airlines (mostly airlines) got in the way, but I am fiiiiiiiiiinally back in with Grez this Saturday!!! I think my back will be done, or within spitting distance of it anyway. I was getting pretty burned out towards the end of winter, but this break has been long enough that I've forgotten tattoos hurt and I'm excited again.

I can't wait to see this finished.

Just booked with R.H. Wells at the Montreal convention in September.

^^Literally inspired by this post, I just booked with him for Montreal too!

Super stoked, because that means I'm definitely going to get myself to the convention. Without an appointment I would have probably let something else take priority. My first convention!! Ron Henry Wells!! So much excite!!!

^^Literally inspired by this post, I just booked with him for Montreal too!

Super stoked, because that means I'm definitely going to get myself to the convention. Without an appointment I would have probably let something else take priority. My first convention!! Ron Henry Wells!! So much excite!!!

Good stuff! The convention is great, plus there will be an LST meet-up as well! When is your appointment?