Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

I think I've finally started to develop an idea for an (almost) full back piece.

I've wanted to continue on my back for a while, but didn't wanna rush into it without having any solid ideas in mind. Right now I'm thinking of a tree predominantly on my left side (I have a tat on my right) with a locket nestled into the roots and the bottom. On the right side on my shoulder would be a bird of sorts carrying the key on a ribbon. It combines a couple ideas I've wanted for a long time, I have yet to hammer out any details! Hoping to start on it at the end of this summer when I have a little more cash handy.

Nice - mine is on Saturday. Hopefully I'll be able to come down on Friday, but my teaching schedule for the fall won't be available for several more weeks. Are you going to stay for Saturday? (and Sunday?) @Shaun1105

The most important thing is that everybody is there for POUTINE DAY. Which I guess will depend on when most people are available, so maybe Saturday?

For the first time in a year I don't have any appointments booked and I feel a bit lost. I'm waiting for Clare Hampshire and Emily Rose to re-open their books in a couple of months time. I envy you people that are able to book appointments a month or so out.

I've spoken to Kat Abdy at Cherry Bomb in Perth over email regarding booking with her when she comes to Melbourne at the end of the year for a convention, however until she books her flights and knows where she will be guesting nothing is set in stone.

Has anyone had a 5+ hour sit at a convention? How did you get on with so many people coming past and watching? Did you feel overwhelmed at all?

Has anyone had a 5+ hour sit at a convention? How did you get on with so many people coming past and watching? Did you feel overwhelmed at all?

I had close to that at the Rochester convention with Thomas Hooper and it was okay, but Rochester is a pretty small convention and while there were people standing there and watching it wasn't crazy like it would probably be at a larger convention. I'm also a hairy ugly dude so people tend not to linger to look at me. I have noticed that at conventions the cameras really come out when it's a young, attractive woman getting tattooed on a place that would normally be covered by clothes.

My first tattoo was 5 hours at a busy convention. I'm normally not comfortable with being scrutinized by a bunch of strangers, but I was in so much pain there wasn't any room for anxiety in my brain. I also thought of it more as people watching a tattoo being created, not watching me.

Tomorrow I'm going to get my second tattoo, I'm going to the Torchbearer to get a rose by Noah Moore.

My first tattoo was 5 hours at a busy convention. I'm normally not comfortable with being scrutinized by a bunch of strangers, but I was in so much pain there wasn't any room for anxiety in my brain. I also thought of it more as people watching a tattoo being created, not watching me.

Tomorrow I'm going to get my second tattoo, I'm going to the Torchbearer to get a rose by Noah Moore.

I knew there was someone who had recently had a convention session and was struggling to remember who it was.

Thanks for your insight and experience, I really like the way you thought of people watching the tattoo process and not you. Never thought to look at it that way. :)

Thanks for your insight and experience, I really like the way you thought of people watching the tattoo process and not you. Never thought to look at it that way. :)

While I've never been to a convention, I did see some live tattooing with lots of people watching at the Perseverance show. For sure the attention was on what the tattooer was doing and the piece of art coming together, rather than gawking at the person getting the tattoo. And those dudes were lying there practically naked, fundyoshis only! The only time my attention was brought to one of the guys getting tattooed was when my daughter was right up front just mesmerized, staring at the whole thing--and the guy getting tattooed winked at her and smiled. She jumped back and said, "Mommy, he blinked at me! What does that mean?" Hahaha! It was pretty funny. I found out later through the info on the other thread that it was Yebis, another tattooer with work in the exhibit, while he was getting tattooed by Miyazo.

Little work to tidy up around the neck line next week, just some black fill, clouds & lightning bolts then on to finishing the hammer head shark taking up one side of the butt cheek. Outline is in, time to smash the colour. Not looking forward to that recovery, plus it's getting cold here. Man, I hate being tattooed in the winter.