Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Session 6 on my back piece tonight. Brownies for the shop are in the oven now. Yum!

I had a massage last night to try and loosen up some of the tense knots in my neck and upper back and reduce headaches from tension all down my spine. I'm still pretty knotted up. I wonder if tattooing over those knots last time in the shoulder blade area is what made it harder to bear. Anyone notice if tattooing over knotted muscle is worse or if pre-session massages are worthwhile?

Heading into session 7 on Friday, and I had another pre-sitting massage yesterday. My guy was booked so I went to a new guy. During our pre-massage chat, I told him I was in the middle of a tattoo, and to avoid a specific area on my back because it had just been tattooed a couple weeks ago. So he's fine with it, says he doesn't know how massage affects healing, and will be gentle. He asks me to start face down.

After I'm settled on that nice comfy heated table, he comes in, turns down the sheet gasps and says, "Wow, I thought you said it was just a tattoo. I didn't think it would be this big!" It was funny to hear - younger kid. But then he had to tell me about his tattoo (ambigram down his side, done with his best friend, etc.) and asks me all sorts of questions while I'm trying to relax into the massage. Looks like this is a great reason to stick with one masseuse.

And of course, since it's a sea theme, he had to tell me he "found Nemo." Yeah, that one's gonna get old pretty quickly.

Dude you have been getting the best tattoos lately! Jealous.

Thanks.

I'm very lucky there are so many great tattooers in my area. I follow several local artists and tattoo shops on Instagram. Almost everyday I see something awesome that makes me want to schedule new work with another artist.

Also a big thanks to this board and it's members for sharing knowledge and suggestions on designs, artists, styles, etc..

Also... LST meetup? There is plenty of Jersey people on here now and NYC, of course.

Going waaaaay back here, but I'm going to have to pass on an LST meetup this time around. I can't really take any time off work at the moment so we're driving the eight or so hours to NJ tomorrow after I finish work, get tattooed Saturday at who knows what time because walk-ins, then head back earlyish on Sunday so I can be back at work early Monday morning. Should be fun.

We're hoping to make a NYC area trip later this year, maybe October, and we should for sure do a meetup then. It would be great to meet you folks.

Going to Toronto in July thinking of booking in with franz stefanik

, unless anyone can point me in the direction of other shops?

Great choice. The Okey Doke is an amazing shop. I was thinking of going for a walk-in with Franz today. I dont think I can afford it though. Consider Pearl Harbor in Kensington Market. I am a regular there and can't say enough good things about the place. New Tribe on Queen West is good and so is Passage on Church street. Let me know if you need directions or anything.

Great choice. The Okey Doke is an amazing shop. I was thinking of going for a walk-in with Franz today. I dont think I can afford it though. Consider Pearl Harbor in Kensington Market. I am a regular there and can't say enough good things about the place. New Tribe on Queen West is good and so is Passage on Church street. Let me know if you need directions or anything.

Thanks guys really appreciate the help, booking in with Chad and Steve for November this week aswell, Chad is doing a Robert Ryan design down my side and my other knee aswell, and were planning on getting his n hers Christian Warlich designs or something aswell, although I'm trying to convince my girlfriend she should hit both her knees early and get them out the way