Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Hahaha, yeah. Cabs and I were texting yesterday and that was what he said to me. He is totes going to even though he "says" he's saving money.

Don't think I can snag a Rodin walk-in before his hiatus. Fridays are always busy for me. If I get tattooed at Blackheart again, I need Rassier to finish my other knee ditch, or some really slick lettering from Juan Puente.

I've had the itch real bad lately...my last appointment was in April and next week is one of the busiest/most stressful weeks of the year for me at work. But the light at the end of the tunnel is the week after that:

Back to Back appointments at Spider Murphy's for me (1 Part El Monga + 1 Part Theo Mindell)

+

My friend from NY is staying with us for the week

+

He and my wife also have appts on the second day at SM's (Monga and Paul Dobleman)

TATTOOPARTY!!!!!!111!!

My next tattoo is going to be 2 koi fish "swimming upstream" on my left wrist, and a very simple, yet bold lotus flower on my right. I'm going 7/24/2014 to talk to my artist (Jeremy lee, the tattoo project) and probably get it soon after that with my boyfriend. He will be getting a "deathed out" New England patriot tattoo, or something of the sort. Very excited!

I just booked my first appointment of 2014 (which is hard to believe): I'm getting an uchide no kozuchi (as referenced here) from Horisuzu at Dark Horse in LA on August 2nd. I'm also going to the Perseverance exhibition that day. I can't wait!

We doing an L.A.-style LST meetup @Lance @TrixieFaux or what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@9Years Monga's tattoos are the coolest. What are you planning on getting from him?

Yes they are! I've been fortunate enough to be tattooed by him 3 times now: once at Aloha, once at Tattoo City SF and once at Spider Murphy's.

This session we're just doing a little touch up work on a shin piece he did in March (you can see photos in the Squidpants thread). I've also got a little gap at the bottom of the calf that I might get him to put a little somethin-somethin...we'll see how much time we have.

So, somehow it's been 14 months since I last got tattooed(!) - I went back to uni and life has just kind of got in the way. Finally getting back in the swing of things, hopefully. I've got a consultation with Xam booked for next month so just deciding between a ship on my arm or a girl/reaper combo somewhere on my leg. Leaning towards the latter just now.

I don't know if this counts as upcoming, but I started my second (and last haha) sleeve last month. It has Raijin (japanese god of thunder) riding a dragon on my forearm, Fujin (japanese god of wind) on my bicep, A demon head chest panel and some clouds with skulls in them. My artist is tying it into my back piece which is an Oni head and was just finished last month. The plan was to try to finish the back piece first, but there was a scheduling issues. I'll post pics after my next appt.

Sooo I would appreciate a little advice on my next tattoo. I plan on getting my right shoulder/back inked and the following I what I have planned for the design. Is it too busy?

In the center is an hourglass, cracked at the top. A woman in the hourglass stands on bones on the bottom half and has her hands up in the top half releasing butterflies that are flying from the crack. (I will attach the image from which I got my inspiration, it's kinda hard to visualize). Anyhow, to the left of this will be a sparrow flying away that's holding a ribbon with three keys on it, one for each of my younger siblings. To the right is a compass with a chain that gently winds around the hourglass. I might throw in some more filler to bring it all together, but that's what I have so far. Too much? There are several meanings in this piece for me, I just don't want to bore you guys with the details. :p

So, what do ya think?!?!

http://www.dirtyimpound.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Robyn_Hourglass.jpg

^^^^ link for image! couldn't get it too upload right on my iPad, so I will just post the link

Go to the tattooer you plan on getting tattooed by and bring that reference with you. Maybe make a consultation.

IMHO it's too busy. That's just me, it doesn't mean you are wrong or anything. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has 'em.

I'm planning on meeting with my artist here in a couple weeks, after I finish my summer classes (kinda a reward for finishing them). Thanks for the honesty! I love all my reference material, but at the end of the day I don't want my tattoo to look like a mess of random things. I may save some components for a separate tattoo(s).

Went in for a consultation today with WT Norbert at Hunter and Fox in Sydney, what a nice guy he seems to be. Seems he has plenty of time available because he is going to be putting a tiger head on my Kneecap this coming wednesday.

So stoked, not as traditional as my last coupe of tattoos but his work stands alone in my opinion

This is going to hurt ha ha.

Hunter and Fox Tattoo - W.T. Norbert

Just got this piece done on my elbow with a bit of detail on the front , started thinking about turning it into a sleeve, with more tribal on my lower arm, just black, I really like the idea of roses coming out the top of it, again black but with a tiny bit of darkish red to fill out my upper arm ? Any recommendations ?

Just got this piece done on my elbow with a bit of detail on the front , started thinking about turning it into a sleeve, with more tribal on my lower arm, just black, I really like the idea of roses coming out the top of it, again black but with a tiny bit of darkish red to fill out my upper arm ? Any recommendations ?

Get consults from other artists.

As a newbie in the world of tattoo, I have a question.

When booking an appointment 3 months or longer in advance for an all day session, with reference sent via email as well with deposit.

is it common to get the consult the day of the appointment?

OR do artists usually consult before the appointment date to iron out details of the tattoo?

How many hours is considered an all day session? from what I gather it's about 4-8 hours depending on artist?