Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Pretty excited.

Timothy Boor is going to guest spot at a shop near me.

Was able to book him for a session. Going to have him start a half-sleeve on my right arm. I'm into black & gray - realism. Gave him some ideas, but also threw out the option to do something that he has been wanting to do. Could turn out pretty cool.

Instagram

Pretty excited.

Timothy Boor is going to guest spot at a shop near me.

Was able to book him for a session. Going to have him start a half-sleeve on my right arm. I'm into black & gray - realism. Gave him some ideas, but also through out the option to do something that he has been wanting to do. Could turn out pretty cool.

Instagram

That dude is badass. I've been to his instagram page a few times.

Kudos man, wanna see what he comes up with.

I have another session this Friday, and I'm really hoping it's not going to be the struggle that I think it is. I'm not quite 100% after being so sick last week and am still feeling a bit fatigued.

I think I'll do a good foam roller session tonight to help ease my aches.

'Bout to start driving to Portland on four hours of sleep. It's a four hour drive. Two tattoos when I get there at noon, both on the inside of my arm, until whatever time Greg punches out tonight. Gonna be a long day! If it is possible to simultaneously be looking forward to a thing and also be the opposite of what looking forward to a thing is, that is me, today. Ha.

Gonna let him put a panther head on me, too. I think this marks the beginning of the end of the beginning.

If it is possible to simultaneously be looking forward to a thing and also be the opposite of what looking forward to a thing is, that is me, today. Ha.

I think the word you're looking for is "dreading."

that is me almost every time and especially at the thought of eventually getting work on the chest, ribs, back of the knee, and finishing up my back. of course, when the machine stops buzzing and you get the cool wipe down*, the final product is always more than worth the pain and sacrifice!

*some people hate the wipe down, but I'm in the group that loves it.

can't wait for pics!!

@SStu it's essentially a self-administered deep tissue massage using a cylindrical piece of firm foam. The foam roller is placed on the floor and you place yourself on it in a variety of positions to target certain muscles and roll back and forth. Hurts like hell at first but over time it hurts less as the deep knots get worked out.

Those roller sessions are super good for me when i would do them prior to a workout.

Agree they can help out A LOT but suck at first.

I've never even thought about doing them pre gym session. Might give that a go as I get so tight and achy through my hips and quads.

I think I almost cried when I first did my IT band, but I really love it now. Feels so good afterwards.

Sorry for thread derail!

I've never even thought about doing them pre gym session. Might give that a go as I get so tight and achy through my hips and quads.

I think I almost cried when I first did my IT band, but I really love it now. Feels so good afterwards.

Sorry for thread derail!

@Breakme

That's the way you will increase your workout sessions (weight or reps) and minimize workout injuries.

Check out the following link, he explains how to use the roller as a pre-workout effectively and how it helps you with your workouts. Bodybuilding.com - Kris Gethin's DTP: 4 Weeks To Maximum Muscle

This routine helped me get out of my plateau. Obviously i can't do 100% of what is in this plan, but I did at least 75% of what is in the program.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
misspelling

12/10 with Matt @ Rabbit's Den in Milltown NJ

and 1/23 with Jamie @ Immortal Ink in Clinton, NJ

any advice explaining my 'tattoo journey' to the wife (who has no ink)

she's like...'more? really?'

uh yes really dear :)

I don't know, but if you find out let me know. My next appointments aren't until mid feb and early march next year and my fiancé called me obsessed when he found out.