Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

• 2 weeks later...

It was my birthday recently and my husband's present was a "certificate" (he made it himself, it was adorable) for a new tattoo. Decided to not procrastinate like I seem to do with most certificates, so called yesterday and booked a spot for 8/28 with the artist who did my first tattoo. In an elevator today I was complemented on my stunning tattoo, so clearly I made the right choice to go back for more :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm debating asking telling my fiance to buy my next tattoo as my birthday or Christmas present, but I'm also not sure if I want to start on my right arm until after the (over a year away) wedding. If I don't get it now, it'll be my first Christmas gift as a married woman. I want a snake basically draped over my right shoulder and winding down my arm. 

Gonna book an appointment with Chris Trevino next week. Not sure of the exact date as I have to book it still but we briefly spoke on the phone about it and I couldn't be more excited. This will be my first time traveling out of state for a tattoo and I think I'll make a nice trip out of it. Just gotta wait until pay day and I'm gonna put the deposit down. 

On 8/31/2017 at 5:21 AM, Gingerninja said:

Very cool @jnin. I love his work. And traveling for tattoos is so much fun!!

Yeah I'm really excited. I have a lot of cool tattoos either already in the works or coming up soon so it's great. I'm looking forward to the traveling as well. Texas should be very interesting. Your collection seems like it has a wide array of locations from a myriad of people. I still can't get over that piece from Theo you got. 

• 2 weeks later...

Where did the latest tattoo lowdown thread go?

Anyway, this past weekend was Ocktoberfest at Old Soul in Canonsburg, PA. It's a cool event where the shop invites a whole bunch of artists (like 60'ish) for the weekend. Some by appointment, some by walk-in. The trick is that everyone is queued up for a table/space to work since the shop has maybe 12 stations. The Old Souls guys have it running like clockwork...superiorly organized. You still have to wait but with the festival outside in the street and karaoke going on inside, the time flies by in no time.

Nate Hudak made this for me on Saturday. He has a super light hand and is fast. Back of the left thigh.

Nate Hudak.JPG

Going to have a 20 year tattoo covered and reworked into a new dragon this weekend. I am stoked!

Since it's going to take several hours I got my artist several Monster drinks, a new Yeti cup and a Cuban cigar that just came in this week. 

I am 56 and enjoying getting new ink. Getting my first tattoo reworked is something I have thought about for years.

A long time ago, a small group of new, young, and energetic FedEx managers took a ride to the Jade Dragon tattoo parlor in Chicago. Most of us walked out with new ink. 

20 years later my first dragon is a little tired and faded. Old man is slowing down a whisker too....

Found a very talented young man, named Taylor at Evol Ink in Birmingham, AL. Very impressed by his work and attention to detail. Shop is first class. Great staff!

Will be posting before and after pics this weekend.

Ok I sat in the chair for a little over 5 hours today. Off to a great start. Will go back in about three weeks for color. My artist was excited when I presented him the Cuban cigar. The afternoon passed quickly with lots of great conversation. Little did my artist know the old guy had attended Tool concerts...

Before

20 year old Dragon showing a little age.   IMG_0044_zpsop3pksjt.jpg

Work in progress

IMG_2069_zpsrjjkgl8j.jpg

IMG_2071_zps30tbklag.jpg

IMG_2067_zpsbou58vyt.jpg

Life is good