It was my birthday recently and my husband's present was a "certificate" (he made it himself, it was adorable) for a new tattoo. Decided to not procrastinate like I seem to do with most certificates, so called yesterday and booked a spot for 8/28 with the artist who did my first tattoo. In an elevator today I was complemented on my stunning tattoo, so clearly I made the right choice to go back for more :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm debating asking telling my fiance to buy my next tattoo as my birthday or Christmas present, but I'm also not sure if I want to start on my right arm until after the (over a year away) wedding. If I don't get it now, it'll be my first Christmas gift as a married woman. I want a snake basically draped over my right shoulder and winding down my arm. 

Gonna book an appointment with Chris Trevino next week. Not sure of the exact date as I have to book it still but we briefly spoke on the phone about it and I couldn't be more excited. This will be my first time traveling out of state for a tattoo and I think I'll make a nice trip out of it. Just gotta wait until pay day and I'm gonna put the deposit down. 

On 8/31/2017 at 5:21 AM, Gingerninja said:

Very cool @jnin. I love his work. And traveling for tattoos is so much fun!!

Yeah I'm really excited. I have a lot of cool tattoos either already in the works or coming up soon so it's great. I'm looking forward to the traveling as well. Texas should be very interesting. Your collection seems like it has a wide array of locations from a myriad of people. I still can't get over that piece from Theo you got. 

Where did the latest tattoo lowdown thread go?

Anyway, this past weekend was Ocktoberfest at Old Soul in Canonsburg, PA. It's a cool event where the shop invites a whole bunch of artists (like 60'ish) for the weekend. Some by appointment, some by walk-in. The trick is that everyone is queued up for a table/space to work since the shop has maybe 12 stations. The Old Souls guys have it running like clockwork...superiorly organized. You still have to wait but with the festival outside in the street and karaoke going on inside, the time flies by in no time.

Nate Hudak made this for me on Saturday. He has a super light hand and is fast. Back of the left thigh.

Nate Hudak.JPG

Going to have a 20 year tattoo covered and reworked into a new dragon this weekend. I am stoked!

Since it's going to take several hours I got my artist several Monster drinks, a new Yeti cup and a Cuban cigar that just came in this week. 

I am 56 and enjoying getting new ink. Getting my first tattoo reworked is something I have thought about for years.

A long time ago, a small group of new, young, and energetic FedEx managers took a ride to the Jade Dragon tattoo parlor in Chicago. Most of us walked out with new ink. 

20 years later my first dragon is a little tired and faded. Old man is slowing down a whisker too....

Found a very talented young man, named Taylor at Evol Ink in Birmingham, AL. Very impressed by his work and attention to detail. Shop is first class. Great staff!

Will be posting before and after pics this weekend.

Ok I sat in the chair for a little over 5 hours today. Off to a great start. Will go back in about three weeks for color. My artist was excited when I presented him the Cuban cigar. The afternoon passed quickly with lots of great conversation. Little did my artist know the old guy had attended Tool concerts...

Before

20 year old Dragon showing a little age.   IMG_0044_zpsop3pksjt.jpg

Work in progress

IMG_2069_zpsrjjkgl8j.jpg

IMG_2071_zps30tbklag.jpg

IMG_2067_zpsbou58vyt.jpg

Life is good

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• A lot of people walk in to shops with different kinds of baggage relating to their body. Some people are conscious about scars, some don’t want a little fat showing when getting tattooed, some are self-conscious about their skin color and others are feel that they’re too skinny, among other things. You may find that going to an artist to have an area on your body that you feel vulnerable about worked on may boost your self-confidence. It may, and probably will, change your perspective on that body part. Artists have seen an array of people with a variety of vulnerabilities and issues. Many have “seen it all”, as they saying goes. I have personally had scars tattooed over, on my chest. They are from surgeries due to skin cancer, and I had always felt self-conscious of them since I got them, For me, it was important that my scars were camouflaged within the tattoo. My artist did just that, and now it’s a part of my body that I absolutely LOVE showing off. What’s the worst that can happen from going and chatting with someone? You may end up with a piece that you can’t wait to show off, or you may decide to not go through with it. At the very least, you can express your fears and desires to someone, which could hopefully lead to some healing.
    • They probably have something they put up for tattooing "exposed areas" that would require taking off an uncomfortable amount of clothing - most often drapes or a movable screen. A whole lot of the tattoo community is SUPER non-judgmental. I don't think you're going to run into an actual problem. You're in your head about it. The tattoo is going to be cool, and you're going to have a good time getting it and maybe some day you'll enjoy taking your shirt off!
    • looks fine but it's too early to tell
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By Charles.M
      Maybe this is naive or just hopeful, but I want to start an artist signature line of T-shirts,  designed by Tattoo Artists, I know this is not a new concept, but the niche will be that they are not shop T-shirts and not Sullen big productions from the larger companies (which are awesome). I would like to see simple clean designs, limited colors on Black shirts, made locally, of limited runs of 100 -300 shirts only, so that it actually matters that you have one of a limited supply (value added). Also limited run designs will mean that the art is constantly changing with fresh designs by the artists. There is a real opportunity for the Tattoo Scene to support local makers of things, like t-shirt makers and printers etc, instead of having things mass produced in China. Help your cousin Jim, you know what I mean. North America used to be a world producer, now we are consumer extraordinaires. This also gives a creative venue for tattooers who make awesome art which not so Tattoo-able sometimes, which can generate income for a rainy day fund when they are not tattooing (yes that happens). 
      Here are 5 designs which I am considering for Black T-shirts (hence the black back-drop). 

What is your feedback? Why one or the other? If there is consensus, this thing can pop out in the real world and you are a part of it. How often do you get that opportunity?

• By Moontattoo
      Moon Tattoo
      A custom studio opening to the public April 2, 2016
      1736 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757
      Starting out on April 2nd with tattoo artist David Poe, best way to contact him and book appointments is directly through his website.
      We are also looking to add artists, booth rental model to give you the freedom of managing your own clients and schedule! Contact me through the Moon website. :D
      Thanks,
      Tina Poe
    • By TH Tattoo
      Hi guys
      I am Theodor from Romania..I am a tattoo artist and i like to draw and paint..

• By jimbos cali irons
      I build Kustom tattoo armrests and tattoo workstations , 3 styles available rotor, tripod and a all aluminum travel model. All products are made in America using America materials and guaranteed for life... Instagram @therealcaliirons or give me a call at 951 533 4184
    • By tattoosbymike
      Hello Everybody
      My name is Michael Cowasji. I am a Tattoo Artist. I am new in this forum.