Just booked in with Forrest Cavacco (intsa: iamthecobra) in Plymouth MA in June :5_smiley:

I arrive the week beginning 18th June and have an apt for the 22nd. Will be getting a snake across my stomach/ribs to go in tandem with my chest eagle (a 'Battle Royale'-type scene). Will hopefully get the remainder finished during my time in Boston over the summer.

Attached is the current chest piece for reference (by Chris Stuart in Charlotte and Limerick, Ireland).

Chest Piece.jpg

I am having an ink jones. Still planning on a large Japanese back piece to tie into my dragon. So I am going in Thursday to get a traditional Sailor Jerry dagger on my left shoulder.

Nothing concrete yet, but my tentative plans through the end of the year:

1) Doing a "get what you get" from my favorite local shop within a couple weeks or so
2) A couple pieces at Pagoda City Fest this August, not sure who yet since I'm not sure who'll be there...hoping to get one of my knees done at least
3) A piece in New Orleans while I'm down there on my honeymoon (!) this November, maybe some love-related flash or something :9_innocent:

10 minutes ago, Oiocha said:

Pagoda always has a killer list, I'm sure you'll get something great as long as you get tattooed.

Very true. It's actually going to be hard to narrow it down once people start confirming they'll be there. And I live less than an hour away so I'm reeeeally debating making the drive up every one of the three days and potentially getting tattooed every day, which would be very bad for my bank account. :8_laughing:

On 3/11/2018 at 5:07 PM, Synesthesia said:
3) A piece in New Orleans while I'm down there on my honeymoon (!) this November, maybe some love-related flash or something :9_innocent:

Welcome in advance to my home town! 

If you want something custom and can schedule 1 month or 3 in advance check out the guys at Eye Candy. 

If you want something quick and off the cuff = what style, and where are you staying?

3 hours ago, SStu said:

Welcome in advance to my home town! 

If you want something custom and can schedule 1 month or 3 in advance check out the guys at Eye Candy. 

If you want something quick and off the cuff = what style, and where are you staying?

We're going to stay outside of New Orleans since it's soooo much cheaper, and just drive into town. We're looking at a couple places in Slidell right now but haven't decided yet.

As far as the tattoo itself goes, I was kind of just thinking about getting some flash off the wall. Besides your basic hearts and other lovey stuff, the one idea I have right now is just a traditional rose in orange, since that's one of my wedding flowers. But who knows what might catch my eye. Some of the shops I was eyeing were Good Work, Tattooagogo, and Oak Street, but I'm always up for suggestions.

@Synesthesia If your target tourism destination is the French Quarter, don't forget to factor in parking when doing comparisons. It's gonna cost you $30-60/day, but you can always park in the Bywater and hoof it in. 

Downtown Tattoo is good for in/out stuff, usually - and it's right in the heart of Frenchman Street, too (an authentic local music destination). 

45 minutes ago, SStu said:

@Synesthesia If your target tourism destination is the French Quarter, don't forget to factor in parking when doing comparisons. It's gonna cost you $30-60/day, but you can always park in the Bywater and hoof it in. 

Downtown Tattoo is good for in/out stuff, usually - and it's right in the heart of Frenchman Street, too (an authentic local music destination). 

holy crap !

3 hours ago, SStu said:

Something to keep in mind for sure. There's plenty outside of the French Quarter that I'd like to see and do (swamp tours! vinyl hunting! live music! museums!) but yeah, I'll have to factor in parking for those busier days/nights on Bourbon Street. :9_innocent: 

We stayed across the river in Algiers, took the ferry across, drawback is last run not very late. Stayed at Federal City Inn and Suites on an old Navy base. Once in NOLA you can walk or take street car (get an all-day pass cheap). Honestly, NOLA was disappointing for us, but we are old farts. Traffic in NOLA was awful. Glad we left the bike in Algiers.

Unless you're pretty young, you do the whole Bourbon St experience in about 2 hours or less. I'd recommend enjoying the FQ during the day and heading out to Frenchman and the surrounding neighborhoods to enjoy local (non-cover) music. B&Bs in Algiers Point are an excellent choice. Casa Pelican is an great choice, and reasonable. The $2 ferry and uber are your friends.