Looking forward to Pagoda in August! Getting a rad half chrome tiger head from Tim Lehi on my hip, a lucky mallet from Acetates on my inside thigh, and whatever pops out of Matt Kerley's line book and tickles my fancy haha. Not much room left now.

Edited by Bearcat78

On 6/5/2018 at 10:32 PM, Dan said:

well, I'm guessing that product does not go bad for a long time, I have had Palmers cocoa butter sit around for a long time and it seems fine to me.

It's best if used before february 2019. I tried looking on HB website about opened vs closed state, but yeah I guess it'll be fine. Im just really OCD about my new tattoos, hehe 

On 6/5/2018 at 10:55 PM, oboogie said:

It should be fine.

Here's a place to buy sleeves to cover your tattoos from the sun: https://tat2x.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2qiikLS92wIVSluGCh2IRwRhEAAYASAAEgJ9F_D_BwE 

I have a couple. They work well.

Thank you, those look sweet! Just wish they'd have a retailer in Europe.. 2 weeks till my appointment and ofc my slackin ass havent thought about this before now

Follow up: Emailed Scott about my stomach and he replied with "I'm totally in." He hasn't started booking yet, but we'll figure that out in the very near future.

Hopefully a few of us can meet up!

@Gingerninja - What kinda chaos do you have lined up for that weekend? yet.

@Bearcat78 daaaaamn. Goin for it!

@Boiled Dove I had a few free weekends not long ago and wanted to drive down to Absolute while Marina was there, but she was only doing weekdays. Hopefully you can get something!

10 hours ago, Bearcat78 said:

Looking forward to Pagoda in August! Getting a rad half chrome tiger head from Tim Lehi on my hip, a lucky mallet from Acetates on my inside thigh, and whatever pops out of Matt Kerley's line book and tickles my fancy haha. Not much room left now.

That is going to be one hell of a weekend.  One day maybe in a year or two once I have some money saved up I will go to Pagoda or Bay Area con! Kerley has been on my list for some time and I was sad to see him jump coasts before I could get to him, although my track record shows that being on the other coast doesnt really stop me.

Tomorrow I leave for what has taken about 2.5 years to pull off. Tattoo gods willing, Dobleman and Tomo next week! I am hoping to swing by Idle Hand tomorrow afternoon to support SNAFIT event. As luck would have it, there is also the Haight Street Fair happening. Silly excited. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

12 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Tomorrow I leave for what has taken about 2.5 years to pull off. Tattoo gods willing, Dobleman and Tomo next week! I am hoping to swing by Idle Hand tomorrow afternoon to support SNAFIT event. As luck would have it, there is also the Haight Street Fair happening. Silly excited. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

Hey I'll be in SF tomorrow too! Also hoping to make it to Idle Hand for Still Not Asking For It. I'm due for a beer with some friends in the Mission later but am not sure what time that will be yet. Jill Bonny's new shop in the Haight is open for walkins tomorrow too... lots happening!

Edited by zetroc

How is it like tattooing the elbow? I mean it's a very 'stressed' area, the skin stretches constantly, should I avoid intricate details and keep it as simple as possible? 

I'm thinking about getting this symbol on my elbow, and here's two different versions of it, one in details and one very plain:

odins-horn.png

horns_of_Odin.jpg

2 hours ago, thyes said:

How is it like tattooing the elbow? I mean it's a very 'stressed' area, the skin stretches constantly, should I avoid intricate details and keep it as simple as possible? 

I'm thinking about getting this symbol on my elbow, and here's two different versions of it, one in details and one very plain:

I have both my elbows and both knees tattooed,the tattoos there have held up just as good as any other tattoos I have on other places on my body.

On 6/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Gingerninja said:

Enjoy! Just got tattooed by Paul in Austin for the Open Road Tattoo Tour. Great experience. 

On 6/8/2018 at 11:40 PM, Oiocha said:

That is going to be one hell of a weekend.  One day maybe in a year or two once I have some money saved up I will go to Pagoda or Bay Area con! Kerley has been on my list for some time and I was sad to see him jump coasts before I could get to him, although my track record shows that being on the other coast doesnt really stop me.

Yeah, I've wanted to get tattooed by Matt for a few years now, but travel plans never lined up. He seems to travel a lot, but I'm not sure how often he will with the recent move. Surprised my girlfriend with an appointment with him Sunday of the convention as he is her favorite tattooer. Should be a great time. I'll be at Bay Area this year too! Super excited about that one. Just secured an appointment with Henning to fill in the back of my left thigh opposite a sick one I just got from Chris O'Donnell in May! Continuing to be a wild year of tattoos for me haha.

3 hours ago, SStu said:

@thyes a tip of the hat and a serious bow to any tattooer who can pull off the detail of that 2nd image on an elbow!

Hahah yeah I had a feeling it was a bit too.. intricate. 

But I've been sitting here and doing some research, and just found something awesome, that might just be doable. I just sent my artist an email with some reference pictures, really stoked to hear what she thinks 🙂

On 6/10/2018 at 1:07 AM, Gingerninja said:

@zetroc - send me a DM here when you are in the area. I was thinking about Jill's shop, too but it all depends on the timing.

Cheers!

Heather

Damn, I just saw this. I swung through Idle Hand later in the afternoon and got an Ace of Spades from Gary Royal. Also stopped by Jill's shop around 6, it looks great and everyone there is very nice. Next time!

Steve