dari

You really believe that? Based on what?

I stand corrected. Looks like he really doesn't do neck tattoos. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but I should've known better.

I also thought this was a brilliant analogy:

“A neck tattoo on someone without a lot of tattoos is like lighting a birthday candle on an unbaked cake.”

A well written, well thought out and professional response from none other than Tim Hendricks:

In Response… « Tim Hendricks

I can't help but think that the author of the original piece would be the exact type of person to attempt to crucify the guys at NYA had they tattooed the neck of her (hypothetical) un-tattooed 18 year old daughter...

However it has everyone talking about it, so I guess she has achieved her goal :(

@Tesseracts - I checked out the author's twitter account, and a few other women are enraged by the same things as the author. What a double standard... "don't you dare tell me what to do with my body, I will tell you what to do with my body." I'm not even capable of stringing words together with this ridiculousness.

Dan's response has been fantastic.

I think this woman definitely did not need to rant in public about being turned down. She could have went to another shop.

While I understand the idea behind the code, I am glad I still got my hand and wrist tattoos without a full sleeve. And I wonder what about the people that may never want a sleeve or lots of coverage, but would still love a hand or neck tattoo and remain dedicated to their tattoos? How would artists handle that? How would they decide I wonder?

While I understand the idea behind the code, I am glad I still got my hand and wrist tattoos without a full sleeve. And I wonder what about the people that may never want a sleeve or lots of coverage, but would still love a hand or neck tattoo and remain dedicated to their tattoos? How would artists handle that? How would they decide I wonder?

Some tattooers will do it, others won't.

@Tesseracts VERY well put. Once tattoos can be put on by xerox machines the world as I know it is over

Pretty harsh, but, I gotta ask if she really wants a tattoo out of love for her daughter, or one that makes her look like a celebrity?

The disillusioned tourists used to get robbed... I pray she gets it lasered and is left with a horrific squiggly scar

@Tesseracts VERY well put. Once tattoos can be put on by xerox machines the world as I know it is over

Pretty harsh, but, I gotta ask if she really wants a tattoo out of love for her daughter, or one that makes her look like a celebrity?

The disillusioned tourists used to get robbed... I pray she gets it lasered and is left with a horrific squiggly scar

I love the way she talks about being able to get the tattoo lazered like it's nothing. "Oh yea, I'll just go in and get this tattoo lazered off while I drink my Latte. One easy session and no one will know I every had one." Also funny the way she seems to equate three little tattoos with being heavily tattooed. And how she gives her cousin a pass for not tattooing her neck, but gets all snotty and shitty when Dan won't do it.

I think this woman has mental problems.

I love the way she talks about being able to get the tattoo lazered like it's nothing. "Oh yea, I'll just go in and get this tattoo lazered off while I drink my Latte. One easy session and no one will know I every had one.

I have encountered this attitude about lasering. My friends asked what I will do if I don't want my tattoos anymore and before I could answer they said "Oh I forgot they can can be lasered off much better these days."...To which I responded I would never ever let a laser near my tattoos...(OR take out piercings). Is it so weird wanting to look this way as a senior too? People think that with (more) age I must automatically not want it anymore :P.

• 2 months later...

I do not do those pictures that for technical reasons, will look bad on the skin. drawings with many small elements for example that people want to place in a very small size. And tattoos on fingers, a really hate this very small things which will be look bad in future (it is a text or simple figure usualle). for the rest - even if the person has chosen the strangest tattoo and if I see that it is adequate - I will make him a tattoo

Magarita, you`re right. I once saw a My Little pony done single needle, about the size of a dime. It looked like Shakey Jake got a hold of who ever was dumb enough to get it. The lines.... my god!!!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Gloomy Inks , It's good example when people make photo of such when it was done and second photo in year later

That`s true, but its oft the client. Bad after care. I remember reading a Zeke Owens column about Sailor Jerry and aftercar. The Old Man was of a mind that he gave good tattoos. But once the guy got out the doir he "bath in salt water ir gasoline".

Cant make people try! But that pony was brand new, and I just hope the poor, palsey ridden artist had health insurance

That`s true, but its oft the client. Bad after care. I remember reading a Zeke Owens column about Sailor Jerry and aftercar. The Old Man was of a mind that he gave good tattoos. But once the guy got out the doir he "bath in salt water ir gasoline".

Cant make people try! But that pony was brand new, and I just hope the poor, palsey ridden artist had health insurance

Your story is fun:)

You said right. Aftecare is a one of the most important thing to good looking tattoo in future. But some tattoo's ideas is not good. Not because it is strange or unsual. Because it is bad for the technical aspects. You won't can tattooing a complicated pattern with thin line on size of coin - it just will be a blur in future.

One thing I try not to do is argue. I base what I will and won`t do on a few factors. Mainly how much of done it and how much it bugs me to. But I respect your position, Margarita. I have never been an artist. Im a tattoo artist. A bum, but the high end of bum.

• 4 months later...
I have a 5-tree-per-year quota. And I'm serious. I hate them. Always "gnarly roots and dead branches" or with "the seasons going left to right."

I have one in my portfolio even... mayeb I should take it out so as to not encourage more people!!

WORST MOST HATED REQUEST: MOTHERFUCKING OWLS

JESUS MOTHERFUCKING CHRIST.

I'd like to do an owl eating a cupcake with a hat with a flipped up bring that says something like "416"

That is probably the hottest tattoo of the year!!!!

I second the owl thing. Not been tattooing long but geometric owls are hands down my most requested thing. Also I HATE the bird silhouettes. Not because they're unoriginal and rubbish but because every single one of them is a coverup /future blob waiting to happen. They are just not good.