Foot Tattoo

Reyeslv

So I'm thinking of starting to do tattoos on my feet. I've had many thoughts of what I would like. Panther head, Tiger head, Skull, Skull in a Rose. Maybe a Jondix or Thomas hooper shape-like design (not exactly sure what that is called). My question is do both feet need to match in type of design? Could it be a Japanese mask on one side and a Traditional Style Ship on the other? I searched before I posted so if this is in another thread I apologize in advance :rolleyes:

I like things to match up. I don't have my feet tattooed yet, but I do know what I am going to get on them. My wife has a couple of old pieces of flash. One is Tom Berg and the other Stoney St. Clair. They are similar in shape and theme so they go well together. I friend of mine has a jesus and a devil head both by Scott Harrison and they are awesome.

i have matching on my left foot i have a girl head with wings, and on my right foot i have a skull and crossbones with a sword through it. i got them done in the same day couldn't really walk for like 5 days but was worth it. i think a Japanese piece on one foot and an american traditional on the other would be kind of cool and unique

My right leg has trad pieces and a trad panther head (Oliver Peck) on my foot. My left leg has a big japanese dragon all the way up, so arguably if I got a trad style piece on my left foot, like another cat head, it would match my right foot but not the rest of my left leg, if you get my drift... I guess a severed head or other small japanese style tattoo on the foot would fit better with the rest of the left leg, but then we're back to square one - it wouldn't match the other foot. And since foot tattoos aren't really a big part of the traditional japanese lexicon, arguably it wouldn't be any more 'authentic' than getting a trad cat head anyway.

Really, it's a first world problem... I mean, either way it's fine. It's not vital to be matchy-matchy, IMO.

I'm a big fan of foot tattoos that match to some degree, but that can be as loose as just both being vaguely traditional tattoos (I don't think traditional American tattoos and one-shot Japanese tattoos clash at all). Basically what @ThaliaCamille said. I'm planning on getting some matching tribal designs on mine...I really want to get tattooed by Leo Zulueta, and my feet are the only place I can think of to do that without it being impeded by/clashing with the tattoos I have everywhere else.

I would have a tendency, with the feet to go with something that matches, size & style wise.

A pair of Japanese masks a traditional cockerel and pig or matching circular geometric designs like a rose mandala.

Another option would be a single design that flows over both feet.

This one tattooed by Michael E. Bennett from 2Spirit Tattoo in San Francisco.

skullfoottattoo.jpg

And this by Tomas Tomas of Into You, London

TomasTomasfeet.jpg

I'm getting both my feet tattooed tommorrow. I prefer the matching look, so I'm getting a shishi and a baku.

I kind of hate you right now. Those are two things I've always wanted, but ran out of room for. Who's doing them?

As for my feet, I got a daruma and Oiwa (cool legend about her, by the way) by Bill and Junii Salmon:

img_2704_thumb.jpg

Fuck foot tattoos so glad i'm done! I got mine done when I first was in the Navy and went with the pig and rooster but did it a little different then most because everyone had the Sailor Jerry ones. Another interesting one i've seen was fog horn leg horn and porky pig. I thought those were pretty awesome.

• 2 months later...
Anyone else wanna post up?

I always wondered if people ever covered the entire top of their feet as I plan to. It seems most people people just an image on top without "filling" the space.

Hooper did this foot as part of a full squid leg:

db0ac6c2008911e29f5b22000a1cdb16_7.jpg

I was lucky enough to see it in person while it was being worked on and it was knock-you-on-your-ass good.

I'd love to do something like that with my feet but I'm not in a place in my life right now where I can heal something like that.