People using stereotypes with Tattoo art.

petepunter

I just thought I would bring this up and see your thoughts.

Doesn't it shit you when people try to come up with there own definition of what certain Tattoos symbolise.

I rarely ever show off my ink in the daytime as I don't want them to fade from the sun. but yesterday I was walking around with a wifebeater singlet.

I had some idiot that lives around the corner go out of his way to say to me I must be gay because I have a koi fish half sleeve and if not why would I get a homosexual tattoo. I don't care about uneducated peoples opinions and I love the work on it so I was more so insulted knowing what the true traditional Japanese meaning's of the koi stands for and Haters just gon Hate such a beautiful piece.

Not one to hate either but the offender had some poor tribal work done and thought it was so boss. I didn't say anything just laughed in my head.

Any ways I was bored a few hours later so I googled to see where this stereotype against the Koi was coming from and even wikipedia have the uneducated answer that it represents homosexuality and a couple of other google pages aswell where did this stupid views come from? My Father was like this he wouldn't let me get a earing when I was a teen and when I did made me pull it out asking if it represented my sexuality is it just old 1960's-1970's mentality. Like there is so many venues homosexuals can meet these days that they really need a sign to tell each other they are gay.

Funny I would think the guy with the tribal tattoo was gay, wasn't it the gay gentlemen who frequented leather bars that started that movement, at least here in the state, before it became the frat boy and then cage fighter tattoo? Not trying to start a stereotype just to show that anything can be turned around and twisted and things change over time.

@David Flores I agree I am not one to stereotype myself but was going to say the same thing.

I am a swinger and frequent parties that are open to let gay guys in and the younger generation 20-40 have a lot of tribal work done.

The older guys 50+ have a lot for boss old school work all over them. I actually had a good chat to one recently about his tats.

@David Flores I agree I am not one to stereotype myself but was going to say the same thing.

I am a swinger and frequent parties that are open to let gay guys in and the younger generation 20-40 have a lot of tribal work done.

The older guys 50+ have a lot for boss old school work all over them. I actually had a good chat to one recently about his tats.

Whoa...WAY too much information!

Man, let the haters hate.

It's the new age, PC, that REALLY gets 'em going. Sixties and seventies? I was coming up then, and it was pretty much do your thing. You will ALWAYS find some small percentage of people gotta hate on someone to feel better about themselves, but I think it's far, far worse now than it was bqack in the day.

Now you have Political Correctness, which is a fancy way of saying "if you don't think and act exactly as I do, then you're pondscum". It's taught in the schools, and drilled into kids heads from the day they can walk into one...tell a Polack joke?!?!?!?!?! Oh my genderless creation legend-the sky is falling!

Fuck it. At least in the sixties and seventies, if you wanted to be a (insert your particular thang here) it was all good. Now, forget it-say the wrong word and the Nanny State and it's informing minions are on you. Try to defend yourself and instead of fighting you, they'll just call 5-0 and press charges.

Two Koi, one hitting it from the back , both covered in tribal tattoos. On an unrelated note I saw the funniest bumper sticker the other day on a Toyota Tacoma. it said "4BEAR4" and yes their were many rainbow stickers on the back window to verify that is what he meant by it. I thought it was genius, I mean really he likes to hang out with guys and 4 wheel just like any other guy. It's great to live in a city like Portland where people just don't care.

People run their mouths too much and offer their opinion unwelcomely. What was he looking to gain from that conversation? I would have smashed his mouth, make him responsible for the shit that comes out of it.

That's what I love about Chicago-say what you want, but be ready to back it up!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @ CG...watchadoin tonite, big guy?!

I had a funny one about 5 years ago driving from Dallas to Shreveport. I stop for gas in this hick town, and the lady behind the counter says, "Boy you got some nerve walkin' around like that." She points at the bat tattooed on my throat, "Everyone knows that's some Nazi shit on your neck, and in Texas it's illegal to even have a tattoo on your face or neck. You could be arrested for just standing here with that on your neck."

I explained that I wasn't racist by any means, my tattoo wasn't associated with that, and that I'm a tattoo artist in Texas and know the laws. The very idea was ridiculous. She starts arguing and threatens to call the cops. I just shook my head and left. I was pretty pissed for a few minutes, then I just started laughing. It was so silly. Just pure ignorance, and making up her own ideas of symbolism and laws.

I had a funny one about 5 years ago driving from Dallas to Shreveport. I stop for gas in this hick town' date=' and the lady behind the counter says, "Boy you got some nerve walkin' around like that." She points at the bat tattooed on my throat, "Everyone knows that's some Nazi shit on your neck, and in Texas it's illegal to even have a tattoo on your face or neck. You could be arrested for just standing here with that on your neck."

I explained that I wasn't racist by any means, my tattoo wasn't associated with that, and that I'm a tattoo artist in Texas and know the laws. The very idea was ridiculous. She starts arguing and threatens to call the cops. I just shook my head and left. I was pretty pissed for a few minutes, then I just started laughing. It was so silly. Just pure ignorance, and making up her own ideas of symbolism and laws.[/quote']

What do you have tattooed on your neck if I can ask?