Bristol Tattoo Club.

abees

Are any LST members also members of the Bristol Tattoo Club? I recently joined, and with Jimmie Skuse's permission, here's the details on how to join if you're interested.

"IN ANSWER TO EVERYONES QUESTION HOW TO JOIN THIS WORLD FAMOUS CLUB ITS (*£20.00 GBP, $33.00 dollors usa and europe*) inc p&p YOU GET A T SHIRT AND CERTIFCATE TO THIS WORLD FAMOUS CLUB ANY ONE INTRESTED PLEASE PAY BY PAY PAL T SHIRT SIZES AT PRESENT ARE LARGE AND XXL DUE TO DEMAND MORE ARRIVING PAY PAL JIMMIESKUSE@LIVE.CO.UK"

"bristol tattoo club founded by les skuse in 1953

members included sailor jerry collins doc webb, doc forbes, lyle turttel nick piccaro, milton zeis hulk spaulding , al schifley and paul rogers jack zeek cash cooper jessie knight rich mingings big jock ron ackers, jimmy thompson albert cornelous tattoo jack tattoo peter ole hansen to name a few still going strong today 59 years later mebership still open to join the club pm me"

here's some more info about the B.T.C.

BTC BRISTOL TATTOO CLUB | THE SKUSE FAMILY — GENERATIONS OF KILLER INK « The Selvedge Yard

Les Skuse Tattoo Studio, Keynsham, Bristol - Skuse Family History

I've attached the picture of the certificate and t-shirt that you'll get.

you can also contact Jimmie Skuse on Facebook.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't know that was still going on. Always thought of trying to get together something like that here, though with LST and the internet it seems kind of redundant.

@abees did you know Les Skuse from before and do they open up joining to just anyone? They don't jump you in, like @Lochlan and @hogg did to me when I got off the flight in SF?

@gougetheeyes when Les passed away, his son Danny kept the club going, i believe. and after his passing, it's now run by Jimmie (Les' grandson, Danny's son)..

i just looked back through some posts on Jimmie's Facebook, someone asked about if anyone can join.. here's what he said -

"it use to be anyone with a chest or back piece or over £ 5 pounds worgth of tattoos could join the club mate now days yes most people can join tattooist an fans mate theres no secret handshakes or teaching how to tattoo mate its just a club that my grandfather ran i continue to run it to keep his name alive".

@gougetheeyes when Les passed away, his son Danny kept the club going, i believe. and after his passing, it's now run by Jimmie (Les' grandson, Danny's son)..

i just looked back through some posts on Jimmie's Facebook, someone asked about if anyone can join.. here's what he said -

"it use to be anyone with a chest or back piece or over £ 5 pounds worgth of tattoos could join the club mate now days yes most people can join tattooist an fans mate theres no secret handshakes or teaching how to tattoo mate its just a club that my grandfather ran i continue to run it to keep his name alive".

That's great!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got this today. Tattooed by Jimmie Skuse, Les Skuses' grandson. Had a nice chat afterwards and Jimmie showed me a load of flash thats been submitted for a book he's working on. Great day.

Awesome! I've got a book with pics from the BTC and hope to stop in to join the

club when the fam and I visit the UK next year.

• 1 year later...
I hope Les Scuse tattoos is still around. I've been trying to contact them about joining the Bristol Tattoo Club. Phone says wrong number; no email responses. And tomorrow is the day I drive through Bristol. :)

Hit Jimmie up on Facebook.....

https://www.facebook.com/jimmie.skuse

If you miss seeing or hearing from Jimmie while you are there then hit up Dana Brunson when you get back to the states....he'll sign you up for the BTC!

https://www.facebook.com/tattoodesignsbydana

Feel free to mention my name to either of the two....