full sleeve tattoo

fullsleev

hi there

i want to know if one can get a full sleeve tattoo while having no tattoos

and the price as well as far as where it would start. i am in Toronto area.

thank you.

First hello and welcome to LST.

To answer you questions.

1) There are no pre-requisite tattoos needed to get tattooed.

2) As far as price, and design the best way (and only real way) to approach this is to go to tattoo shops around where you live (or travel if you'd like).

3) I don't have any shops myself but I am sure someone can jump in here to help fill in some local talent.

No please don't.

Remember tattoos don't come off that easily! Once you mark-up you skin it's pretty much there forever (save some very expensive and painful laser sessions). This coupled with the chance of infection should drive you away quickly.

Drawing skills =/= tattooing skills. While being able to draw doesn't hurt, it is comparing apples and hamburgers.

It is much easier, cheaper, safer, more atheistically pleasing not to mention a good deal more hygienic to go to a professionally.

I love tattoos and will love getting them. This being said a shit tattoo takes hours to put on but can create a lifetime of regret. I know people who got coverups. They are the cheapest option to get rid of a bad tattoo, but are now about twice the size and the image has to be able to cover the mistake, which means you dont get to pick the exact image.

Welcome to the board.

Good advice there from @slayer9019 to which I would add that there's a tattoo convention in Toronto in June with some really great artists attending, and it would probably be a good idea to attend that to get an idea of what sorts of tattoos are out there, plus it will give you the chance to look at the portfolios of plenty of tattoo artists and talk with them in person about your ideas without having to trek all around town. What style are you looking at? Traditional? Japanese? Black and grey? Realistic colour? Hard to recommend a shop without knowing that.

I would also like to add that cost should never be an important consideration. Find a great design and tattoo artist whose work you love and if you have to wait longer to save the money, live on a tighter budget, pick up extra shifts at work, etc., then so be it, because at the end of it all, money is only money and it comes and goes and a tattoo is on you for life.

didnt i notice that you posted in another thread,that you didnt have any tattoos but wanted a sleeve? You really should learn to swim before diving into the deep end.

what do you think of buying a kit to tattoo on your own? i've seen kits sold online at $100+

i have basic drawing skills. is it feasible?

Welcome to the board.

Good advice there from @slayer9019 to which I would add that there's a tattoo convention in Toronto in June with some really great artists attending, and it would probably be a good idea to attend that to get an idea of what sorts of tattoos are out there, plus it will give you the chance to look at the portfolios of plenty of tattoo artists and talk with them in person about your ideas without having to trek all around town. What style are you looking at? Traditional? Japanese? Black and grey? Realistic colour? Hard to recommend a shop without knowing that.

I would also like to add that cost should never be an important consideration. Find a great design and tattoo artist whose work you love and if you have to wait longer to save the money, live on a tighter budget, pick up extra shifts at work, etc., then so be it, because at the end of it all, money is only money and it comes and goes and a tattoo is on you for life.

oh cool so are there different styles?

which one resists WATER because i swim a lot and i'd probably want something that would endure water.

or what about tiny logos if i wanted to get a tiny band name (at 4" x 1") what color would you say would last longer and keep its original shape?

to get a tattoo is very expensive. i recently got a quote of $180 for a TINY LETTERING.

Welcome to the world of good tattooing. To take a cheap route is to cheapen the tattoo and the experience itself. Take a step back, and ask why you really want a tattoo.

Also, I hope you dont want to tattoo for solely this reason? "well they charged this, I can draw the basics, I can do it just as well...."

Is this a serious thread? If it is I would recommend for you to not get tattooed at all until you do a lot of research.

Dig deep into this forum read and watch everything posted, I suggest starting with the artist interviews and looking through the galleries.

Seems like you are taking the piss to me, stop posting and do more reading.