One of these is not like they other....

WeRnDoG

This guy has been all over Shiges' work and is obviously quite proud of doing it, Now he has had a go at my dragon. I fully understand if your work is out there on the web then it is fair game for these uncreative fools to pick up and tattoo on another unwittingly fool but you don't then post it up on social media for everyone too see. This guy is a total fanboy, posted pics with Shige at the Melbourne convention and does exact copies of personal paintings Shige puts in his book for his customers.

@Lochlan Having some trouble attaching images to this thread. I usually go to the advanced posting options and use the attach file But the advanced option is not available anymore that I can see, what is the best way to post these Jpg's? Thanks

@Lochlan Having some trouble attaching images to this thread. I usually go to the advanced posting options and use the attach file But the advanced option is not available anymore that I can see, what is the best way to post these Jpg's? Thanks

You should see the 'go advanced' button at the bottom of the thread right next to the big green button. Once you're in there, you can click the paperclip icon to attach an image, or if you already have images in your gallery, you can click the big yellow square to add those images to your post.

@steve1461686340 When i hit the 'go advanced' it doesn't bring the paper clip and all the other options up at all. I tried on my phone and it does bring them up, Not sure what is happening here.

It sounds like you probably need to try a different browser, or clear your browser cache. Google Chrome, Firefox, and safari should all work fine. Internet Explorer is less reliable.. try holding down the CTRL key and then hit the F5 key on your keyboard - or CTRL + ALT + E if you're using Safari - to clear your browser cache.

He has taken down the picture off Instagram and sent me a message saying sorry and that he had no choice because his client wanted that exact dragon. Since when do we hold guns to the head of the artists tattooing us, this guy knows exactly what he is doing. @ian Check out the 1st page of the 'dragons' thread it is one of Dean Sacreds' dragons wrapping around a sword, variation of Fudo Myoo.

• 1 year later...
If it means anything... the guy who invented the wheel is still getting fucked today....

A patent expires after 17 or 20 years depending on the type, and copyrighted art becomes public domain 70 years after the artist is dead. So the wheel dude has been screwed for a while. So, from a tattooing perspective, the deal is still pretty good and better than the wheel. If you felt like trying to enforce it.

It has been a big debate as to actually who owns the "art" after it is tattooed on a customer!

It is also a debate as to whether a tattoo is indeed covered under the US copyrighting system unless a physical finished piece of art was done!

And if you don't register you piece of art with the US Copyright Office.....you can only receive the profits someone makes from your work! Spend several thousand dollars to recover whatever profit the guy made from the tattoo!

It's a battle most would never do because other than principle.....you just loose money!

It has been a big debate as to actually who owns the "art" after it is tattooed on a customer!

Yeah, there was a good discussion a while back. I was just commenting on the "wheel" post.

I think I wouldn't have a problem with the tattooer owning the copyright as long as there was a creative commons license or some sort of a permanent license of some sort to allow display of the work, even in a public setting where the wearer was making money in a way that was unrelated to the tattoo.

But, not trying to restart the discussion here. A whole thread is here for those so interested. http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/4151-artists-who-copy-tattoos-styles.html