Hi from New Zealand - Cover up advice wanted

MISS D1

Hi there

I got a playboy bunny tattoo when I was 16, and while I don't HATE it so much, it's not really 'me'.

I added the Marilyn quote cos it kind of matched, but the bunny looks old & tired & needs a revamp.

14765_210675197285_649084_n.jpg

14765_210675212285_2413309_n.jpg

I was thinking a ribbon/bow (bunny being the knot), or would be open to flowers or something girlie. Any ideas? Would I be best to get some laser first? (I haven't found out how much it would cost yet, wouldn't wanna start until I had a plan of attack)

Inkstitution - Auckland Tattoos and Tattoo Design - Meet the Artists

Go see Stephen, he is a good tattooer and a good dude. One of the guys at my shop spent last two years there and him and steven became good friends because their are regular dudes with egos in check that do good work. His online portfolio doesn't really do him justice.

I second the flower on each side of the lettering would be my first suggestion for coverup, it would balance it out

Thanks for all the help guys!! :)

I also had another thought, it's probably 'hipster' & therefore tacky or whatever, but I was thinking of getting a sugar skull cross pin up girl, disguising the bunny in her hair. It would come up over my hip I guess.

I'm really liking the stuff Carrisa Rose (I think she's also neverdieart) does.

Tacky? Too "trendy"?

Thanks for all the help guys!! :)

I also had another thought, it's probably 'hipster' & therefore tacky or whatever, but I was thinking of getting a sugar skull cross pin up girl, disguising the bunny in her hair. It would come up over my hip I guess.

I'm really liking the stuff Carrisa Rose (I think she's also neverdieart) does.

Tacky? Too "trendy"?

You would want to the face to be facing inward so the bunny would be right in the face which might not be the best coverup. Is this the type of thing you were thinking of (at least general idea)? You probably have enough room to cover bunny with flower and still get girl head as a seperate tattoo or have flowers around the head and use that as coverup, but again whatever you do make sure you like the idea.

Yeah something like that! There are definitely ways to do it to have it facing inwards as well as having the hair on the inside.

There's this image that could work if the flower on the left was moved or reduced

394052_277146435681646_984516305_n.jpg

and there's this one that I could flip to face the other way

390827_399377920125163_695526641_n.jpg

It would need to be a decent size to work, and I think would come up to my belly button - just wondering for future, I've read a bit about most tattoos not being effected by pregnancy, as long as it is on the side there (not near the belly button!) will it be ok do you think?

Yeah If you are willing to go big, I am sure you could cover it and end up with a nice tattoo. Usually people who want coverups don't realize how big the cover tattoo will need to be, but it sounds like you know what you are in for. The only downside is once you get that big tattoo on your side, you other side will feel so empty and you will want a big tattoo their too.

• 2 months later...