In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

*nods* And I know from previous heavy blackwork, that this will itch like a fucking bastard! Bepanthen will be my best friend, as is usual post tattoo. The paracetamol is doing it's job and it's not swelling much. Redness is also gone, bit bruised around outside of wings and above Tyrael's head. It looks like he's got a dark halo! lol well okay if a halo was squished.

At least my bosses/co-workers no longer pass any remarks when lift jeans leg up to apply bepanthen. Nor do they comment on having nappy cream on my desk lol

The itching is never fun, but I'm weirdly more annoyed by the hazy/cloudy/milky look this time around. It's really intense on the inside of my arm. I don't usually have a second peel to speak of, but I'm pretty sure this time I will.

It is interfering wtih my ability to admire my tattoo. Go away, skin haze, you're lame.

The itching is never fun, but I'm weirdly more annoyed by the hazy/cloudy/milky look this time around. It's really intense on the inside of my arm. I don't usually have a second peel to speak of, but I'm pretty sure this time I will.

It is interfering wtih my ability to admire my tattoo. Go away, skin haze, you're lame.

trick is to forget about the tattoo for a month - hate that haze too

And...the itching has started, Bepanthen is my best friend. When I got Angel Tyrael done, it still looked damn good during that haze, but maybe it was cause of the nature of the tattoo? Fuck, I dunno. Am I even making sense? Am still on first cuppa of the day here. Generally speaking though that hazy bit, never bothers me. I love seeing how the tattoo progresses from how it looks on the day, to how it changes and will eventually look. Maybe I'm just weird?

No need to answer that last question lol

^^^ Where are the cries for commiseration with a bunch of you lately?!? Where are the laments for massive itchification and scratching and sticking to the sheets? For color loss and cankles and other assorted swellings and dangling precariously over toilet seats?

I propose a new rule for LST - Thou shalt not come to the commiseration thread and happily dance about in joy that your healing is going beautifully.

<insert repeated lashings with a well-used fundushi>

ok well it has occurred to me the best way to forget about your rough healing itchy scratchy hazy mess of your healing tattoo is...

...getting a new tattoo while the other is still healing

totally diverts the attention away from your healing tattoo

before you know it your other tattoo is all good

but then of course you're back in the process of healing another tattoo

oh the tangled web...

^^^ Where are the cries for commiseration with a bunch of you lately?!? Where are the laments for massive itchification and scratching and sticking to the sheets? For color loss and cankles and other assorted swellings and dangling precariously over toilet seats?

I propose a new rule for LST - Thou shalt not come to the commiseration thread and happily dance about in joy that your healing is going beautifully.

<insert repeated lashings with a well-used fundushi>

Well, now that I think about I do have a terrible itch and I'm flaking like hell. I've also ruined three bed sheets! :(

This last tattoo has been godawful to heal. God help me if I forget not to bend over and reach down to pick stuff up; feels like every vein in my forearm is about to explode from the blood pressure in the vicinity of the tattoo. Training at the gym was godawful on Tuesday. Even just swinging my arms naturally while I walk makes it feel tight and throbby.

This makes me super-excited to get into leg tattoos, obviously!*

*no it doesn't

Don't want to speak too soon but i think i've got away really lightly with this tattoo. Barely had any itching at all and i'm now a full week after the session - plenty of peeling going on but so far it's been a real breeze.

Used bepanthen for the first couple of days just to help everything settle down, but i've used nothing for the last 4-5 days and felt just fine.

Is there any technical reason why my right ankle swelled and hurt for almost a week, and the left one hardly hurts two days out? The tattoos are in the same place from side to side, but it seems pretty obvious they aren't applied in the same way. I'm sure it isn't because I'm so tough now :)

Gosh, today the baby chameleon and I are hanging out, peeling.

Yeah, I'm about 50% shed off right now. Never has hurt and only yesterday itched a little. I'm wearing a fake tattoo sleeve over it (kind of like a heavy nylon stocking) to keep it from rubbing against things and it contains the flakes so I can dump them in the sink when I take it off to wash it. There were still flakes all over the sheets and my recliner.

• 2 weeks later...

do you heal differently in the the winter or summer months?

Just got shading done on foodog sleeve Saturday. Other than washing, I'm using a little h2ocean i had leftover, maybe once a day. Everything great so far...but i imagine in the next couple of days, the peeling will begin.