In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

Hand 2 days ago. Black/grey and it is still swollen and the grey wash is still reddish. Went to get a haircut tonight and they thought the tattoo was purple lol ....been icing and taking ibuprofen. The swelling has gone down though. Before the haircut i didnt move from the house for 2 days. Just been sitting around. No way i screw this up because i really dont feel like going back for touch ups

Got tattooed on Monday, 4hrs of black across my upper back.

Still bruised and tender but 3/4 of the area has flaked off like poetry this Friday morning and no sign of any scabs. Finally could put my back under the shower stream, ah relief!

I think I got a neck cramp from trying to put ointment in those hard to reach spots haha!

Shout out to all the husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, room mates, mistresses and cabana boys who get the gross job of rubbing A&D ointment on our scaly healing backpieces! We appreciate it!

Hand 2 days ago. Black/grey and it is still swollen and the grey wash is still reddish. Went to get a haircut tonight and they thought the tattoo was purple lol ....been icing and taking ibuprofen. The swelling has gone down though. Before the haircut i didnt move from the house for 2 days. Just been sitting around. No way i screw this up because i really dont feel like going back for touch ups

I had one tattoo session on my upper arm, I was black and blue within a day or so from the artist's grip. I've had odd areas also swell up and stay red for a few days, all part of the ritual.

I bought a cane today because my knee is the size of one of Jupiter's moons. Its really helpful. Not to mention it comes with built-in sympathy. Its a bit of an eye-opener to experience just how much of the urban landscape is inaccessible to people with even minor mobility issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on day two of healing my seven hour thigh piece. Most of it required several passes for saturation, depth and detail but my artist was incredibly gentle. So far I've had little to no swelling or redness but the first wash sucked and blankets have been a pain. I'm anxiously awaiting the itching and scabbing to begin.

I'm on day two of healing my seven hour thigh piece. Most of it required several passes for saturation, depth and detail but my artist was incredibly gentle. So far I've had little to no swelling or redness but the first wash sucked and blankets have been a pain. I'm anxiously awaiting the itching and scabbing to begin.

I am in the same boat... I am starting to get a bit nervous though,I keep moving around and waking my self up due to small pain... Keeping my back away from bed/blanket has proven to be one hell of a task...

I do have to thank my wife... She has been awesome through out the process.

Good God

Do not get the back of your knee tattooed!

The tattoo stings...but just awful the day after.

Also got tattooed on the armpit border.

So I've got a hunched shoulder and a zombie leg for a few days until this skin loosens up

YEEOUCH !

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to next week where I can actually take a care-free shower. Oh wait I'm getting tattooed again next week.

Healing the outline on my back has so far been pretty easy and comfortable. Looking forward to those huge patches of dry flakey shading.

Are you going to post pics of the progress on your blog? Question about the line you waited in. Is that common for a weekend or was Rubendall opening up his appointment book?

Healing the outline on my back has so far been pretty easy and comfortable. Looking forward to those huge patches of dry flakey shading.

I think if my first session was just lines it wouldn't have been so bad but because I got hit a bunch with the shader filling in the tiger stripes it was especially uncomfortable because unlike subsequent shading sessions that have focused on one area of my back, I had dried out and itchy patches of skin from my upper back down to my ass. That was the session that I stopped dry healing my tattoos.

I think if my first session was just lines it wouldn't have been so bad but because I got hit a bunch with the shader filling in the tiger stripes it was especially uncomfortable because unlike subsequent shading sessions that have focused on one area of my back, I had dried out and itchy patches of skin from my upper back down to my ass. That was the session that I stopped dry healing my tattoos.

Glad you mentioned this. After my first session i used cream for maybe 2 days but i hated the feeling so stopped using it. So far i've not used any cream and i'm doing ok (relatively), but i think i'll probably have the same experience as you now that i've got big chunks of shading to heal.

Are you going to post pics of the progress on your blog? Question about the line you waited in. Is that common for a weekend or was Rubendall opening up his appointment book?

Hoping to post an update this week. I don't currently have a computer at home so I need to find time at work to write...

Cool. I managed to find pics on another thread on LST. So what was up with the line at King's Ave?

The line was just because it was the day Mike opened his books for new work. In the past he did this every year or 2, but according to the shop manager that was the most people the ever had lined up. On a normal day there is no line.