In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

Got my inner bicep area done yesterday and things are rough the next day. Massive bruise all down my tricep, red all over (my brown skull looks pink!), and my upper arm is almost twice the size of my other arm. I have really sensitive skin, so I kind of expected the worst and I'm getting it. I would be concerned if my artist hadn't warned me about how ugly this area can be to heal.

On day four of my calf and it's doing well. It was only linework this session, but I'm still surprised that it's not peeling yet. The area at the top of my foot where the tendons connect looks like it will be the first, if it happens at all. Worst was the first two days, hobbling around the first and then trying to wear my work boots that come to midcalf the second. Can't wait to deal with how it'll be when we do the shading. Then I think about the color and I'm like fuuuuuuu...

Wow, the itching is intense on this one, I guess because I got such a big area covered all in one day. This is the first tattoo I have not been able to care for all by myself, and am pleasantly surprised at how much of a bonding experience it has been to have my husband help me.

This is the first tattoo I have not been able to care for all by myself, and am pleasantly surprised at how much of a bonding experience it has been to have my husband help me.

Is that awesome or what?!?

I had the same experience with my whole family! Wife and kids all help me throughout the healing of my back piece.

@bongsau, :( sorry bud.

My kids everyday ask me when is my next session for my back so they can help out... kind of funny...

The oldest got paid when I was all healed and done... He woke up every day at 5AM with me to help me with my back. Many times I told him he didnt have too but he allways would reply: "Dad I want to see what this experience is like for you". So I figure I give him a bonus for all the help...

That is awesome. Maybe tomorrow I'll have the girlfriend help me out, hard to tell when I've got the whole thing covered.

On the other end, it's SO DAMN ITCHY! I went to itch the part by the top of my foot yesterday and was like whoa, stop dude! Not to mention trying to keep my leg away from my dog when I'm playing with him, or my lady accidentally kicking or scratching it!

Haha @jen7 - a good week. I'd generally try not to lean back until the peel was complete in fear I'd pull off flaking skin, or the one or two little scabs I'd get each session. I was pretty paranoid, especially driving 4 hours in the car twice a week....leaning forward! Ack! :p

Hang in there. Your back is gonna be awesome. Well, actually, it already is.

Awww dude...vaseline is like the no.1 no no...

Update on my leg - still peeling after a week and a half. I think it's just because legs heal slower, which is compounded by my poor circulation to my extremities (had my fingers and toes "die" on me before where they go all white with no blood flow unless I warm them up), which is also made worse since I'm a smoker. Hoping it will be good soon.

My skin was always a fast healer, but that comes at a price- extensive scabbing. Two of my first tattoos done back a while had an annoying healing process with some scaring still visible. But once I moved to Intenze inks and TattooMed after tattoo care cream (no advertising intended) healing became a breeze. Not really sure which one influenced it more, but getting tattooed since then became much more pleasurable experience.

The skin has all started to die. Still oozing and weeping 6 days later. I've learned that it's the epinephrine in the product...it can cause tissue necrosis. Can't post a photo because I my account is still in the newbie phase.

Holly shit balls batman!

So Sorry this is happening to you bro.

Take care and see a doctor.

Good luck and you can post a pic if you upload your image to a image hosting company such as photobucket.com.

Awww dude...vaseline is like the no.1 no no...

Update on my leg - still peeling after a week and a half. I think it's just because legs heal slower, which is compounded by my poor circulation to my extremities (had my fingers and toes "die" on me before where they go all white with no blood flow unless I warm them up), which is also made worse since I'm a smoker. Hoping it will be good soon.

Vasocaine, not vasolene :-)