In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

Holly shit balls batman!

So Sorry this is happening to you bro.

Take care and see a doctor.

Good luck and you can post a pic if you upload your image to a image hosting company such as photobucket.com.

Honestly I don't want to share it because I don't want to feel shitty about the comments that will come after it. However if you look at my hello thread then you can see a photo of my other armpit by the same tattooer which healed perfect. 6 hours of realism in an armpit is hell, so the second time around i caved for the numbing spray. I've been speaking to other people who have had the same reaction and apparently it will take minimum 6 months for the skin to be ready to be tattooed again. Fortunately its in my armpit and not visible. Anyway folks, VASOCAINE - don't use it. And if you do use it, use it SPARINGLY. I met a guy who has work from guy/eddie/Cain/France/McDonald and more and his stuff healed beautifully. He said using the minimum amount is key. However after doing a lot of research I think this product is really bad news and really dangerous. The only way it's even available for tattoos is the technicality of it being a cosmetic beauty product, thereby bypassing things like FDA approval, clinical trials, etc. Rambling post sorry.

@Rad Kelham, Thanks for the advice and for sharing you experience. I saw your intro and for sure you work is not to joke around with. Awesome art you got going.

Just wanted to clarify that I am not after looking at how bad it was or is... Just wanted to see what to spot for in case I myself come across a similar situation this way I can catch it on time.

As for your last question: I been hospitalized for my calf tattoo I did when I was about 19 or so... It heal bad mostly because I was not educated on how to take care of it.

The same situation happen to my arm but not as bad...

The experience was so bad that it took me years to get over it. I couldn't walk for months. :(

I really thought I was allergic to tattoos but it was not the case at all... :P

Wow. Clearly something went wrong here. How little did you clean it?

I was working at a pizza shop and let flour and stuff get on it. Not the ideal situation! I thought for sure it would be all messed up, but thankfully it healed up fine. I cleaned it a couple times a day, but work had me in a dirty environment.

So I recently got a job at a coffee shop (Tim Hortons for all you Canadians out there) as a baker. Lots of lifting, water, sanitizer and possibly burning. I have an appointment for a large forearm eagle (wrist to elbow) in May, and I'm a bit worried about its healing. I know I'm going to have the first 5 days of the healing process off, since I have to travel for it, but for the rest of the time I'm going to be working.

They told me I was aloud to wear any long sleeve, black shirt under my uniform to protect it and keep skin flakes out of the food, but I'm not sure what kind of shirt would be ideal. Any idea? I was thinking some sort of athletic underarmour shirt, sinse it would be light weight and breatable, but I have no idea.

So I recently got a job at a coffee shop (Tim Hortons for all you Canadians out there) as a baker. Lots of lifting, water, sanitizer and possibly burning. I have an appointment for a large forearm eagle (wrist to elbow) in May, and I'm a bit worried about its healing. I know I'm going to have the first 5 days of the healing process off, since I have to travel for it, but for the rest of the time I'm going to be working.

They told me I was aloud to wear any long sleeve, black shirt under my uniform to protect it and keep skin flakes out of the food, but I'm not sure what kind of shirt would be ideal. Any idea? I was thinking some sort of athletic underarmour shirt, sinse it would be light weight and breatable, but I have no idea.

I've healed a lot of tattoos in less than ideal conditions. A leg sleeve in 95 degree Thailand weather. Leg and belly and hand tattoos while working as a carpenter. Lots of tattoos while living on a sailboat. In all of these cases I've have good results. On the other hand I've healed some tattoos under ideal conditions while working desk jobs, and had terrible results on a few occasions. Unless you're a scuba diving instructor there's not many jobs that will ruin your healing. Just baby the area in the critical first few days and be aware of it. And while you're at it get me a double double please.

They told me I was aloud to wear any long sleeve, black shirt under my uniform to protect it and keep skin flakes out of the food, but I'm not sure what kind of shirt would be ideal. Any idea? I was thinking some sort of athletic underarmour shirt, sinse it would be light weight and breathable, but I have no idea.

I'd say something a little more baggy would be better. If you have the first 5 days off you should be fine.

I would wear a cotton long sleeve tee with banding at the cuffs. That way you can tuck the bands into plastic gloves. I haven't had great luck with wearing under armour over healing tattoos as the fibers are fine and are constantly pulling at the scabs as the shirt stretches over your skin.

Ugh even the thought of wearing under armour over a healing tattoo is making me feel itchy all over.

I recently got tattoo on my chest, at first everything seems ok, but now after a month there are a lot of extra ink, here's the photo:

11076215_443372269155460_1452557464_n.jpg?oh=6bc99a17d68847203d1c6e2c17ce84d4&oe=5529A583&__gda__=1428716499_2295e939406ced36f1a258679edf8591

Anyone know is this gonna be ok? or i'll need some coverup or something

That's really strange and not OK. Never seen that before.

I would wear a cotton long sleeve tee with banding at the cuffs. That way you can tuck the bands into plastic gloves. I haven't had great luck with wearing under armour over healing tattoos as the fibers are fine and are constantly pulling at the scabs as the shirt stretches over your skin.

Ugh even the thought of wearing under armour over a healing tattoo is making me feel itchy all over.

Just curious. Who did the work? That's not OK at all.

the work was done by kid kros , he's one of the best tattoo artists in my country so I am 99% sure that that wasn't his fault.

WoW! Really???? I am surprise. This to me seems like line blowouts and somebody like him probably wouldn't make a mistake like that.... but I am not a pro... Is just what it looks like to me...

I hope some of the seniors can chime in.

Doesn't look like blowout to me. I've never seen that. Almost looks like you have some skin condition that caused the ink to bleed out in those striations. Really strange. Curious to hear what the pros say. I asked my boss - a tattooer since 1989 - and he has never seen that

Doesn't look like blowout to me. I've never seen that. Almost looks like you have some skin condition that caused the ink to bleed out in those striations. Really strange. Curious to hear what the pros say. I asked my boss - a tattooer since 1989 - and he has never seen that

That makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification!

Rad you hitting any expo/conventions any time soon?

That makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification!

Rad you hitting any expo/conventions any time soon?

I've never been as a collector...no interest in getting on stage in a thong or getting tattooed in such a public environment. However my boss attends the Portland convention so I'll probably be at that next time around!

Hey man relax. We still don't know what happened. Have you shown Kid Kros? Did you do anything unusual during the healing, like swimming, exposure to chemicals, fuck a hooker, etc?

He said that is lymph, and than I must wash that with soap and warm water after tattoo healed up totally, but nothing happened.

No I didn't do anything unusual..