In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

I thought you were kidding when you first asked that. :D

No, I didn't see a hooker during the healing, and also I didn't use any drugs or anything like that.

At first I was thinking that was happened because I was drinking some antibiotics (some sort of penicillin) a month before getting tattoed because I had accident with motorbike 3 month ago, and I asked my doctor about that. He told me that couldn't be connected in any way with this because that antibiotics stays in my body just for a day

New tattoo on lower left leg, healing well. Ankle is still a bit fucked though! The saturday before getting tattooed was wearing 4inch wedge heal boots and, tripped on loose paving, went straight down on left knee and lightly sprained ankle. Lots of bruising and swelling on knee, and some on leg. When went to get tattooed on tuesday, wasn't too bad. Just strapped it up with sport tape. First thing he did when he saw me was ask what happened to knee, he was concerned about the bruising but after pressing down hard on it and, I didn't flinch he was happy enough. So yeah the strain of hobbling with new leg tattoo and the ankle is proving a bit much, but fuck, have had worse, will live.

H R himself currently looks like he's been in a fight! lol There is some redness and swelling along one side of his face. Also some light swelling from ankle up to top of his hand.

Swelling on knee from fall, was away by time went to get tattooed, though fully expect it to swell again due to tattoo. Fuck it, life's too short, will live and will all be worth it when it's healed. Already know what I want for knees and back of thighs and fillers... yeah we did a lot of talking about future work before he started the session.

Taking paracetamol in morning and in the evening and, that feeling when first put foot down in the morning or after it's been up for a while, fuck that hurts. Not complaining, a small price to pay.

Edit: Bruising has started! Bruising heavily around side of his face, side where hand is, in between space of it and the angel. Bruising on knee has now spread to on top of his face.

>wearing 4inch wedge heal boots<

What you dear ladies go through! (NOT complaining!) I do think the wedge heels look to be safer than spikes. I had a student in spike heeled open-toed shoes that I had to have put on my old steel toes (at least five sizes to big for her) before permitting her on the factory floor where we have uneven floor plates.

@pidjones yeah thanks... I could not wear spikes, fuck could you imagine the damage I'd do to myself wearing them?! I'm bad enough in wedge heel boots!

and tattoo update... HR looks like he's been a fight! What with the redness, swelling and bruising on his face, oh and a few mins ago... the fucking itch started! Bepanthen is close by and, it's not going anywhere! All part of the fun though, right? Remind me again, why we do this to ourselves? :p

Yeah, @SeeSea the hobbling is worse than the actual tattoo. I don't feel pain getting tattooed, but do feel pain afterwards. I did laugh getting it done, during a few times when was awake, but did sleep for most of it. To be honest, I think it's worse this time around the hobbling, (more like limping lol) 'cause lightly sprained ankle before hand. Was bad today, cause had no sport tape left. And so had none on my ankle. Once got home from town, strapped ankle up again with sport tape and, it's getting there. Yeah probably wasn't the best of ideas to get tattooed on same leg that managed to sprain my ankle on, but fuck it! At the end of the day, it was my choice and, am not complaining.

Ah well, all part of the fun right? :)

Back to work today after Easter break and in jeans, the jeans I have are bootcut so they are loose at the leg, ideal for healing leg tattoos :) lots asked "why you limping... oh wait, new tattoo? Can I see?" lol showed them on phone then carefully lifted up jean leg to show, won't be showing anyone until it's healed. Tonight it really does look bad! Still bit of redness and swelling and bruising, fuck it's bruising bad! Tattooist said it would 'cause of fall, but am okay. Loving everyone's reaction to it. Poor H R really does look like he's been in a fight! lol

Itchy not too bad, fortunate am able to apply bepanthen at my desk as and when I need too.

I got tattooed on my inner forearm one week ago. Dude is a banger, runs his machines fast and works even faster. It was my first tattoo in over 4 years (I have about 50 hours of work prior to that), so I had forgotten what it was like. I'm 32 now and I've noticed that minor cuts and scratches don't heal as quickly as before and tend to scar. I've worked in the ski industry and slicing my hand on a dirty metal ski edge was almost a guaranteed small infection/scar. Honestly, I was afraid to get a tattoo (researching "tattoo infection" will make you never want one ever again haha). I went for it, since I'm an apprentice now and needed to be reminded of what my clients are going through. The process was obviously uncomfortable, but I have had never experienced swelling, redness, and bruising like this before. It was just below the elbow ditch and swelling went all the way down to just above the wrist. It developed a pretty thick scab in some areas and deep redness nearest to the ditch. I used a combination of Lubriderm, H2Ocean aquatat, and Ohana Organics tattoo butter (which is my favorite). It was looking pretty gnarly the other day, like I'll show you a picture and not the actual tattoo, gnarly. Anyway, today it has been one week and most of the scab has come off and there's a mega rad, clean, expert tattoo emerging. Moral of the story: It's going to look bad before it looks good. Clean it gently, apply minimal amounts of lotion with clean hands, icing it helped SO much and don't freak out. Also, inner forearm kinda sucks. I have a bunch of tattoos in easy spots, but have my entire chest and my hand/knuckles done and inner forearm, in that little baby meat, and it was the worst yet.

I got a zit in my new tattoo and boy does it itch! Too much lotion :(

Definitely on the bigger ones from now on I think I'll go dry for the first week. Had about seven ingrown hairs after putting on a very thin coat of a&d. Thank god it was all between lines! I've really only felt ok putting lotion on it regularly this past week, almost a MONTH after the work! And I'm going in for shading saturday, so the lotion goes back on the shelf.

yeah i have had sometimes where i dont like how the area is reacting when i put ointment or lotion - at that point i usually back off and just go with the 'clean and dry' mentality

i'm a less is more guy anyway - i always think best thing is fresh air - couple cleanings a day - real thin on the a/d for maybe 2-3 days - then lotion - maybe - maybe not

Got my biggest tattoo yet over the weekend, way heavier than the others I've gotten. I'm only three days in (got it Saturday night), and I can already tell the difference in how this one's healing. The scary thing is I think I can see some patches of psoriasis showing up around the tattoo, and I really, REALLY hope that it doesn't become an issue. The psoriasis never attacked any of my other tattoos, but this one involved much more puncturing of my skin. Gonna continue with the healing and lubriderm and see how it progresses, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit concerned.

I can finally wear a bra again without my shoulders feeling like they're on fire. yay! Also, my children have a new (gross) game....peeling the colored flakes off my shoulders. My 5-year-old was thrilled when one of the dots (one of my new pieces is a large mandala lotus) came off in one piece. She was pretty miffed when she accidentally dropped it and lost it in the bathroom.

I can finally wear a bra again without my shoulders feeling like they're on fire. yay! Also, my children have a new (gross) game....peeling the colored flakes off my shoulders. My 5-year-old was thrilled when one of the dots (one of my new pieces is a large mandala lotus) came off in one piece. She was pretty miffed when she accidentally dropped it and lost it in the bathroom.

peeling?

I thought you weren't suppose to peel them but let them fall on their own?

peeling?

I thought you weren't suppose to peel them but let them fall on their own?

They're not pulling off anything that isn't about to fall off on its own. I'd never let them sit there and actually pick at me---I didn't fly cross country and spend all that money to let my kids ruin my new art! :)

They're not pulling off anything that isn't about to fall off on its own. I'd never let them sit there and actually pick at me---I didn't fly cross country and spend all that money to let my kids ruin my new art! :)

lol. ok.

Healing an entire back is no joke. Being itchy from your shoulders to your arse is likely to make anyone go crazy. My coworkers can see how uncomfortable I am, so they volunteer their nails and scratch my back without my consent, which causes me to run away yelling "fresh tattoo, fresh tattoo!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk