In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

tattoo update, oh those "lovely scabs" are starting to form, itchy state slowly getting worse, fuck I hate this stage! Bepanthen not far away! Co-workers today noticed am walking properly again lol one who hadn't seen me since before Easter break asked how I was, said she had heard got new tattoo. Showed her on phone and, she gave me that look. That look that screamed sympathy but also tainted with "you're fucking crazy!"

Aim to make trip to Belfast at the end of the month to book in for next one, which am looking forward to already.

so I got my second tattoo 2 days ago and I felt like something wasn't right when I looked at it the next day but people around me keeping saying this is normal. I'll post a photo so people can tell me what they think but I did notice that between yesterday and today the ink around the actual tattoo has risen towards the top of my skin rather than expanding out and that yesterday it looked a lot worse! I feel like I may have a blowout but don't know because I'm no expert with tattoos but I went to a reputable place and have been taking good care of it. I don't remember my other tattoo ever doing this and I know tattoos will never be perfect but they also shouldn't look like this. Everything I have looked up about blowouts haven't helped! Pic is on my profile because I couldnt upload it correctly on here

New to the site. I'm getting new work tomorrow on a pretty decent sized area from mid back to top of shoulder. My plan is to Tegaderm heal because I have patients that may try to grab my shoulders/back from time to time during the day. Hoping it helps with bra strap issues as well. Will report back after tomorrows tattoo session!

Just got something done Saturday afternoon. Man, is this thing bruised and hurting. Of course, also have a couple of spots that are freaking me out. Super bright, for whatever reason, while the rest is dark and scab-covered

Bruising and sensitivity of the area of or around the tattoo is normal and common. Skin is different and can heal differently. Generally you want to keep your tattoo from getting any scabs what-so-ever, but sometimes scabs can occur (especially on larger pieces when you're not used to healing them) The best course of action would be to talk to the artist that did your tattoo, because they will generally know more about what is going on with the healing process and be able to help.

Bruising and sensitivity of the area of or around the tattoo is normal and common. Skin is different and can heal differently. Generally you want to keep your tattoo from getting any scabs what-so-ever, but sometimes scabs can occur (especially on larger pieces when you're not used to healing them) The best course of action would be to talk to the artist that did your tattoo, because they will generally know more about what is going on with the healing process and be able to help.

Oh believe me, I've been through all of this before. This is my 11th tattoo. I have sensitive skin and I don't eat great, so I run in to issues healing all the time. Final product always ends up looking good, though!

So, I went in for my tattoo today! I came prepared with my Tegaderm sheets to show the artist and I was fully prepared to have him shoot them down and just go with his healing plan but he raved about them and asked how I got the 8X12 sheets. He normally does a dry wrap method for two days and then just regular Aveeno green cap lotion and wash, etc... but he said if he could, he would use Tegaderm and they heal the best. I left him 8 sheets to give to use on other people and he was grateful. I was glad I'd done my homework. I LOVE my new tattoo. Will post a pic in other thread soon but I dropped my phone without knowing it and then ran over the damn thing this morning with my SUV so I'm without pics for a day. Quite an expensive day for me, but a fun one anyway. Will post re: the Tegaderm healing after a few days.

This healing period has been so weird. Usually I flake heavily...no flakes this time that I've seen. Just thicker skin, and a raised outline that feels like a seam.

And the itching has been SO TERRIBLE. The outside of my forearm/wrist gets these sharp stingy itches that feel like bug bites, and the upper back of my arm gets tickles that run down the nerves in my armpit. AUGH.

Always a friggin' adventure.

the worst part for me wasn't getting the tattoo, cause I was down to go even longer, but the healing part sucked SO BAD. Itching all the damn time, oozing out ink and shit the first couple days. But it's all worth it man, just to see the finished product finally healed and whatnot.

So as soon as I finish healing from one, I went back in for work on my sleeve, and now I feel like someone has burned the inside of my arm. Sleeping was fun last night since we did color on the inside of my arm, and outlines on the outside of my arm, so finding a way to sleep so that nothing new was in contact with the sheets was damn near impossible. Oh well. Looks awesome.

Ugh, I just hurt. Only four hours of shading and coloring on my forearm, about a 3 inch band for my 3/4 sleeve yesterday. It sucks. Feeling like ground beef chuck. But she's beautiful, the only thing that will keep me moving forward.

Eight days after my shoulder cameo. First peal finished (finally!) Milk skin covering it now. It will peal also (but with no color loss) if it goes like my other ones. Used Sarah's Tattoo Aftercare until the first peal was over, now using Gold Bond Ultimate Healing with Aloe. This was my most solid ink coverage, but other than stinging mildly like a sunburn, no problem. I avoided sleeping on it just for fear of damaging the tattoo, and woke up on it one morning.

I see that this thread is from 2014, buuutt, I found my wrist's were extremely annoying to heal. They'd get super itchy if they came in contact with the sleeves of my shirt so I found myself having to keep my sleeves rolled up in the middle of winter. Don't know if anyone else has had that problem with healing wrist's or not but damn. Also when I had to bend my wrists and the skin was super tight it was also really annoying.

Edit: whoops didn't see people were still keeping this thread active haha :)