In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

On 1/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, purplelace said:

Please note that the comment that follows is not meant to be disrespectful, I am just curious. 

Why would you use Aveeno on a new tattoo? Why would you put that on what is effectively an open wound? Is it a common practice is America? Because,  I would not consider putting a moisturising lotion on a new tattoo, on a fresh, healing tattoo. To me, that is all sorts of wrong. 

Well, I'm neither a (medical) doctor, nor a tattoo artist, but I did have a small skin biopsy a couple of years ago, and the instructions for care afterwards did include applying e.g. aquaphor 24 hours after to reduce the chance of scarring.... (FWIW....)

I have a problem. I got this ten days ago. I feel like he was pressing too hard into my skin. I cleaned it with antibacterial soap. He told me to leave it alone and let it heal itself. Now there is thick scabbing and in crevices I swear I see flesh. What do I do to prevent infection and help the healing process. I have a lot of tattoos and this has never happened. I’m sorry if this is the wrong place I have never forummed before 

F42CFC5C-41FA-49DA-91BC-54A72D63173B.jpeg

55457409-D98A-471A-B419-D149C3CFA1F6.jpeg

B00A3FEC-A69C-4856-B10D-454745B97357.jpeg

@PinkUnicorn I had to look up aquaphor, as it's not a product I am familiar with. It says it's a healing ointment, which is fair enough, but that is not what I asked. 

Never mind, it doesn't matter, I was just curious. 

My knee is now into the 3rd week of healing, as of today. Which to be fair, I was expecting. It actually didn't experience much "oh my feck, it itches so much" this time around. Maybe because it was on the knee? Or maybe it's because my body has got used to the after tattoo process? Either way, not complaining too :)  I expect it to be another few days before it is fully healed. But it is on track :)

On 20/01/2018 at 9:00 PM, purplelace said:

Please note that the comment that follows is not meant to be disrespectful, I am just curious. 

Why would you use Aveeno on a new tattoo? Why would you put that on what is effectively an open wound? Is it a common practice is America? Because,  I would not consider putting a moisturising lotion on a new tattoo, on a fresh, healing tattoo. To me, that is all sorts of wrong. 

No offence taken at all. 

I'm actually in the UK. I don't start using the Aveeno unscented until the tattoo has dried and/or scabbed. That's when I'll stop using the Hustle Butter and switch to the Aveeno as it's thinner and lighter. I just used a very small amount, spread sparingly over the skin. It's helps stop the itching and that tight, sore feeling. I don't see anything too odd in what I do :35_thinking: I've seen it recommended on here more than once. 

1 hour ago, purplelace said:

@Alicia Thanks and so am I, it's not not something I have heard of, until I saw it on this forum.

Was just curious <shrugs>  :) I haven't even heard of Hustle Butter either before this forum. 

Edited by Alicia
Dodgy formatting.

5 hours ago, purplelace said:

Knee update: It is now fully healed :)  But still heavy bruising, so going to wait for that to go away before I take healed pics. 

no pics !??! just a tease !?!? not fair :(

LOL  just having fun.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Autumn young said:

I just got my first tattoo and I’m about 5 days in and I’m worried it’s not healing properly, any suggestions ?? In the picture I have some ointment on it but it’s forming big scabs and I’m worried some of the ink is lifting. 75830419-35C9-4926-BDDC-EE0B20B03F25.thumb.jpeg.427ddd07caa87dbb37e62c800454d541.jpeg

Looks like you're using too much ointment. You don't want to overdo it: less is more, it should be moist but it also needs to breathe. Scabs'll happen. Let it heal on its own time then you'll see if you need a touch up.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GanjahMan420 said:

Sup guys!

Im planing on getting a tattoo on my right arm. I work in a car shop and there is a lot of dust and oil. Any advice of how could i take care of my brand tattoo at work???

Any advice would help, Thanks!

I have used this many many times with great success https://saniderm.com/

the secret to using it is to let the tattoo heal for the first 20 hours or so and then apply the saniderm, leave it on for 5 or 6 days and BAM ! it's good to go.

Edited by Dan

• 2 weeks later...

had two pieces touched up last Wednesday.

So now its Friday...I am  still wearing the tegaderm, and it is starting to itch......I love when the skin tightens after the session. And comes then the dreaded itch comes..MUST RESIST the urge to rub or scratch..LOL

I just got a tattoo a week ago, this is how my tattoo looks a week after I got another tattoo by the same artist and the second one looks so much better. Should I be worried about infection, or did she go too deep and mess up or am I just completely screwed with this tattoo. It looks horrible now....

B66ADA88-508C-4A51-A31A-FF3FD5669F89.jpeg

ABOUT THIS BLOG

I just got a tattoo a week ago, this is how my tattoo looks a week after I got another tattoo by the same artist and the second one looks so much better. Should I be worried about infection, or did she go too deep and mess up or am I just completely screwed with this tattoo. It looks horrible now....

B0769E02-51C0-434F-ADAB-54942F90F7C2.jpeg