In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

On 4/7/2018 at 3:16 AM, Nancy said:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

I just got a tattoo a week ago, this is how my tattoo looks a week after I got another tattoo by the same artist and the second one looks so much better. Should I be worried about infection, or did she go too deep and mess up or am I just completely screwed with this tattoo. It looks horrible now....

First this isn't the thread for this kind of question. Second the time passed between photos is unclear, at least to me. The first photo looks like a standard fresh and angry tattoo.  I think you might not have followed the aftercare instructions for it to look like that.  Lastly go to your artist and then possibly a medical professional, if you are worried ask them, we aren't professionals and we don't know what you did for aftercare.

I'm feeling blessed right now. I got my most recent tattoo Thursday (that's 4 days ago, for future reference) and it's already mostly done healing, I just have a couple stubborn spots left to peel. It's been the easiest one I've had in a long time. Maybe it's because it's so small (about a 3 inch square). Small tattoos rule. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting my right arm sleeve finished off, and it is such a large area that the itching is driving me nuts. I just started trying Beauty Brew Tattoo Aftercare, and it helps with the itching a lot. It's pretty natural stuff, which I like, and it is really great to not have nonstop itching. If you haven't tried it, give it a go.

(By the way, this isn't an ad—another heavily tattooed guy recommended it, and it rules. I paid for it like every one else, but I love it and wanted to tell you guys about it.)

4 hours ago, purplelace said:

Tattoo is now fully healed :) Took a bit over the 2 weeks, which I thought it would. Going to let it "bed in" before take healed pics. I am beyond happy with it. 

It isn't fully healed. That doesn't happen in two weeks. Great that you like it, though. :-)

On 5/5/2018 at 1:22 PM, purplelace said:

@oboogie It's healed in the sense that there are no more scabs. I know it isn't "fully, fully healed" It's not my first tattoo lol I would have figured that most here would know what I mean. And thanks 

Well, because there are newbies here, it's best to be clear. And you're welcome,

12 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Hey @oboogie, what's not healed? 

I jacked mine up by wearing jeans on day four, so I have a nice crusty scab on the outside hinge that just won't heal. I am sure that it will but F. 

purpleplace said his/her tattoo was healed after two weeks. Just clarifying it isn't for those who don't know. :-)

My chest tattoo is healing well. But there are sections where he went in black them came over with red. It's already raised, swollen, and scabby after three days. I'm assuming this is just was. A little more overworked than any infection.  

Also, I normally tegaderm, but it just won't work for this one. I tried using hustle butter, but doesn't seem to do as well as curell or Aveeno. It's day 3, soni just moved on to avenno, guess it's fine.

Edited by Jkeith

@oboogie to clarify I said my tattoo was healed in the sense I stopped aftercare, after 2 weeks. It was in fact 2 and half weeks. I also said I was giving it time to "bed in". Now, I appreciate you may not be familiar with this phrase, so I will explain. "to bed in", means to give it time to settle in, to complete healing. And for the record, I am female :)

It was easier for this knee healing wise, than my other knee. Which struck me as odd since it was my bad knee, but not complaining :)

Yes it does take at least 4 weeks for a tattoo to fully heal, it takes 4 weeks for your body to heal/recover after a tattoo. Depending on what way you wish to word it.  

@Gingerninja how is your little froggie doing? :)

@realsis looks good so far :) 

8 hours ago, realsis said:

Hi everyone just got this part up my leg today. Hope it heals as easily as my foot did! What do you all think of it? It's a cherry blossom. ed9b17323342bec19129f9a6f0c59e64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think it's a beautiful tattoo,it fits your leg just right,very nice !

from my experience the skin on that part of your leg will heal nicely,it's an easy heal area IMO.

and welcome to the forum AND the addiction ! 

Edited by Dan

I think it's a beautiful tattoo,it fits your leg just right,very nice !
from my experience the skin on that part of your leg will heal nicely,it's an easy heal area IMO.
and welcome to the forum AND the addiction ! 
Thank you! Today it's really hot but not too much swelling. My foot swelled a lot but I'm hoping this won't be too bad! Thanks for your support!♡

Thank you! Today it's really hot but not too much swelling. My foot swelled a lot but I'm hoping this won't be too bad! Thanks for your support!♡

Day 2 still quite swollen and hot but no real redness. Do you all think I should add a few more flowers? Should I stop here or bring it up the entire leg? Your ideas are welcome!a14478ce88bc9d235a95889d6e9c3fcd.jpg