In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

"When did you buy and eat fruity pebbles?"

"What?"

"There are fruity pebbles all over the couch!"

"O those are just skin flakes from my healing tattoo."

ps. fruity pebbles are a great cereal and i haven't eaten them for years.

I also call those fruity pebbles!

• 2 months later...

It's probably always this bad and I just immediately forget as soon as it's no longer a problem, but my back is ITCHY AS FUCKING HELL. So a couple minutes ago I was in the print shop, noticed I was alone, and started to slap my back like a crazy person. This was of course the moment that someone decided to lead in a tour group of BFA applicants and their parents. I'm guessing not many of them will be declaring printmaking majors.

It's probably always this bad and I just immediately forget as soon as it's no longer a problem, but my back is ITCHY AS FUCKING HELL. So a couple minutes ago I was in the print shop, noticed I was alone, and started to slap my back like a crazy person. This was of course the moment that someone decided to lead in a tour group of BFA applicants and their parents. I'm guessing not many of them will be declaring printmaking majors.

just patting yourself on the back for a job well done.

Yesssss, i have been looking for this thread! I am three weeks into healing my calves and chest from SFO and I have never had anything ITCH so bad ever.....like catch-myself-scratching-in-the-middle-of-the-night-while-I-am-sleeping itchy. I walk around all day like Tyrone from the Chappelle show.

Ima go and buy the anti-itch Aveeno today. I'll let y'all know how that goes.

On the plus side, I have a new empathy for crackheads. Ummmm, that's good right?

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed! It was much worse than getting the tattoo.

After getting it I thought "that was nothing, I'll be getting more". But the itching will make me think about it.

I always get so psyched for a tattoo and completely forget about healing it and all of the fun that goes along with that... I'm starting to catch on now (after 6 years) and scheduled my next one for the end of the work week :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropping in for a quick moan about my elbow. Had the upper 2/3 done yesterday which hurt a bit, obviously. But fuuuuuuk is it sore today. Not to mention hot and swollen. Oww. Am well chuffed with it though :o

- - - Updated - - -

here, just after clean up with quite a bit of warping from the swelling and the position it was taken from.

045d03364612f380ee31791a036b17f0.jpg

The one above it its not quite settled in yet.

heck, that really must be sore! Do you have a photo? Not had that area worked on at all yet, all things in time.

Had a couple of other pieces coloured yesterday (same arm) but the elbow is distracting completely from any discomfort they might be wanting to give. Bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Er yeah, sorry, probably shouldn't be asking for photos of a stranger's arse...