In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Pugilist

Anyone have experience washing tattoo ink out of clothes? I've had some leakage.

I made the mistake of wearing a brand new white t-shirt to bed the night after getting lots of colouring done on my backpiece. Glad to say that it all came out in the wash.

3326mfn.png

Every time the ink has come out, except for one area of a grey t-shirt I was sleeping in. It's a little dark but maybe in a handful more washes it will be gone.

I use regular soap and water and scrub at the ink, using my fingernails if necessary. Then throw it in the wash. Sometimes I've used the Spray and Wash stuff if the material is lighter colored and the ink is dark.

@ThatGuy - haha funny! That generally happens the first day or so after we work on my back, and sometimes there's enough ink and colors to make out the sea critter we worked on! I can't figure out what you had done, though. Kinda looks like a rorschach test of a ship.

@ThatGuy - haha funny! That generally happens the first day or so after we work on my back, and sometimes there's enough ink and colors to make out the sea critter we worked on! I can't figure out what you had done, though. Kinda looks like a rorschach test of a ship.

I believe that most of that colour is from an eagle. I've actually never thought about it before, but now when I did, I realised that you can see it quite clearly.

@Breakme - whatever is working for you, just keep doing it - no itchies would be heaven! I think the healthy route you are doing would be best - I am trying to treat the healing process like I am getting over a cold and have to take care of myself. And the fact that I seem to be fighting a cold isn't helping much! Good luck and don't jinx the healing.

I was once getting close to my appointment and came down with a bad sinus infection. It was pretty much over by the time I took to the chair but I was worried I'd have to postpone it. I was on antibiotics for 10 days and over it but still a little weaker than usual.

I'm on a roll for the past couple of years with things that may or has derailed my appointment. Food poisoning, death in the family, wife in surgery, etc.

Rob

I'm on a roll for the past couple of years with things that may or has derailed my appointment. Food poisoning, death in the family, wife in surgery, etc.

Rob

Ugh - sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets itself sorted out and get back on track.

It has been 6 days since I got tattooed on the back of my calf. The top of it goes just into the beginning of my knee ditch. I work in a factory and have to stand/walk/bend down/pick things up, all dang day, and oh boy is it ever painful when I have to squat down to pick something up. I have 4 days off, yay long weekend, so hopefully a good bit that's peeling will fall off by the time I have to go back in.

It is also an apprentice tattoo, something that should've taken 3ish hours, that ended up taking almost 5 hours, and I nearly tapped out, twice, which has never happened to me.

Ugh - sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets itself sorted out and get back on track.

Thanks. Last year in a matter of 3 weeks, my dad passed away and my wife had major cancer surgery, so I was spread real thin and couldn't be in 2 places at the same time. Now my dear wife is in chemo and hitting a rough patch but is expected to rally from it.

Had the outline on my full sleeve done on Friday, and now the itch from hell has begun and my inner bicep is still pretty sore and red. Don't you just love the healing part? Barely got any sleep the first night but slept for almost 11hours last night, guess I needed some recovery. Back for shading in about 3 weeks and we'll start all this lovely stuff all over again!

Thanks. Last year in a matter of 3 weeks, my dad passed away and my wife had major cancer surgery, so I was spread real thin and couldn't be in 2 places at the same time. Now my dear wife is in chemo and hitting a rough patch but is expected to rally from it.

Oh man, that sounds really rough. Sending good thoughts to you and your family!

Help everyone! I got my calf tattooed and everything was ok. Now that the scabs are falling off, it got swollen and red, like they were pimples on it. Actually, a couple of pimples appeared near it. Perhaps I'm using too much cream? Should I "let it breath" and then see what happens?

Enviado desde mi GT-P3113 mediante Tapatalk

Twice now I couldn't go swimming while my arm heals -- I know: boo f*ckin hoo. Got called a "party pooper" by a six-year-old at yesterday's pool party (and deserved it). I thought tattoos were supposed to make you look cool -- not like a dork sitting there in your long-sleeved shirt while everybody else has fun in the sun.

Twice now I couldn't go swimming while my arm heals -- I know: boo f*ckin hoo. Got called a "party pooper" by a six-year-old at yesterday's pool party (and deserved it). I thought tattoos were supposed to make you look cool -- not like a dork sitting there in your long-sleeved shirt while everybody else has fun in the sun.

Yeah boo hoo, meanwhile I was the one in the pool getting splashed in the face by a bunch of crazed lunatic 6 yr olds. Jealous?! Ok it was pretty fun. To them you are just a party pooper, you're going to have to do something really great next bday party to reverse this image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a little after two weeks, and pretty much everything's been doing all right with the exception of like two spots where a little bit of ink fell out, but this morning I noticed some slightly itchy, but non-red bumps along my outer thigh where some lining was done. Being the rational person I am, I immediately googled it and freaked about the possibility of MRSA.

Really though, this is a normal thing, right? It's been healing like a dream otherwise; I'm well into my second peel and with a bit of lotion on, it looks great.

It's been a little after two weeks, and pretty much everything's been doing all right with the exception of like two spots where a little bit of ink fell out, but this morning I noticed some slightly itchy, but non-red bumps along my outer thigh where some lining was done. Being the rational person I am, I immediately googled it and freaked about the possibility of MRSA.

Really though, this is a normal thing, right? It's been healing like a dream otherwise; I'm well into my second peel and with a bit of lotion on, it looks great.

What kind of bump is it? If there's no red or other discoloration it's not an infection. I still have a little scab/bump from the tattoo I got 2 months ago. I expect it to fall off without causing problems.

What kind of bump is it? If there's no red or other discoloration it's not an infection. I still have a little scab/bump from the tattoo I got 2 months ago. I expect it to fall off without causing problems.

Ok, that's reassuring. There isn't any discoloration but it does make the lines in that area look a little wonky and wiggly from the raised bits. Maybe I've been overdoing the lotion or there's irritation from my clothes. I think I'll just leave it alone for a few days.

We have sheets/ shirts specifically for healing ... Needless to say between the two of us my white sheets haven't been used in a while.

I think my specific sheets for healing are all the ones in my house right now! I'm going to buy new sheets with a "thou shalt strip these from the bed immediately before a session" placard.