Pugilist

In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

15 hours ago, purplelace said:

@oboogie to clarify I said my tattoo was healed in the sense I stopped aftercare, after 2 weeks. It was in fact 2 and half weeks. I also said I was giving it time to "bed in". Now, I appreciate you may not be familiar with this phrase, so I will explain. "to bed in", means to give it time to settle in, to complete healing. And for the record, I am female :)

It was easier for this knee healing wise, than my other knee. Which struck me as odd since it was my bad knee, but not complaining :)

Yes it does take at least 4 weeks for a tattoo to fully heal, it takes 4 weeks for your body to heal/recover after a tattoo. Depending on what way you wish to word it.  

@Gingerninja how is your little froggie doing? :)

@realsis looks good so far :) 

I don't know what you being female has to do with anything? I am also female. So?

I know what "bed in" means. Why do you think I don't? I feel liking your being contrary for sport. Why are we having so much trouble communicating? Hahaha. :4_joy:

And no. Tattoos aren't healed in four weeks, either. It takes months. It is superficially healed after a few weeks. But it is not healed. Anyway, have a fine evening! :14_relaxed:

36 minutes ago, realsis said:

Day 2 still quite swollen and hot but no real redness. Do you all think I should add a few more flowers? Should I stop here or bring it up the entire leg? Your ideas are welcome!a14478ce88bc9d235a95889d6e9c3fcd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks great. Very pretty. :-)

14 hours ago, realsis said:

Day 2 still quite swollen and hot but no real redness. Do you all think I should add a few more flowers? Should I stop here or bring it up the entire leg? Your ideas are welcome!

I have both my hands tattooed and my hands swell a lot ! the pain level in my hands was not bad at all,but they puff up pretty good.so don't worry about the swelling, pretty normal IMO and it will go away,just try and keep your feet elevated as much as possible and take some OTC anti-inflammatory.

and IMO up the entire leg would look pretty fuckin' nice.

Edited by Dan

Hey @purplelace, it's healing. The scab is gone but there's a 1/2" section that's still raised and settling in. I bet it will be another two weeks before that area is completely healed. Thankfully, I work mostly from home so I can wear shorts and keep my leg elevated. :) Thank you for asking!

I have both my hands tattooed and my hands swell a lot ! the pain level in my hands was not bad at all,but they puff up pretty good.so don't worry about the swelling, pretty normal IMO and it will go away,just try and keep your feet elevated as much as possible and take some OTC anti-inflammatory.
and IMO up the entire leg would look pretty fuckin' nice.
Thanks! Cant believe how swollen ankle and calf ended up! Especially where he connected the two tattoos. But it doesn't hurt and it's not in the itching stage yet. I dont have any redness just swelling. I'm looking forward to taking the tattoo farther up but have to do little at a time because I'm short on$$. It will get finished someday. Hopefully soon.

So I got this tattoo done on April 15th and everything else has healed fine but this spot hasn't and it really bugs me lol... my tattoo artist says it will heal with time is there anything I can do to speed it upa8cb50102685c0507b32f297e96399d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This should most likely go in the Ladies Thread...I cannot wait to shave. This summer has been the summer of the post tattoo, healing, hairy legs. I am blonde so it is not overwhelming visible but if the light hits just right, it's so furry. 

16 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

This should most likely go in the Ladies Thread...I cannot wait to shave. This summer has been the summer of the post tattoo, healing, hairy legs. I am blonde so it is not overwhelming visible but if the light hits just right, it's so furry. 

We need pictures.

This is 7 days after my first tattoo. Any advice for me because I have been doing research but wanted to see what others experiences are during this time line. 

I talked to my artist and sent a photo. 

I used aquaphor and I think it irritated part of the heavily worked areas. (Blue )

does it appear to be a reaction to product or over worked? I don’t have any visual references. Thanks all.

5CC7921C-FA3B-46E4-B2E4-61D21FF09B30.jpeg

723826C3-3ECE-427A-B1E3-C110CA9880EA.jpeg

B16DA916-7289-48E3-81A1-7DFD836BF366.jpeg

Edited by Cosmo
Adding updated photos

Hi all !

Yesterday I made my first tattoo here in Lisbon, Portugal.

Yesterday it looked like this:

1e1b13e1faef41e0bf6c51e15328a139.png&key=1a2700cd6369164da3c23679d0a40f9456c92572c101198895fd9466e10633ca

Today the blue color is a bit strange, like this:

ba1822928e08704ae951331a8a2ab368.jpg&key=78bd6393c2691f4ca2c9c26dc18a5bb94c0ccbd1d9b4bb591035a087a57a74de

After the tattoo yesterday I wear a plastic for 3 hours, then cleaned with water and glicerina soap, and applied some kind of ointment whit aloe Vera and other stuff.

I slept with a new plastic around the tattoo this night and today cleaned it well, like I was told at the shop.

Do you think there is something wrong ?

I’m really a newbie in this subject...

Thanks for your help !

17 minutes ago, sendas said:

Hi all !

1e1b13e1faef41e0bf6c51e15328a139.png&key=1a2700cd6369164da3c23679d0a40f9456c92572c101198895fd9466e10633ca

ba1822928e08704ae951331a8a2ab368.jpg&key=78bd6393c2691f4ca2c9c26dc18a5bb94c0ccbd1d9b4bb591035a087a57a74de

After the tattoo yesterday I wear a plastic for 3 hours, then cleaned with water and glicerina soap, and applied some kind of ointment whit aloe Vera and other stuff.

I slept with a new plastic around the tattoo this night and today cleaned it well, like I was told at the shop.

Thanks for your help !

It's too soon to tell. Here is a cool song to help reenforce this message...

19 minutes ago, sendas said:

Hi all !

Thanks for your help !

no doesn't look like anything went wrong,

it's called "healing"

On 8/24/2018 at 2:55 AM, Gingerninja said:

@Cosmo It's way too soon to tell anything. Keep it clean and lightly moisturize...and don't pick at it. 🙂  If any area gets red, swollen or you see pus then call a doctor. Otherwise, it looks like a tattoo that is in the process of healing. Leave ANY scabs alone!

@Gingerninja I noticed a small amount of “pus” that came out two days ago. It is red around the edge where that was happening. I felt a piece fall off today and underneath is wet of course ... I call the advice nurse and talked to a dr. I got prescribed a topical cream and medication to be safe. It feels hot and I feel like something is not quite right in the dark blue areas as they are very lumpy and strange feeling/sensitive. Thanks for your comments. I will keep that in mind as well.

hi guys!

i've got a lot of tattoes but this one is driving me crazy . if u can help me it will be really nice!!!

this is my evolution:

a soft scab peeled of my skin after a shower...

the tattoo was sensitive during all the week, today is getting better i guess!

let me know your opinion ...peace!

( i used an antibiotic to prevent any form of infection under medical prescription)

tatoo3.jpg

tatoo5.jpg

tatoo7.jpg

Edited by alinjo91

Looks ok, but leave it alone. 

Never let a fresh tattoo get wet enough for scabs to get anywhere close to being soft. 

I don't see any real need for antibiotics, but personally I shy away from anything that keeps a dry wound moist.