Pugilist

In this thread, we commiserate about healing our fresh tattoos.

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, SStu said:

Normal stuff for a ditch. Very common re-touch area, just try to keep it clean. 

Great thanks, that’s the answer I was hoping to hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone down the dry healing route for the latest after the crap with the last one - 4 days in and do you know what, I think I'm going to stop with the lotions and potions for aftercare - seems to be healing just fine by itself without me poking at it with salve.  Also my clothes aren't covered in crap, which is nice.  Anyone else just letting stuff heal by itself these days? - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AtomicMagpye said:

I've gone down the dry healing route for the latest after the crap with the last one - 4 days in and do you know what, I think I'm going to stop with the lotions and potions for aftercare - seems to be healing just fine by itself without me poking at it with salve.  Also my clothes aren't covered in crap, which is nice.  Anyone else just letting stuff heal by itself these days? - 

I don't dry heal, but I've reduced the amount of aftercare exponentially from what I did when I started getting tattoos. I don't notice any difference in healing. The only think I do that has really helped from a comfort level is that I take a really hot bath as soon as I get home and again the next morning. My artist got this from Filip Leu's shop when he was being tattooed by him. Apparently it's also very common in Japan, although for some reason it's frowned on in the US. My tattoos haven't healed any differently since I started doing this, but there is a huge difference in the amount of discomfort. 

Edited by Hogrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AtomicMagpye said:

I've gone down the dry healing route for the latest after the crap with the last one - 4 days in and do you know what, I think I'm going to stop with the lotions and potions for aftercare - seems to be healing just fine by itself without me poking at it with salve.  Also my clothes aren't covered in crap, which is nice.  Anyone else just letting stuff heal by itself these days? - 

Same. Just keep it clean and let it heal. Works a treat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

got another tattoo this Saturday, so this is day 3 of healing and I am noticing I am swelling a lot right below the elbow — like from the elbow and 4” down. My tattoo is on the back of my bicep. Is this normal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brandondahl said:

Hi All,

got another tattoo this Saturday, so this is day 3 of healing and I am noticing I am swelling a lot right below the elbow — like from the elbow and 4” down. My tattoo is on the back of my bicep. Is this normal? 

swelling is totally normal,

keep it elevated,ice it up a little,treat it like an injury,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

swelling is totally normal,

keep it elevated,ice it up a little,treat it like an injury,

Even though the actual area isn’t swollen? I just find it odd, but then again it’s a lot of color and took 3 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brandondahl said:

Even though the actual area isn’t swollen? I just find it odd, but then again it’s a lot of color and took 3 hours.

both my hands swelled up like balloons when I had them tattooed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dan said:

both my hands swelled up like balloons when I had them tattooed

Good to know. Just to clarify, your hands swelled up when you had your bicep done? How long did the swelling last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brandondahl said:

Good to know. Just to clarify, your hands swelled up when you had your bicep done? How long did the swelling last?

LOL no ,my hands swelled up when I had my hands tattooed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing this large tattoo on the top of my forearm and near/almost on my elbow is a stress-fest for me. A good amount of peeling and cracking, more dryness than usual, and it’s sooo exposed allll of the time. Doing my best to count to 10 and take deep breaths... 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 8 healing a full side leg, so not fresh, but frig this is taking a long time to settle. The initial swelling/pain was much easier to deal with than I had anticipated (2 straight days of 12.5 hours, so i expected near-death, I guess), no scabbing and quick peeling phase, too. This piece has lots of deep colour and the blue is still scaly and itchy in some spots. My body has a hard time with some colours, I knew that going in, but I'm ready for this to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 8:47 PM, Brandondahl said:

Hi All,

got another tattoo this Saturday, so this is day 3 of healing and I am noticing I am swelling a lot right below the elbow — like from the elbow and 4” down. My tattoo is on the back of my bicep. Is this normal? 

My entire arm was swollen the day after a bicep tattoo. It didn't last long, back to normal after a couple of days. Normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently at the 7th day of healing, after three days my tattoo started to spread heat and after four days it started to peel and scab a bit. Luckily it wasn't infected. Now is quite better, everything start to flake away.

The first picture is about 2 days ago, the second one is today, after taking a short shower most of the greater scab just flake away without any "color problem" . Since is my first tatto, can I ask if everething is truely "normal"? :')  The higher part used to be lighter from the beginning, I guess the artist hasn't finished it properly, I will fix it soon I guess

83362426_802081156965729_2854462503604191232_n.jpg

82833422_1442885242548163_7812870271081119744_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas here? This line has gone red, raised and keeps drying up! It was done about 8-9 weeks ago and went like this about 6-7 weeks ago, it just won’t fully heal! My artist has done lots more work on and around that area without any reactions since but doesn’t want to touch this section till it’s healed, it’s been ages though!

1ECD84B1-667F-4A6D-9632-12FE9BC9873D.jpeg

83C76776-005D-4B83-BF50-6C27175B2ABC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh. Nope - that's a head scratcher, for me. That's on the inside of your arm, right? Maybe it's rubbing on your rolled up shirt sleeve, or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tinny448 said:

Any ideas here? This line has gone red, raised and keeps drying up! It was done about 8-9 weeks ago and went like this about 6-7 weeks ago, it just won’t fully heal! My artist has done lots more work on and around that area without any reactions since but doesn’t want to touch this section till it’s healed, it’s been ages though!

1ECD84B1-667F-4A6D-9632-12FE9BC9873D.jpeg

83C76776-005D-4B83-BF50-6C27175B2ABC.jpeg

See a doctor, that’s not normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

See a doctor, that’s not normal.

I’m back in the chair tomorrow so can’t really find the time anytime soon. If it was some sort of infection I assume I would know by now with it being 7-8 weeks ish 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tinny448 said:

I’m back in the chair tomorrow so can’t really find the time anytime soon. If it was some sort of infection I assume I would know by now with it being 7-8 weeks ish 

You asked for ideas. If you don’t want them, don’t ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

You asked for ideas. If you don’t want them, don’t ask.

Ok calm down, I wasn’t saying you were right or wrong. The easiest answer is see a doctor or it’s an infection, I just wanted something a little more educated than that that’s all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tinny448 said:

Ok calm down, I wasn’t saying you were right or wrong. The easiest answer is see a doctor or it’s an infection, I just wanted something a little more educated than that that’s all.

I agree with @Hogrider. I can't believe you are going back for more work on that when you haven't been to the doctor for that. It doesn't look right.

We can't tell you anything more. We aren't doctors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I agree with @Hogrider. I can't believe you are going back for more work on that when you haven't been to the doctor for that. It doesn't look right.

We can't tell you anything more. We aren't doctors.

It didn’t flare up for a couple weeks, I’ve been back every two or so weeks and as I didn’t get or feel Bad I assumed it was some sort of reaction? That was my first tattoo of a arm sleeve, I’m about 50% done now so will have a check up after tomorrow, I’ve heard anti biotic drugs don’t agree with tattoos so sort of held off going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Posts

    • sounds 100% normal.   before they are ready !?!?!???  LOL   holy shit ! let it heal ! it will be fine, mother nature made our bodies are pretty F***ing smart.   now, take a deep breath,  breath,   take a breath, now breath,  relax,trust me, it will be ok.
    • It is strarting to flake but im worried that the flakes come off prematurely when i wash it? And advice or tips on that? And when putting lotion on how can i do this without putting on too much lotion and bot taking off the flakes before their ready? 
    • so ya, if someone wants to join here and become part of the community and contribute in a positive way, then they are welcome,  but if someone comes here just looking to get help winning a contest online, then they won't get a real warm welcome here.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Topics

  • Blog Entries