Tattoo placement + other questions

Delicious

Hi!

So my sister and I are planning on getting a matching tattoo... idk if any of you remember but it was gonna be just me getting her name and a butterfly, but my sister wanted to do it too so here we are. Problably gonna be sometime next month, or beginning of november.

we cant decide where to get it, and its bothering us really bad. also, its hard to find a font we both like, because she doesnt like traditional fonts and all the google image script ones she likes are total shit. Who knew it would be so hard to write out Bonita Cecilia?

So any way you could steer us in the right direction, we'd appreciate it.

Also, as a side note, planning on getting a flapper lady head on my thigh within the next two months as well... excited! haha also gonna match my friend, she wanted to get something great gatsby related with me

I think the right direction would be going to a shop at this point, you already know what you want get tattooed. Going back in forth on this forum for two weeks trying to find an answer or spending ten minutes at the tattoo shop figuring out what will work and what the tattooer (the professionals) suggest seems like an easy choice. Plus it would be impossible to try to figure out where you should get your tattoo over the internet. This forum generally gives good advice regarding tattooing, but the tattoo shop is the best fastest resource around.

As far as getting the same thing, it's going to be hard if aren't into the same tattoos. You guys are both individuals and will like different things, so even if the tattoo differs slightly it will still be something you did together for the same reason. The experience itself can be your solidarity. Otherwise if it's that important to be the same you have to just agree on something, even if it means one person getting what the other person wants, I mean it's just lettering it's says the same thing no matter what the "font" is. Keep the whole process simple and relatively pain free so you focus on this being a fun event.

As far as getting the same thing, it's going to be hard if aren't into the same tattoos. You guys are both individuals and will like different things, so even if the tattoo differs slightly it will still be something you did together for the same reason. The experience itself can be your solidarity. Otherwise if it's that important to be the same you have to just agree on something, even if it means one person getting what the other person wants, I mean it's just lettering it's says the same thing no matter what the "font" is. Keep the whole process simple and relatively pain free so you focus on this being a fun event.

Precisely. In the end, if you both don't 100% agree, then getting exact copies will leave one of you thinking "if only" for the rest of your life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Ducky15568 See that's where the confusion starts, people start saying unknown terms. Personally if you were to have a "1/4 sleeve" too me that would just be an unfinished 1/2, 3/4, or full sleeve..... and newer age is a term I don't hear. But I'm going to assume it's a "New school" ( a lot of color, thinner outline, and kinda cartoonist).

To answer your question, what do you have in the first place? I forgot the exact quote from Dan Higgs, but something along the line of "it doesn't matter what you get tattooed, cause once it's there, it's there. You could get a tank and a Barbie doll next to each other, and it's fine."

Wow! That is small!

Haha! Compared to some places yes, it is extremely small ,but i find it to Have everything i could ever want. Found a Great Artist Near Home (Libby) that has done my last 5 tattoos and who ill be going to for the rest of mine. So im set to move back near there after College.