Looking to start acquiring original flash for framed artwork display.

pintindola

Hey all,

I have been looking to spruce up my apartment with some flash prints that I can frame. Obviously I can't afford Horiyoshi III original prints at this point so I was hoping someone can point me in the direction as to where to locate artist's flash originals that they sell or general areas of research that could help me find some amazing works.

Thanks in advance for your help all!

Pat

The Tattoo Elite International is exactly what I was looking for. It has quite a few of my favorite tattoo artists so come payday, I will be picking up a few of these items. Saving up for pieces from Troy Denning, Mike Rubendall, Scott Sylvia, Chris Garver, Henning Trevino, and Horitomo-Kazuaki Kitamura.

Thank you for a great recommendation!

I actually started a thread on this myself a few months back. Tattoo Elite is a good one but actually checking out stuff directly from an artist's site is better. I swung by Thomas Hooper's show to snag a print, plus places like shirtanddestroy.com out of brooklyn sometimes carry prints (plus wicked t-shirts).

Tattoo Elite is great, and I have spent some money on some great flash there, but yeah I second the obvious choice of contacting favorite artists for one-of-a-kind pieces of artwork. It's much better imo to own & display something truly unique. Might be more $ than a print but worth every penny.

Try writing an actual letter to them! Never doubt the impact of hand written letters. I never type or print out my letters to people. For some artists it's the only way to contact them. For instance DeVita can only be reached via just letters & maybe a phone call.

Tattoo Elite is great, and I have spent some money on some great flash there, but yeah I second the obvious choice of contacting favorite artists for one-of-a-kind pieces of artwork. It's much better imo to own & display something truly unique. Might be more $ than a print but worth every penny.

Try writing an actual letter to them! Never doubt the impact of hand written letters. I never type or print out my letters to people. For some artists it's the only way to contact them. For instance DeVita can only be reached via just letters & maybe a phone call.

Nothing beats the impact of a hand written letter.