Tattooed EYEBALL! WTF!

tammy

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A 37-year-old man was arraigned Friday on attempted murder and assault charges after authorities say he exchanged gunfire with police at an Anchorage hotel, wounding an officer who was working on a burglary investigation.

Jason Walter Barnum was arrested Friday morning after his release from a hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound to his arm.

The heavily tattooed Anchorage man was ordered held on $500,000 cash-only bail.

The right side of Barnum's face is almost completely covered with a tattoo of a skull, and his right eyeball has been tattooed black, according to the Alaska Dispatch.

barnum16n-2-web.jpg

Read more: Man with tattooed eyeball charged with attempted murder in police officer

Man with tattooed eyeball charged with attempted murder in police officer

I've met a couple of people who had their eyes tattooed. I don't find it particularly appealing or intelligent (plus I can't quite understand how you'd keep your eye open while you can see and feel it being tattooed...), but it's not all that shocking either. At least it doesn't cause any functional difficulties, unlike some other mods which totally change the shape of facial features etc.

I've met a couple of people who had their eyes tattooed. I don't find it particularly appealing or intelligent (plus I can't quite understand how you'd keep your eye open while you can see and feel it being tattooed...), but it's not all that shocking either. At least it doesn't cause any functional difficulties, unlike some other mods which totally change the shape of facial features etc.

But there are problems.

It's a hush hush thing, but some of the folks who've had it done have experienced glaucoma like pressure buildups in the eye, vision issues, etc.

But there are problems.

It's a hush hush thing' date=' but some of the folks who've had it done have experienced glaucoma like pressure buildups in the eye, vision issues, etc.[/quote']

I'm not surprised. In fact I would assume that would be a common occurrence. Messing with your eyes just seems like a terrible idea to me.

I'm not surprised. In fact I would assume that would be a common occurrence. Messing with your eyes just seems like a terrible idea to me.

i totally have to agree with this. last year I got an ulcer in my eyeball and it was so flippin painful. I could not sleep, felt like ly head was going to split in half from the pain.

About a year or so ago I was on Netflix and watch a National Geographic on Tattooing. This guy went around to different locations and at each one they demonstrated the technique and history of that area. In New Zealand they did face tattoos, for Japan the show's host received a tattoo from Horiyoshi III. The other thing they did show was the eye tattoos. If I remember correctly they were in LA. That was the oddest thing I ever saw. I checked Netflix this morning and the documentary is no longer on there. Sure you can find it somewhere.....

Done with a syringe by injecting dye directly under the membrane of the surface of the eye. Watched a show this last week of two um, gentlemen in a correctional institution who had done it themselves.

Hey-whatever gets you through the night, but speaking as someone working on one eyeball, after eight operations back when they used knives to slice 'em, there is no frkn way I would let anyone near my eye.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea since I first saw it posted, it seemed to have picked up pace much more rapidly than I had thought it would (apparently there are a decent amount of people that do this procedure). While the idea sounds kinda interesting to me (I dont really consider it a tattoo), it just seems like there are way too many possibilities for issues to arise, which for me is the last nail in the coffin as a bad idea. I have heard some postings about it on the interwebs that have clued to issues people are having with them. Apparently some people also tried the "poke" method, which has far worse results.