Witnessed Something Awesome Last Night

MGblues

I was at my local tattoo shop last night getting some work done on my backpiece and got to witness an 82 year old lady accompanied by her grown children get her first and probably only tattoo. She got "DNR" in small fancy script over her heart. Turned out she has a bad ticker and wanted a Do Not Resuscitate tattoo. She took it like a champ.

It was awesome!

Yeah, @Pugilist, just what ARE "older folks"?!?!?!?!?!?!?

@Dan S the past few years have convinced me that the old adage "Age ain't nothing but a number" is true.

At 46 years old I don't put any limitations on myself outside of what do I want or feel like doing today, because i might get hit by a train tomorrow (seriously, it could happen. I work for the railroad).

When that AARP card comes in the mail I will ceremoniously burn that motherfucker!!!

I recently tattooed a bloke in his 80's but he was pretty much sleeved. I added the names of his grandchildren to his hands, both sides between thumb and forefinger

I felt it was something of an honour to be adding to this blokes collection and was kind of in awe......like his tattoo's are commonplace now but back when he had them he was making a real statement