How do you react to positivity???

gougetheeyes

My baby sister got her first tat the other month tho I do not approve very much.. Well let me explain I dont mind at all but placement is the key IMO she got hers on the top of her forearm "Keep believing" Shes just out of school looking for a full time job and yeah the old saying you can not judge a book by its cover... yeah I think shes screwed

I would absolutely advise against anything visible at what I can gather is 18 years old or so. With that said...If she is a mature, respectful, sharp person...it won't hurt her job prospects. I firmly believe that if you are exceptionally good at what you do...tattoos won't matter. This obviously is not the case for everyone.... /2cents

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I was working at Hallmark and no one gave a fuck if my tattoos were showing since the manager and owner both had tattoos. Usually if people commented it'd be positive, but one day this lady that I was ringing up said something like, you should stop getting tattoos, you're such a pretty girl, and i was like, i think they make me even prettier! and she was like, you shouldn't do it for attention, and I was like, i don't do it for attention, i don't even like the attention, i like it because i like the way it looks. and then the lady behind her in line chimed in and told me she liked them and told me about how when she went to san francisco and saw how many tattooed people there were there are how it's a form of art and self-expression, etc etc. haha.

Kind of posted about this in another thread, but I'll reiterate here. I'm currently in University, but I work in a hospital during the summers doing non-invasive cardiology testing (mostly pre-op), cardiac rehabilitation and knee/hip replacement surgery rehabilitation. Basically I'm always working with patients, physicians and other departments of the hospital. I always wear t-shirts and shorts and I've had nothing but positive reactions. I don't think I've ever had a negative reaction (save for my Dad's reaction to my first one). Usually the tattoos serve as an ice breaker with patients and initiates conversation. Lots of elderly patients have nice things to say about it, with the usual questions like "did that hurt?" and "what does it mean?"

I always enjoy having a conversation about tattooing though, so I look forward to random questions from curious people! :)

An older gentleman I work with who is of the very conservative lifestyle made a comment the other day in regards to shitty tattoos. Points at my tattoos hanging out my scrubs and said: now those ate tattoos.

I'm all for compliments and positivity, but unfortunately it seems I catch curiosity followed by indifference or dirty looks

i recently had a FRIEND just straight up grab my arm, move it all about, and examine it to look at my tattoos, without asking me first if that was cool. she's not a super close friend, but still. how the hell do you just do that to someone? in what world is that cool?

I was out at a pub trivia night this wednesday, invited by a friend. I met some of her friends and we chatted and all was good and at one point one of them just pulls up my sleeve without asking me and I was awkwardly like...yes please do that without asking me. I swear some people.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really have a problem with people who want to get a better look at my tattoos, I just hate when they expect me to "explain" what they mean. They always seem so let down when they find out that not all tattoos need a Miami Ink explination

Just say they are based in your deep love for Satan and cheeseburgers. Works 30% of the time all the time