i saw fugazi in 95 with lungfish opening for them. they always played 2 shows when they came to atlanta and they always sold out almost immediately, i went to both shows and was blown away.

i also saw the agent orange reunion that was in 93 i think at the somber reptile in atlanta in which the drummer and bass player got into a fist fight halfway through their set.

i think too that the reverend horton heat has always put on a killer show, i've seen them probably 20 times and they always play relentlessly and usually over half the crowd is gone before they are ever done playing.

i got to see junior brown twice the same year, once at the county fair here in ohio and then a friend of a friend had hired him for their wedding reception. both really good shows and unusual settings.

also, got to see slim cessna's auto club in a tiny bar in indianapolis a couple years back and was completely amazed at how incredible they are live. this was probably the smallest venue i had ever seen music in as well and they absolutely tore the place down.

that's just a few of the best ones, i'm hoping once i move back down south that i'll get the chance to see more shows since no one ever comes through dayton.

D, the Del show was awesome. the backup band on their own (Serendipity Project) really blew, but with Del they were just fine. Hieroglyphics are playing Ashkenaz on May 1st, but i'll be at the Fox seeing Explosions in the Sky (what can i say, i'm a sucker for post-rock).

JAllen, i'm jealous you got to see Fugazi. that's my only show regret. any good shows coming up that you'll be going to?

JAllen, i'm jealous you got to see Fugazi. that's my only show regret. any good shows coming up that you'll be going to?

nothing anytime soon, i'm currently trying to do repairs on my house so i can sell it and move back to atlanta. so that's taking all my time and money at the moment. i would like to see explosions in the sky though, let us know how the show goes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What shows are you going to soon? or have seen that blew your mind/sucked.

Lucero, Drag the River, Austin Lucas (Maybe) GAMH Sun. Nov. 28th

Weezer (Blue Album live) Nob Hill Masonic Center Mon. Nov. 29th

They played the full Blue Album live?! I'm jealous. Massively jealous.

I only have one set of tickets in my house right now, and they're for this Asian Man revival tour. Dan Andriano and Chuck Reagan will be there- very excited.

The show that really blew my mind was probably Aerosmith last year, closely followed by the AC/DC show I saw two days before that.

They played the full Blue Album live?! I'm jealous. Massively jealous.

I only have one set of tickets in my house right now, and they're for this Asian Man revival tour. Dan Andriano and Chuck Reagan will be there- very excited.

The show that really blew my mind was probably Aerosmith last year, closely followed by the AC/DC show I saw two days before that.

Yeah, That Weezer show was insane. Blue Album straight through was quite good.

Did Steven Tyler have feathers in his hair?

Saw Slapstick, Alkaline Trio, and The Lawrence Arms last week. Stoked.

I wish I could go to the Riverboat Gamblers / Off With Their Heads / Dead To Me / Underground Railroad To Candyland / Big Kids show in SF next week...

i keep forgetting about that show Jake! thanks for reminding me!

Yeah, That Weezer show was insane. Blue Album straight through was quite good.

Did Steven Tyler have feathers in his hair?

I can imagine, mate. The Blue Album is my favourite of theirs too.

Steven Tyler didn't have feathers in his hair (from what I could see, anyway), but he did rock some tight trousers and a huge long jacket! He had a massive hat, too, how I think about it. It was really great :) Rage Against the Machine were there that weekend, too, they were perfect. And Billy Idol, too! I wish I could go back to that weekend.

• 4 weeks later...